[Discussion] What's your next smartphone / What should I buy

Search This thread

theUsualSuspexx

mines is either galaxy s3 or galaxy note for t-mobile

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA Premium App

I 2nd that notion. Rockin the sk4g and sgS2 combo at the moment...remoting the sk keyboard to the galaxy to help ween me off physical qwerty lol Almost got a nexus this morning but think I'm opting for the s3/note combo

Sent from my SGH-T839 using XDA transparent BLUE while the iPhone killa from the GALAXY "SGH-T989" marinates awhile after yet another helping of alien at&t ice cream sandwhich

chaki-

Apr 3, 2012
Banana Paradise
Anything with 1.8Ghz stock will be next purchase. At that point it's kinda useless to have 3 1.4Ghz ~1.5Ghz phones with almost same specs and different brands......

beanboy89

Jun 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
I'm always about two generations behind with my smartphone purchases. I got a G1 in 2010 and a Nexus One in 2011. My next phone will probably be something like an Atrix or Sensation.

DrumJ86

Apr 27, 2012
London
HTC One X, arriving 2moro :) although I will be keeping a very close eye on what Samsung drop next week. Interesting times ahead!

GingerBiscuit

Apr 26, 2012
Waiting for the S3, although I have been tempted towards to HTC one during the wiat. I'm out of contract so the whole rumour mill hassle has been annoying around the S3 launch.

As the S3 is likely to be announce in the UK on the 3rd now I'm looking forward to it.

fuegos

May 16, 2010
If the S3 will appear to be as good as S2 on the day it was released i will surely go for it. At the moment i would buy One X.

ADJack

Aug 7, 2011
I've been looking to get a new phone for about a month now. Currently using a Nexus S. I was getting a little flustered over the touchscreen keyboard and I was adamant on getting a blackberry as my next phone. My other option is a SG2, technically it is quite good but I figured that going with a GNexus might be better because of it's development support and ICS. Took a look at the One X and it looks like there is a screen flickering problem with it, so it is put on hold for now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Got the Edge 30 Ultra for 430€ - it was a long search, but its a very good choice for that money in Europe/AT.

Hello, I need some advice for a new phone.I was fine with my old g6 play until he broke(charging iusses).
    I need it for 3 usage:
    -daily driver
    -my app development and debug( not published on the store so I don't care about android version).
    -I want to try to build my own ROM as described in some tutorials here on xda.
    So main feature that I'm looking:
    - easy unlockable bootloader
    -better if the it's not exotic so maybe it will be easy to port lineage os or others.
    -Not too big (5 inch g6 play was fine, but I won't 7 inch display in my pocket!!)
    -decent photo, speed and battery usage.
    -compass
    -I don't care about software update etc.
    -price: I hope under 250€

What about the Moto G84?

You can get it for 200€, nice SOC, its not a no-name brand - pure Android,
    Qualcomm SoC - so there will be a lot custom ROMs.

Help me choose between budget Samsung and older Xperia

I always tended to buy second hand devices and really liked Xperias, my last phone was XA2 which I was able to utilise for long thanks to LineageOS. But since my banking app and NFC payments stopped working, and I don't have inclination anymore to tinker endlessly with safetynet etc., I decided to get a new device.

So first I went looking for something usable for around $100 (I know, pretty low budget, but that's me haha), and since I had bought previously a Samsung A14 for my girlriend and she's happy with it, I went for one too (4G version, new). After using it for a few weeks, I'm quite impressed with One UI over stock Android, and it's good to know there will be updates (I think it's going to get Android 15). What I'm not sure about is the size, I'm used to small phones, but then again having a big screen is nice as well. I don't watch much youtube on phone though. The phone has only 4GB RAM though and does lag sometimes. I'm fairly basic user overall, just need phone for messages and calls, ocassional photos and yt. Also I noticed. for some reason the smart lock (exten unlock) is kind of unreliable, which is annoying. Also sound quality is lacking, even after installing third party equalizer.

So I kept thinking, maybe I should get somehing second-hand with better specs, andI really like small phones, so I went looking on ebay and ended up getting an Xperia 10 III at good price. I like the specs better - OLED, 6GB RAM, feels more snappy, but it runs on Android 13 (I was suprised not to see much customisation from Sony like in older Xperias). Still fairly recent. Weird form factor though, I think it's 21:9, but I like it.

So now I'm stuck with these 2 phones and can't decide which to keep. Which one in the long run will be more reliable and less headache? Any recommendations? (edit: I'm not planning to use them for longer than say 2 years).

You can buy the G42 for about 115€ - maybe you should look into that phone:

And for about 155€ you can get the G72:

Mostly pure Android, no ads, will serve you well.
    Before you buy an used phone, check it with this app:

See how many charging cycles it has.
    500+ and you know the battery is on way down.
    Any hint how I can obtain physical access to a device that I don't own yet in order to install this certainly great app for the suggested check?
    It's unlikely, but I'd love to witness this: a Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy Nexus Note operating on Ice Cream Sandwich with just soft keys.
    G53 is a low end phone - G42 is a better choice.
    Amoled, FHD, better SoC etc

Xperia 10 III is as good as G42, with more RAM, but an older phone and cost more:
    Before you buy an used phone, check it with this app:

See how many charging cycles it has.
    500+ and you know the battery is on way down.
    Thanks. Won't work on my phone as it's for Android 14, but am looking for another app to check number of cycles.
    mines is either galaxy s3 or galaxy note for t-mobile

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA Premium App
    For sure Samsung Galaxy S3

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7000 mit Tapatalk
    Asus Padfone for me!
    Not sure yet, but seeing as my HTC has had its life dramatically extended by HTC unlocking bootloader for thier devices and so making it much easier to root and mod I am finding it difficult to find a complelling reason to move from HTC
    Probably the Galaxy S3. Hopefully we'll see an updated Note later in the year.