1-Click Gremlin Remover (UPDATED OP 20SEP12)

Search This thread

PuNeTZzZ

Mar 22, 2013
Quezon
Exit download mode by following the screen suggestions or holding the restart button until the phone restarts (depending on where you're at in the DL mode).

Sounds like you don't have the right driver installed though. Or you forgot to unplug/replug the phone after it went into download mode.

i do! i unplug and replug the phone just like the other comment suggested but that message always appear!

20903239.png

Kyndig66

Oct 16, 2011
Aurora, CO
So... you don't have the right driver installed. Try a different one through zadig. Or removing all the existing ones and rerunning the one-click and seeing if it gets the right one. Or a different USB port.

zadig is for Heimdall. Odin uses the Samsung drivers. Simplest way is to use different ports each for Odin, Heimdall and ADB.

Last edited:
Reactions: Theraze and hechoen

PuNeTZzZ

Mar 22, 2013
Quezon
now i'm just scare to try this because first, i dont know if odin recognize my phone and second, i cant exit to download mode -_-

SOLVE :D

Last edited:

christoophat

May 20, 2011
SoCal
Just wanted to thank the dev on this, saved my dumb bacon this weekend after borking a ROM update . Gremlin Remover was easy as pie once instructions were followed & the phone getting recognized on the port.Thank Goodness at least I had backed up my EFS folder.
Brilliant piece of kit!

Kyndig66

Oct 16, 2011
Aurora, CO

Attachments

• USBDeview.7z
    127.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Kyndig66

Oct 16, 2011
Aurora, CO
My Dropbox public links have been suspended due to excessive traffic. Should be back up soon.

Sent from a hole in the time/space continuum via my SM-G900T

Reactions: lumin30

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ********READ THE ENTIRE OP!!!!!!!!!!!********
    Between multiple ROM flashes and restores, you can develope a build up of left over data. These leftovers are commonly refered to as "Gremlins." You will know if you have the Gremlins because you will not be getting the battery life and/or performance everybody else is getting that is using the same ROM/Tweaks.
    I have compiled a great method of removing these Gremlins that has worked very well for myself and many others. I simplified the Odin method to avoid multiple flashes (i.e. flash ROM package, reboot, flash kernel, reboot. etc...)
    **I am NOT RESPONSIBLE for anything you do wrong and damage/brick your device**
    I tested this method several times on my own phone and it works perfectly.

Step 1: Cleaning: Reset Device and Clear RAM
    If you are not getting the battery life you expect, try this
    Battery Pull
    1 Remove battery
    2 Hold power button down for 15 seconds
    3 Let phone sit with no battery for 10 minutes
    4 Reinstall battery and let phone sit for another 10 minutes
    5 Reboot phone and test

Part 2: SDcard Wipe
    You may also consider reformatting your SDcard:
    1 Using an SDcard reader and a PC (or put phone in mass storage mode and connect to PC), backup ONLY your data, i.e. backups, pics, music, ringtones, etc
    2 Place Sdcard back in phone and reformat
    3 Place SDcard back into PC and replace your backed up data
    4 Place SDcard in phone
    5 Reboot and enjoy

Before doing Part 3, try this first and see how things work. Then, if you are still having issues move to Part 3.
    Filesystem Cleaner

Part 3: 1-Click Odin Flash to Stock and Build Up
    DO NOT change ANY options in Odin
    If that still doesn't restore your battery to optimal levels or your performance is way below those that share the same ROM/Tweaks as you, try this:
    1 Download to your computer, extract .zip, and open Gremlin Remover.exe (it is an Odin 1-Click I created with KG4 files with KJ1+voodoo Kernel and PIT, as well as the necessary drivers. If you do not have Odin already set up on your computer, use the drivers to do so now):
    http://www.filefactory.com/file/c3bcc1a/n/Gremlin_Remover.zip
    Gremlin Remover Mirror Hosted by kyndig66 (Thanks again man)

2 Plug phone in to the computer and boot into download mode
    3 Press the start button
    4 Odin will do it's magic and your phone will reboot
    5 When phone reboots you will hear Linda convert to ext4 (see notes at bottom)
    6 Allow phone to sit for about 10 minutes
    7 Reboot into recovery mode
    8 Perform a factory/data reset and flash ROM of choice per the OP of the ROM
    9 After ROM is finished, install any Tweaks you may use per the OP of the Tweaks
    10 Enjoy!

Notes:
    If your phone reboots to RED CWM Recovery after Odin, eneable voodoo lagfix, reboot, and continue with step 5
    Voodoo lagfix ext4 conversion may run twice, just let Linda do her thing

The best way to minimize these pesky Gremlins is to:
    Use Part 3 before flashing a new/different ROM (not an update of an existing ROM)
    Always follow instructions to the letter
    If you are confused, research and read
    If you are still confused, ask
    Never restore system data, especially from a different ROM
    Temp link is up... Please don't bombard it.
    I would also like to extend a special thanks to rvincent76 for posting in the kanger forum to call him out and give some credit...
    K - 2011
    J - 10 (October)
    6 - sixth build of the month

Posted from my SGS4G, thanks to Team Acid development
    Chill boys... i sent you link rbedell

Sent from my SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app
    Sorry guys. I just looked at the OP and saw how screwed up it was... Last time I edited it I was in windows and things weren't going to good that day, so Damn you Bill Gates... Damn you straight to hell...lol

Anywho, I fixed the OP and the download links. Thanks kyndig66 for the mirror!