Custom Odin IMGs

Search This thread

533y4

Dec 1, 2010
I have read a few different forums and threads about creating Odin Tar backups (as almost like a custom recovery restore option, per se). But I was wondering if it where possible to do on this phone, with the unlocked bootloader and all. Also, how would one go about doing this on this specific phone?

Basically, the stock ROM I am running now is VERY custom tuned. I spent hours upon hours working on it. I would like to create a backup where if something were to ever go wrong and I had to factory reset the phone, then I could easily just Odin with a previous "backup" and not spend 100+ hours again creating custom files etc etc.

Can someone please help me with this?

bri315317

Oct 27, 2010
South Carolina
I have read a few different forums and threads about creating Odin Tar backups (as almost like a custom recovery restore option, per se). But I was wondering if it where possible to do on this phone, with the unlocked bootloader and all. Also, how would one go about doing this on this specific phone?

Basically, the stock ROM I am running now is VERY custom tuned. I spent hours upon hours working on it. I would like to create a backup where if something were to ever go wrong and I had to factory reset the phone, then I could easily just Odin with a previous "backup" and not spend 100+ hours again creating custom files etc etc.

I can't help you but just wanted to say that I have been considering this and see it as a possible work around to our bootloader problem. It would have to be done on a Linux box or maybe VM to build the system.IMG.ext4 file. Basically repackage a system partition . I am pretty sure you can build yours from your phone through adb. I am not sure what the command line for this is.

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

Agent

Feb 5, 2013

You can not flash ANYTHING with odin or anything else on this phone that is not signed because of the bootloader issue we are facing.