[Q] how to root an SGN after flashing stock ICS with odin pc

Search This thread

lol4it

Mar 4, 2012
i know rule #1 is do not use pit or re-partition...

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Code:
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> cache.img
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!! 
<ID:0/003> factoryfs.img
<ID:0/003> hidden.img
<ID:0/003> modem.bin
<ID:0/003> zImage
<ID:0/003> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/003> RES OK !!
<ID:0/003> Completed..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)
<ID:0/003> Removed!!
<ID:0/006> Added!!
<ID:0/006> Removed!!
<ID:0/005> Added!!

tried but screen is still black...

alias_neo

Jun 9, 2006
London
i know rule #1 is do not use pit or re-partition...

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Code:
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> cache.img
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!! 
<ID:0/003> factoryfs.img
<ID:0/003> hidden.img
<ID:0/003> modem.bin
<ID:0/003> zImage
<ID:0/003> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/003> RES OK !!
<ID:0/003> Completed..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)
<ID:0/003> Removed!!
<ID:0/006> Added!!
<ID:0/006> Removed!!
<ID:0/005> Added!!

tried but screen is still black...

WOOOOAAAH wait! I'll tell you, just don't f*** with it more.

Mine went black screen after flash too, just hold power button till it reboots (15 seconds or so) and it will enter recovery and say updating. After 5 minutes it started spinning faster (the blue thing on the android) and went nowhere so i held power again until reboot, it went back to recovery and progress bar completed then it rebooted normally and is running fine now.

DO NOT repartition!

AleksLenin

Feb 2, 2012
You can flash CF-Root kernel with PC Odin but that will increase your flash counter..

Download the prerooted ICS ROM from this thread and flash it with PC Odin..

You'll have ICS ROM with root after flash

yeah? that doesnt work? the preerooted ics rom is bullcrap.. Anyone else have another idea? or should i just flash back to GB and root, then flash
again in odin?

Last edited:

BruXav

Apr 4, 2012
You can flash CF-Root kernel with PC Odin but that will increase your flash counter..

Download the prerooted ICS ROM from this thread and flash it with PC Odin..

You'll have ICS ROM with root after flash

See me reply to gain root in ICS without going back to GB

Hey Matius,
I went to the page where the prerooted ICS rom is suposed to be downloadable but I can't find any download link :( Can you help?
thznk you

AleksLenin

Feb 2, 2012
Yes.

And you might want to work on that attitude if you're gonna keep asking for help

Its not an attitude, but its not good to make me flash something that doesnt work. You could have saved me the time and others aswell. Take a look... Its confirmed

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336693746150.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336693746150.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

matius44

Feb 24, 2011
Sunderland
Its not an attitude, but its not good to make me flash something that doesnt work. You could have saved me the time and others aswell. Take a look... Its confirmed

YOU take a look here and here, both reported it is working before the issue with root appeared so yeah I did not just say that out of my head..

Besides, so what if I made you flash something that did not work? that's the nature of flashing, something that worked for you does not necessarily mean it will work fro me..

If you do not like that, stop asking for help and start reading and experimenting yourself

Oh and it IS an attitude.

AleksLenin

Feb 2, 2012
YOU take a look here and here, both reported it is working before the issue with root appeared so yeah I did not just say that out of my head..

Besides, so what if I made you flash something that did not work? that's the nature of flashing, something that worked for you does not necessarily mean it will work fro me..

If you do not like that, stop asking for help and start reading and experimenting yourself

Oh and it IS an attitude.

Haha... Whats your problem dude... Im just telling you it doesnt work!
you should NOT flash that....now stop it, go have a cookie or something

AleksLenin

Feb 2, 2012
Meh.. Reading comprehension fail, or you wanna ask for help for that too :rolleyes:

Beggers always gonna beg

I never asked for you to help me. And you aint good giving it either..even tho the release is fixed now.. When the guy that released it tells you dont flash. I dont flash... now go away

Suckers always gonna suck

Last edited:

AleksLenin

Feb 2, 2012
Anyway I did it dr.ketzan way and it worked like a charm:)
Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA[/QUOTE]

dannycanrock

Apr 18, 2012
Heaven
i did the same things guys i flashed ics with odin pc and now i want root access what should i do should i flash CF-Root-SGN_XX_OXA_LPY-v5.3-CWM5 and get it rooted and if i get the yallow thing i can take it off and rest counter with triangle away ? am i right please someone help

Last edited:

romac

Jun 12, 2007
i did the same things guys i flashed ics with odin pc and now i want root access what should i do should i flash CF-Root-SGN_XX_OXA_LPY-v5.3-CWM5 and get it rooted and if i get the yallow thing i can take it off and rest counter with triangle away ? am i right please someone help

You are right

dannycanrock

Apr 18, 2012
Heaven
heeeey guys please help me i triangle away saying to me could not locate hidden partiton are you not running ics ? please help what should i do i need to rest the counter and remove the triangle help please

Top Liked Posts