Kept my unlimited plan when I upgraded on 01/06/13

Search This thread

rockingout92

Jul 12, 2011
Meridian
The point is that you CAN'T get unlimited anymore. You can only do everything in your power to keep it. Those that have an existing line with unlimited and want to keep it? Add a line, or upgrade an alternate line and switch the new phone to your unlimited. And for the love of God do not switch to share everything as it will kick the unltd. Off all your lines.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

shahr12

Jun 17, 2010
The point is that you CAN'T get unlimited anymore. You can only do everything in your power to keep it. Those that have an existing line with unlimited and want to keep it? Add a line, or upgrade an alternate line and switch the new phone to your unlimited. And for the love of God do not switch to share everything as it will kick the unltd. Off all your lines.

I agree. You need to be on a shared plan and then use one of two ways that you mentioned to keep your unlimited.:good:

srath16

Nov 23, 2011
Clearwater, Florida
You can keep your unlimited data as long as you are using another line for the upgrade. The trick is to not renew the contact for the line that has the unlimited data. Once an upgrade has been done on the account for another line, you can flip flop the hardware wherever you would like.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

335Deezl

Apr 25, 2011
I would just switch one of the upgrades to another line that doesn't have the upgrade then switch the note II to your line. Before you do this, ask Verizon. I know transferring an upgrade from a line with unlimited data to a line that doesn't have it works since I triple checked with Verizon (which worked when I did it in December)

Sent from my Note II

+1

Sent from my Transformer using XDA Premium HD app

Acturbo

Nov 27, 2010
Wilmington, DE
Has anyone else tried this tactic at any other Verizon dealer? I'm curious if they all know about it or if you were lucky with the Verizon people in your area.

Def not all know about it. If you remove a smartphone from an account the Verizon system automatically takes the data plan off the account. If you add it back after the system would then automatically put the account on the tiered data plan. I am a dealer and have no idea how this was accomplished without one of the other methods mentioned in this thread.

Rootuser3.0

May 18, 2011
Def not all know about it. If you remove a smartphone from an account the Verizon system automatically takes the data plan off the account. If you add it back after the system would then automatically put the account on the tiered data plan. I am a dealer and have no idea how this was accomplished without one of the other methods mentioned in this thread.
Some Verizon employee told me if I have a dumb phone add it to my account then it becomes immediately available for upgrade tona 4g phone since it was my own equipment then I can move that alreadyv activared upgrade phone to my unlimited line is this true? I thought if I add a line my whole account which has 3 unlimited lines all go into that share everything BS

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

eraursls1984

Sep 8, 2010
Tallahassee, Florida
You can keep your unlimited data as long as you are using another line for the upgrade. The trick is to not renew the contact for the line that has the unlimited data. Once an upgrade has been done on the account for another line, you can flip flop the hardware wherever you would like.

You use the upgrade on another line but the line that originally had the upgrade is the one that gets the extended contract, but it will still remain unlimited.

textron

Oct 16, 2008
There is another way to keep your unlimited data and upgrade your line. I am not sure how long term it will be but I upgraded my line directly and still have had unlimited data since Dec.

thenuke1

Jan 14, 2013
Los Angeles 818
to the people i sent PMs to about the location and other info for the loophole

if you guys could please update me here.

as far as i know only me (upgraded to note 2) and my sister (downgraded from Droid x to Iphone 4s lol) got the deal.

yyhd

Apr 2, 2011
California
to the people i sent PMs to about the location and other info for the loophole

if you guys could please update me here.

as far as i know only me (upgraded to note 2) and my sister (downgraded from Droid x to Iphone 4s lol) got the deal.

That sucks. Others have tried?

Maybe the rep who hooked you up got chewed out?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

AcE XBOX

Feb 5, 2008
Alternate upgrade from unlimited data line to a line that is a basic phone, or has a tiered data plan. After that, switch the phones to the desired lines. Done.

Your friendly VZW sales rep.

miketoasty

Sep 13, 2010
Upgraded from a GNex with unlimited data to a Note II using my brothers line (He has a dumb phone) and although I had to select an alternate data plan (5GB for $50) next month I was still on my unlimited. I went through VZW's website through the whole process and used the "Transfer Upgrade" option to be able to upgrade. I don't know if I "Kept" unlimited data or if it will just take another month before it goes in to effect but I will take another month of Verizon's unlimited 4G!

Checked my plan online and I still have the option "Unlimited Web and Email - $30" selected on my line. Again I don't know if this means that I kept it or if it hasn't updated yet, anyone like to chime in and give me some info?

billku

Jun 9, 2011
Upgraded from a GNex with unlimited data to a Note II using my brothers line (He has a dumb phone) and although I had to select an alternate data plan (5GB for $50) next month I was still on my unlimited. I went through VZW's website through the whole process and used the "Transfer Upgrade" option to be able to upgrade. I don't know if I "Kept" unlimited data or if it will just take another month before it goes in to effect but I will take another month of Verizon's unlimited 4G!

Checked my plan online and I still have the option "Unlimited Web and Email - $30" selected on my line. Again I don't know if this means that I kept it or if it hasn't updated yet, anyone like to chime in and give me some info?

I'm told that if the data plan change is going to happen, it happens right away, so you're probably good. Can't guarantee it obviously, but probably.

terriermike

Sep 9, 2010
I have worked for a premium retailer for going on three years. I can confirm that for the past couple of weeks at least you can keep unlimited data regardless of whether you're using another line's upgrade or even your own upgrade (and therefore extending the contract ON the unlimited line) as long as you have another line on the account that doesn't have unlimited...doesn't matter if its a basic phone or a tiered smart phone, or anything else really. We need this because we have to have a target line.

This is pretty nice because before, while we could keep the unlimited as long as we used a different line's upgrade, now it's letting us actually use the upgrade on the unlimited line itself, which it did not do before. I have even called several friends who I knew had purposely not used their upgrade on their unlimited line yet and many have now used that upgrade successfully. After all, you never know if this is actually considered a loophole and will be fixed.

And no, this does not require scanning in a basic phone first, the only phone scanned is the one you're buying and it is listed on the customer agreement, so we should be getting paid accordingly.

If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me. Heck, maybe I could even make a sale or two and ship you a phone if you don't want to deal with having to make sure whatever store you go to does this correctly...you never know how long the person has worked there and if they know what is going on. For instance we have a new guy and I always make sure to assist him with these types of things as eRoes can be a pain in the ass to use sometimes. (if this is not allowed, then scratch that idea! lol). I have 500+ FB on ebay so could even handle it there for buyer peace of mind.

bulvine420

Aug 21, 2009
Escondido
I have a friend that works for a premium Verizon reseller and she does this to keep unlimited. Add a line to your plan with a note 2 ring it up do a device only change to put the note 2 on your line then put a regular 9.99 basic phone on that new line. Its 10 bucks more a month but you have unlimited check your minutes and see if you can't go down to a lower plan to make up for the 10 bucks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

you can use another lines upgrade on your plan and keep unlimited data...however nobody on your plan including yourself can use the upgrade on your line without losing unlimited. this is nothing new alot of us have been doing this for a bit now. Enjoy the note2 its a great device!
    I have 2 Verizon phones on a 8 gb shared data plan. How do I get this to actually work?

You don't.