[Q] Wifi "stuck" requiring reboot

Search This thread

AlbertDude

Nov 28, 2013
Hi,

I've noticed that my XT1032 sometimes has its wifi "frozen".
What happens is that I'll be out and about and perhaps connect to wifi hotspot at a coffee shop.

When I get home, my wifi is "stuck" and still thinks it's seeing the wifi networks from when I was out. If i run a wifi analyzer app, it reports still seeing the wifi hotspots from when I was out.

Turning off wifi and turning it back on doesn't help.
I need to reboot the phone for the wifi to work properly and see and connect to my home network.

Anybody else getting this behaviour? Anybody have any suggestions on a fix?

thoper

Mar 28, 2010
no need to reboot,

Hi,

What happens is that I'll be out and about and perhaps connect to wifi hotspot at a coffee shop.

When I get home, my wifi is "stuck" and still thinks it's seeing the wifi networks from when I was out. If i run a wifi analyzer app, it reports still seeing the wifi hotspots from when I was out.

I need to reboot the phone for the wifi to work properly and see and connect to my home network.

no need to reboot, airplane mode for a couple of seconds fixes the issue.

Same behaviour

I have the same problem on 4.3, i'mm hoping 4.4 fixes this.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

I have the same problem on 4.3, i'mm hoping 4.4 fixes this.

vijay87

Dec 16, 2013
Same here!!

I also have the same problem. In addition, what I noticed is - I turn off the WiFi in Settings page and when I go into Settings->WiFi, it shows that the WiFi is turned ON. Now if I turn it OFF here, again when I come out, in Settings page it shows that the WiFi is turned ON. This goes on and on until I reboot.

1T TAB

Jan 9, 2014
It's probably a software issue
If you are rooted,then install a good and stable custom rom and you are good to then

Sent from my MT27i using xda app-developers app

AlbertDude

Nov 28, 2013
I think that's the same behaviour as on my phone and probably why turning WIFI off and then on again didn't fix the issue -- it probably didn't really turn the WIFI off whereas I'm guessing that putting it into/out of Airplane mode actually does disable and reenable the WIFI.

I can live with the Airplane mode trick -- much better than needing to reboot!

I also have the same problem. In addition, what I noticed is - I turn off the WiFi in Settings page and when I go into Settings->WiFi, it shows that the WiFi is turned ON. Now if I turn it OFF here, again when I come out, in Settings page it shows that the WiFi is turned ON. This goes on and on until I reboot.

profyler

Oct 5, 2012
Sâo Paulo
I have the same issue, but with another irritating problem:
It ereases all my previous saved wifi network. :mad:

I cant stand this. rebooting the phone always makes me loose all my previous saved wifi network. Did this happened to you guys, too ? I will try airplane mode and see if it stops erasing.
Hope kit kat solves this Sh*t

vijay87

Dec 16, 2013
6 days since I moved into KitKat and no issues with WiFi so far. Hope it stays the same way :cool:

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ChrisChorlton

Mar 11, 2009
Me too!

Same issue for me. Doesn't happen often - but sometimes it does the same thing with my cell network connection. Also fixed with a quick airplane mode and back.

No one know a fix or at least the reason?

Chris

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    no need to reboot,

Hi,