[Q] AT&T OTA Not working - Stock

Search This thread

Piachnp

Oct 9, 2012
New York
Hey guys, I just bought this phone yesterday from AT&T. Just out of the box I received an OTA update, which I thought was the KK update. But no, I am stuck on android 4.1.2 and Sense 5.0, and when I try to update, all I get is a message saying that everything is up to date and there are no updates available for me.

I am on the AT&T network at the time, and my phone is completely stock, no mod whatsoever. Any ideas what is going on????

kuzumitaiga

Apr 16, 2014
You might want to exchange for a new unit or request for them to update, for all we know applying solutions suggested by us might just void the warranty instead.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Hey guys, I just bought this phone yesterday from AT&T. Just out of the box I received an OTA update, which I thought was the KK update. But no, I am stuck on android 4.1.2 and Sense 5.0, and when I try to update, all I get is a message saying that everything is up to date and there are no updates available for me.

I am on the AT&T network at the time, and my phone is completely stock, no mod whatsoever. Any ideas what is going on????

use this RUU to get to 4.3 >> http://androidruu.com/getdownload.p...13_10.38j.1157.04_release_334235_signed_2.exe

you need locked / relocked bootloader

being your on 4.1.2 now would be a great time to get s-off before doing the ruu update. check this guide for getting s-off
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2365506

Piachnp

Oct 9, 2012
New York
Lets say I don't do S-Off (i don't really know what that is, my earlier phone was a crappy samsung) and I do the update with the RUU, will I be able to do S-Off later???

The thing is that i don't want to void the warranty. Coming from a really bad phone, where I had to mod EVERYTHING to get it working acceptably, I would really like to settle down and be stock for a while. Of course, that feeling will probably last a few months and then I will be flashing roms every 2 days lol.

If I flash the RUU manually, that doesn't void the warranty right? I mean, its an official firmware i suppose. On the other hand, if I can only do the S-Off thing right now, i might consider staying a while longer with 4.1.2 ... after all it is not so bad.

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
Lets say I don't do S-Off (i don't really know what that is, my earlier phone was a crappy samsung) and I do the update with the RUU, will I be able to do S-Off later???

The thing is that i don't want to void the warranty. Coming from a really bad phone, where I had to mod EVERYTHING to get it working acceptably, I would really like to settle down and be stock for a while. Of course, that feeling will probably last a few months and then I will be flashing roms every 2 days lol.

If I flash the RUU manually, that doesn't void the warranty right? I mean, its an official firmware i suppose. On the other hand, if I can only do the S-Off thing right now, i might consider staying a while longer with 4.1.2 ... after all it is not so bad.

Yes it is HARDER to do S-OFF on later updates.

Piachnp

Oct 9, 2012
New York
Yes it is HARDER to do S-OFF on later updates.

Mmm I think I'll start reading more before I make any decisions. Eventually I will root and install custom rims and kernels, so I'd like to keep my options open. If it's HARD but not impossible I might upgrade and stay stock.

Would you say there's a big difference between 4.1.2 / Sense 5.0 and 4.3 / Sense 5.5 ???

hack14u

Nov 23, 2010
Mobile, AL
Gain S-Off now, and forever be happy. I never cared about OTA when I had that phone, I could run any RUU I wanted to, I changed from ATT to Dev, to GPE and back so many times. Just awesome.