Yahoo Messanger with video! Download from this thread now!!!

Search This thread

matthewjulian

Apr 7, 2010
Arlington
Ok guys, I know I have been pissed that iCrap:mad: got this first, well I downloaded the leaked MyTouch rom today for the sole purpose of grabing this...and it WORKS GREAT!!:D
I haven't got the video from Evo to Mac working yet(im sure i am missing something simple), but the Evo to Evo works great, better than Tango/Qik/Fring. It has video and audio at the same time(cough..Qik...cough) and works well over 3G(lowest confirmed functional 3G is -99db, of course 4G&WiFi work great) , wife and I have been playing calling each other from the next room:p

So if you wanted it and good 'ol Steve J. pissed you off here it is:cool:

Several people have asked about battery life and move to sd support,I can report moving to SD has had zero effect on performance, I personally have not seen an effect on battery,NO 100% AWAKE TIME(cough...Tango...cough) it has not showed up yet on "whats using the battery" in our settings->about phone->battery menu, I have made about 23 video calls now over the 2 days. Remember guys, this is a community and these are just my experiences, lets all share our experiences and help out.

Use a file explorer app, dropbox, or bluetooth folder to install to your handset and I would recommend updating your PC client to the latest version.

Oh, make sure you install both, just the add on for video and voice with the current version of messenger on the market WILL NOT WORK, and before anyone screams warez!! this IS free.

THE PEOPLE YOU ARE CALLING MUST ALSO HAVE A VIDEO OPTION ON THEIR END, you can not call your yahoo account on your phone to your account on the computer(if you are signed in on one you are signed off the other), reported issues with ATT yahoo accounts....

Confirmed Handsets:
Evo 4G
Vibrant
Moto Droid(1)
HD2(Android)
Epic 4G
Galaxy S i9000M
Captivate
Droid Incredible
MyTouch 3G Slide
G1

REPORTED ISSUES WITH SOME GALAXY S MODELS NOT DETECTING FFC

Confirmed video calls to:
iPhone 3Gs
iPhone 4
PC
PC virtual machines on Mac
Vibrant
Epic 4G
Evo 4G

No video calls to Mac OS X Yahoo Messenger yet, sorry!

Attachments

• Yahoo_im.apk
    1.5 MB · Views: 20,089
  • Yahoo_imvideo.apk
    5.3 MB · Views: 21,960
Last edited:

matthewjulian

Apr 7, 2010
Arlington
That is the main reason I wanted it so bad, let me say first that I am using a MacBook Pro, I have not gotten the feature to work for me, but mac video apps are funny to set up, I am working on it, the reason the released it was to do both(phone to phone AND phone to computer) so it IS possible:D
Even so, just the better functionality of phone to phone is worth the download IMHO.
Trust me when Skype pulls their heads out of their collective ass's I will use that, but for now video Skype, as we all know, is verizon only :-(

crookedtrails

Dec 10, 2008
Huntington Beach, CA
Actually, I don't think Skype even has video on Verizon either. It was just an agreement to make the Skype voice program exclusive on Verizon phones. hxxp://phones.verizonwireless.com/skypemobile/

dwertz

Aug 22, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Awesome. Thanks. I tried it from Evo to PC and it works. I think it may have issues with the Mac. I will try that later to confirm the OP on the Mac.

Ok for the fun of it I tried Evo(yahoo) to PC(MSN messnger) and No Go.

Last edited:

rkidd

Nov 6, 2007
So since this is out will fringe update there app to allow yahoo to use video chat

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

ballerx43

Jun 7, 2010
Los Angeles
Is anyone else having the issue I am?

When I run the video chat feature it goes to a screen where it says" Flip" or" end call" but then it goes directly back to my buddy list

matthewjulian

Apr 7, 2010
Arlington
Nope, that comes up when you touch the screen(instead of tapping the menu or back button), sorry, try calling some different people it has worked great so far I have made about 13 video calls:D

Jeremiah239

Mar 2, 2010
Cape Coral, FL
I can't get Video chat between my EVO and my Mac to work, but it works with my virtual pc running Win 7 I think Yahoo needs to update the Mac program.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Question... Does it still work the same if you move the Voice and Video Add-on to the SD Card, since it takes up 24MB of space??

I had plenty of space so I didn't try that, give me a few min. and I will give its shot and report back...
    Edit: I can confirm it working after move to SD card with no quality or speed loss :-D
    Sent from my White Evo 4G