[CDMA][Radio][Bootloader]4.0.4 IMM76K Radios and Bootloader

Search This thread

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
I pulled the patched radio.img from my phone after updating from 4.0.2 to 4.0.4IMM76K. This file should work coming from any radio as it includes the full radio.img, not just the radio.img.p that is in the update from google. I do seem to get a 4G signal where I previously only got a 3G signal (ie in my basement). The .zip includes radio.img, radio-cdma.img, and bootloader.img.

It must be flashed through a custom recovery, fastboot will not work for the LTE radio.

It flashed fine on my phone, but I'm not responsible for any problems you may have :p.

Thanks to SpringRush for posting the google link to the update and krazie1 for the logcats that got the filename and probably helped find said link.

MD5: 98d7e4da6f95b879ec75c6fac3348a01

Attachments

• 4.0.4_IMM76K_radios_btldr.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 15,768
Last edited:

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
Flash through clockwork? Wipe data etc?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Flash with whatever custom recovery you want. You don't need to wipe anything as far as I know. If you want to, it won't hurt anything other than use up a bit more of your time :).

Running the latest liquid rom and kernal thats included can i flash on top?
Since the latest liquid rom and kernel probably does not include a radio image or bootloader.img, then I would say you're fine. That's the reason I pulled the patched radio.img and made this thread. It's just the radios and bootloader from the newest update. Generally, custom ROMs do not include radios or bootloaders.

Last edited:
Reactions: ballbusta

eman3316@optonline.net

Jun 23, 2007
Will we be able to flash okay radios over this if it turns out worse. Also, why do we need the new bootloader? Will this effect anything going forward?

Beamer9408

Jul 17, 2011
Worked fine over aokp m5 with stock faux kernel which I didn't expect any problems seeing how they aren't included in custom roms...slightly worse than the leaked 4.0.4 radio was getting -89dBm 51asu now getting 93dBm 47asu. Haven't tested much though that's just signal strength not hand off or anything also that was on 4g.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

moosc

Feb 21, 2010
Charlotte NC
Why is there one out there with. .10 and yours is .09
I pulled the patched radio.img from my phone after updating from 4.0.2 to 4.0.4IMM76K. This file should work coming from any radio as it includes the full radio.img, not just the radio.img.p that is in the update from google. I do seem to get a 4G signal where I previously only got a 3G signal (ie in my basement). The .zip includes radio.img, radio-cdma.img, and bootloader.img.

It flashed fine on my phone, but I'm not responsible for any problems you may have :p.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

miketoasty

Sep 13, 2010
My phone finally gets the same signal strength as my RAZR thank God.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
Will we be able to flash okay radios over this if it turns out worse. Also, why do we need the new bootloader? Will this effect anything going forward?
You can flash whatever radios you want as long as they are the full radios and not a .zip containing a radio patch in it. I don't know why the bootloader would affect anything. It's a nexus phone. It's not like we needed some hole to unlock our phones. fastboot oem unlock should always unlock a nexus as far as I know. I just made this .zip based off of other leaked radio threads, and they included the bootloader in 2 out of 3, so I figured 'why not' :).

That's a hardware version of the phone and won't change by flashing something...at least from everything I've read. I think there's a pretty big thread about it in the Q&A, but it's pretty old and probably buried.
adrynalyne
posted a lot in it if I remember correctly.

And here you go, a nice 20 page thread to read if you want :D
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1433963

Last edited:

j.bruha

Jan 15, 2010
Hm, for those that have flashed this, I would compare your about screens to reflect the radios shown here. I pulled the radio images out of your zip (both .img files) and tried to flash them in fastboot. The LTE radio (radio.img) failed to write and I believe it's because in the original 4.0.4 update zip it's an img.p file, or a patch to go on top of 4.0.2 radios. So, if I had to guess, your zip is flashing only the CDMA radio and the LTE radio isn't being properly flashed for those running anything but the LTE radio that came with the 4.0.2, if that at all. Just a word of caution.

nexus-404-update.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It must be flashed through a custom recovery, fastboot will not work for the LTE radio.

Thanks to SpringRush for posting the google link to the update and krazie1 for the logcats that got the filename and probably helped find said link.

MD5: 98d7e4da6f95b879ec75c6fac3348a01
    HERE ARE ALL OF THE RADIOS SO PEOPLE STOP ASKING ABOUT BACKING UP THEIR CURRENT VERSION: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/12864-vzwcwmbaseband-radio-galaxy-nexus-summary/
    Where did your source of information come from?

Math class......-75 is greater than -83. -75 is a higher number than -83 not lower.
    Radio is Awesome!

I have previously flashed radios and have never had any improvement or noticed any thing better or worse. However, I am compelled to leave a comment regarding this radio as these new radios have made a huge difference in performance on 3g and especially on 4g. I have great 4g reception in areas where I previously had weak reception. Also my download and upload speeds have increased significantly. I have never previously had such an improvement after flashing a new radio. I can say without a doubt that these radios for me have made a significant improvement. I recommend giving them a try.

---------- Post added at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 AM ----------

From wikipedia:
    A mobile phone signal (or reception) is the strength (measured in dBm) of the connection to the mobile phone with its network.

The lower the number, the better :)

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Running Eclipse Rom..
    Before: -83 (Three bars in my home... 3G only here)
    After: -75 (Four Bars!)

Hope this helps out where I work!

Speaking specifically -75 is a higher number than -83. So it may seem that lower is better but in reality the higher the number the better.
    You can flash whatever radios you want as long as they are the full radios and not a .zip containing a radio patch in it. I don't know why the bootloader would affect anything. It's a nexus phone. It's not like we needed some hole to unlock our phones. fastboot oem unlock should always unlock a nexus as far as I know. I just made this .zip based off of other leaked radio threads, and they included the bootloader in 2 out of 3, so I figured 'why not' :).

That's a hardware version of the phone and won't change by flashing something...at least from everything I've read. I think there's a pretty big thread about it in the Q&A, but it's pretty old and probably buried.
    adrynalyne
    posted a lot in it if I remember correctly.

And here you go, a nice 20 page thread to read if you want :D
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1433963