They have arrived

Search This thread

DroidApprentice

Nov 7, 2010
That is nice...too bad I'm only interested in notebooks anymore and the OEMs aren't ready yet. PC notebooks always end up being a gamble because there are so many variables. Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being late summer/fall before Asus or suchlike release an IB notebook I can be down with.

pvtjoker42

Dec 12, 2008
anyone with a 2500/2600k especially if it's overclocked.. won't see any major gains going to Ivy Bridge. If you have an older/lower end intel or Amd, then it's worth the upgrade.

I've always been an AMD cpu fan (always hated ATI, so wasn't happy when AMD bought them) but the FX chips are a serious let down, couple that with Asus losing my business forever (dead mobo less than 6 months in and BAD service on RMA) I made the jump to Intel and the 2600k. been running at 4.8 since day 2 and won't look back.. for now.. Come on AMD, win me back!

Reactions: thomasskull666

shane6374

Jun 23, 2009
Minneapolis
I've been kinda debating myself here a little bit on doing a build with the 2500k or one of these new Ivybridge CPU's. Currently running the original Intel Core2 Quad right now.

thomasskull666

Sep 24, 2010
St. Louis
I've been kinda debating myself here a little bit on doing a build with the 2500k or one of these new Ivybridge CPU's. Currently running the original Intel Core2 Quad right now.

IMHO, I would say go with the 2500k once the price drops to at or below $200. If you need hyperthreading go with the 2600k, but since so few mainstream games as of yet don't take advantage of it I would say the i5 has a better price to power ratio. The performance increase between Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge is so small, it would almost be a waste. I'm gonna pick up a 3570k to see how much of a difference there really is between that and the 2500k.

But in all honesty we really have to wait and see more statistics on the performance differences. Oh and thanks for that microcenter link btw, definitely going to buy it there!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

shane6374

Jun 23, 2009
Minneapolis
IMHO, I would say go with the 2500k once the price drops to at or below $200. If you need hyperthreading go with the 2600k, but since so few mainstream games as of yet don't take advantage of it I would say the i5 has a better price to power ratio. The performance increase between Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge is so small, it would almost be a waste. I'm gonna pick up a 3570k to see how much of a difference there really is between that and the 2500k.

But in all honesty we really have to wait and see more statistics on the performance differences. Oh and thanks for that microcenter link btw, definitely going to buy it there!

I agree, but I saw the 3570k price is $189.99 which it pretty nice. I don't really game, but I do a ton of graphics work, much more than just the theming I do on Android. Also I wonder what would be best for compiling Android in Linux.

MДЯCЦSДИT

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 21, 2010
I agree, but I saw the 3570k price is $189.99 which it pretty nice. I don't really game, but I do a ton of graphics work, much more than just the theming I do on Android. Also I wonder what would be best for compiling Android in Linux.

More threads = faster compile. As long as you use -j8 (for 8 threads)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: shane6374

austin420

Jan 8, 2009
kansas city mo
Ohhhh. Ohhhhh its magic....

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335926319964.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335926319964.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: thomasskull666

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is going to get deleted but idgaf. THE TIME IS NIGH!!

In case you don't follow me on le twitter, promotions.newegg.com/intel/12-1596...DGE042912-_-EMC-042912-Index-_-E0-_-Promoword

I can't contain my excitement.

/mindgasm

I'm an AMD fan though...

So those are way overpriced.
    I think you all are missing the point...

22nm!! 3D transistors!! Tri-gate technology!!

Yes they are over priced like none other, I am also a bigger fan of AMD than Intel but ever since I got my 2500k I've been blown away by the staggering amount of performance.

I'm definitely disappointed in the reviews I've been reading about the new processors, apparently the 3770k has severe heat issues and overclocking isn't nearly as easy as Sandy Bridge. And for the price and only like a 3% power increase, I'm definitely keeping the 2500k and waiting until something better comes out. Sorry Intel, but you messed up again.

I was a big AMD fanboi during the athlon xp/64 days when overclocking was "the ****". Got a mobile barton 2500 from stock 1.8 to 2.8 on air and that was awesome... Intel is still 10-15% faster than AMD since core 2 duo release correct?

Yes.

At four times the price.