[Q] Bluetooth issue in KatKiss 4.3 #024

Search This thread

Phoenixct

Jan 26, 2011
I've setted the home button long press action to "Google Now", then i setted it to "none" but it still goes to google now, i've tried to set it to another action, but it remains on google now.

If I connect the Tf101 to a devices with bluetooth tethering it do not go online, but all seem to works, no problems with stock rom on this.

Mike_NZ

Oct 31, 2012
Hamilton
I've setted the home button long press action to "Google Now", then i setted it to "none" but it still goes to google now, i've tried to set it to another action, but it remains on google now.

If I connect the Tf101 to a devices with bluetooth tethering it do not go online, but all seem to works, no problems with stock rom on this.

From what I've read, Bluetooth tethering to a cellphone is not supported in either 4.2 or 4.3 - strangely enough though, when I moved from ICS to EOS 4.2 my BT tethering continued to work all through the EOS and KAtKiss ROMs, but it failed after I moved up to KatKiss 4.3 - at which point it no longer worked on 4.2 either. My understanding is that this is an Android thing, rather than a KatKiss thing, and it may never be resolved as the newer versions of Android place restrictions on loading drivers that aren't originally included. I would love to be proved wrong on this by a version of 4.3 with working BT tehthering.

The only way I was able to get it working again was by going back to ICS.

Phoenixct

Jan 26, 2011
From what I've read, Bluetooth tethering to a cellphone is not supported in either 4.2 or 4.3 - strangely enough though, when I moved from ICS to EOS 4.2 my BT tethering continued to work all through the EOS and KAtKiss ROMs, but it failed after I moved up to KatKiss 4.3 - at which point it no longer worked on 4.2 either. My understanding is that this is an Android thing, rather than a KatKiss thing, and it may never be resolved as the newer versions of Android place restrictions on loading drivers that aren't originally included. I would love to be proved wrong on this by a version of 4.3 with working BT tehthering.

The only way I was able to get it working again was by going back to ICS.

With Cyanogenmod this issue was present passing from android 4.1 to 4.2.2, but was resolved, but in that case was problem with the server side, i've problem from client side. maybe was the same bug?

Phoenixct

Jan 26, 2011
I think timduru have fixed this, in the 025 version changalog these is a "fix bluetooth tethering" :)

chadj77

Jun 1, 2013
With Kitkat 4.4 around the corner there is some major features with bluetooth being introduced with 4.4. With 4.3 working so well currently I can only imagine how seamless 4.4 could be but I am probably getting my hopes up.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk