[Q] Droid Razr Maxx stuck on Bootloop. Edited the Build.prop incorrectly.

Search This thread

sidswami

Jul 25, 2012
Hi All,

I have a Droid Razr Maxx (Verizon) which was on 4.1.2 OTA update. I tried to edit the build.prop and messed up. The phone turns on to the Red Moto logo, later goes into the typical Droid Razr graphics and is stuck there for ever (Stuck on Booting?). I am able to enter into recovery, thankfully.

Now can anyone suggest a way to flash only the build.prop to restore it?

Else, can you point me to stock XT912M 4.1.2 so that I can flash getting into recovery?

Or is there is a better way that I could get out of this mess?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sid

tydiamond11

Feb 3, 2013
Texas
www.geotrekweb.com
Hi All,

I have a Droid Razr Maxx (Verizon) which was on 4.1.2 OTA update. I tried to edit the build.prop and messed up. The phone turns on to the Red Moto logo, later goes into the typical Droid Razr graphics and is stuck there for ever (Stuck on Booting?). I am able to enter into recovery, thankfully.

Else, can you point me to stock XT912M 4.1.2 so that I can flash getting into recovery?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sid

you might want to try using rsd to fully restore the phone. That would also fix your issue. I have done this lots of times. Before you start make sure your phone is charged. Or you will have to buy a USB cable that allows the phone to work with the computer with out charging.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sidswami

angrist

Dec 9, 2008
In order to flash only build.prop you need to be able to start an adb session and then push the file, or use aroma which executes after boot menu manager so it is not a choice since you can't pass from red logo.

Easier way is rsd flashing a service rom so it will not delete so many files.

Sent from my XT910 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: sidswami

sidswami

Jul 25, 2012
Resolved.

you might want to try using rsd to fully restore the phone. That would also fix your issue. I have done this lots of times. Before you start make sure your phone is charged. Or you will have to buy a USB cable that allows the phone to work with the computer with out charging.

In order to flash only build.prop you need to be able to start an adb session and then push the file, or use aroma which executes after boot menu manager so it is not a choice since you can't pass from red logo.

Used RSD and flashed stock ROM 4.1.2.

Worked perfectly! Thanks all. :victory:

I got the stock ROM from here.

http://sbf.droid-developers.org/

It has links for all Motorola devices and for all versions. Hope it will be helpful.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Sid