[Q] Google Now opens on screen unlock.

Search This thread

Kenooby

Jan 15, 2014
Hi, firstly I'd like to apologise if this is in the wrong place as forums generally confuse me.

The 'problem' is this. When I unlock my phone, from the screen lock, instead of displaying my homescreen
Google Now is instantly displayed, regardless if it was the last thing I looked at or not.

It is really bugging me, to the point I've turned off Google now, but I wonder if there is another solution,
as I really like this feature and having it as part of my home screens in kit kat.

Many thanks

Kenooby

Jan 15, 2014
If you swipe up on the lockscreen that will take you to google now when you unlock the phone.

This is not from that upward swipe, it happens from any unlock. The phone unlocks as normal
except the first screen that appears is Google now. I've notice it only happens after around 5+ minutes of standby

PhilipTD

Dec 17, 2010
LI
Google Pixel 6 Pro
...When I unlock my phone, from the screen lock, instead of displaying my homescreen
Google Now is instantly displayed...
Upon unlocking, the GEL is supposed to load the Google Now UI on the hidden left homescreen so it's ready to be accessed with a swipe. From what you describe, it appears that the swipe-to-unlock gesture is also being registered as the swipe to the right that displays Google Now. Since Google Now is part of Google Search, it might be worth a try to clear data of Google Search. Also, does the same thing happen If you use a pattern or pin to lock the screen?

Kenooby

Jan 15, 2014
Upon unlocking, the GEL is supposed to load the Google Now UI on the hidden left homescreen so it's ready to be accessed with a swipe. From what you describe, it appears that the swipe-to-unlock gesture is also being registered as the swipe to the right that displays Google Now. Since Google Now is part of Google Search, it might be worth a try to clear data of Google Search. Also, does the same thing happen If you use a pattern or pin to lock the screen?

Hi, I tried a wide of the Google Search data, which wiped all homescreens.
Even so, the problem remains.

I have also used pattern unlock which resulted in the same thing happening.

xda6969

Jan 20, 2012
Hi, I tried a wide of the Google Search data, which wiped all homescreens.
Even so, the problem remains.

I have also used pattern unlock which resulted in the same thing happening.
This happens to me also. It doesn't happen all the time. It started after upgrading to Lollipop. Any answer to this yet?

xda6969

Jan 20, 2012
Hi, firstly I'd like to apologise if this is in the wrong place as forums generally confuse me.

The 'problem' is this. When I unlock my phone, from the screen lock, instead of displaying my homescreen
Google Now is instantly displayed, regardless if it was the last thing I looked at or not.

It is really bugging me, to the point I've turned off Google now, but I wonder if there is another solution,
as I really like this feature and having it as part of my home screens in kit kat.

Many thanks

This still happens maybe once every other week. I wonder if it is related to the Google Now weather notification on the lockscreen that is somehow getting triggered when the phone is unlocked.