Huawei AscendY H866C ROOTED!!!

Search This thread

sketchscarz

Huawei Ascend Y H866C ROOTED!!!

If you have been lurking the posts on google for a root for the phone, you are just like me, so i
decided to learn some things. I contacted GiantPune and we worked together applying this root:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/k9b3ks

download poot, install it let it download and install ministro,

start poot,it will then start ministro

Ministro will create some libraries,thats ok.

Poot will then start, make sure to press the poot button and then it will give you some code

At the end of the code somewhere in there it should say sucessfully found and wrote su.

press the built in rootcheck to see if you are rooted

restart the phone go to the playstore and download Superuser.

You are now fully rooted!

All the thanks goes out to GiantPune for his awesome and funny creation.

Let me know if this works and if I helped you,please press the thank you button!

Last edited:

billyv

Dec 7, 2012
It worked great, I've been watching the forums for a root for almost 3 months. I'm new to this, but I believe I could write a book over the things I've read. I do have one question what is the next thing I need to do? Once again thank y'all for making a flawless way to root. Billy

Sent from my H866C using xda app-developers app

sketchscarz

It worked great, I've been watching the forums for a root for almost 3 months. I'm new to this, but I believe I could write a book over the things I've read. I do have one question what is the next thing I need to do? Once again thank y'all for making a flawless way to root. Billy

install some cool root apps from the market including wireless tether =)

here is a list of rooted apps you can download right from your phone in the browser

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1781500

check it out and enjoy your rooted device!

i am making a ROM NOW~! so be sure to check back

ETAnever

Jan 12, 2013
This failed to root my H866c, here is the info the apk returned.

2012 giantpune
[+]opened device
[+]Set logging mode
[+]Resolved Symbols
[+]Mapped 0x1000000
[+]Hooked mask_request_validate()
[-]Error running kernel-mode code
[-]Failed to clean up our mess
[-]current && current != last + 1 0000ffff 0000ffff
[-]Haxx has run its coarse. Reboot the device to play again.

A demon materialized while pooting. Error code: 87
su binary was not written
You need to restart your device

Any ideas?

billyv

Dec 7, 2012
Help

install some cool root apps from the market including wireless tether =)

here is a list of rooted apps you can download right from your phone in the browser

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1781500

check it out and enjoy your rooted device!

i am making a ROM NOW~! so be sure to check back

Please help. My phone froze , so i had to take my battery out to restart. Well it restarted but iit would not load the system, so i shut it down and it druid three same thing. Then I tried to do a factory restore and now when ii boot it stays in the Huawei screen and that's it. I can get to my restore screen and Go nto my SD Card but i can't load any backups or packages because of the signature verification. Please let me knowthe steps to take to get my phone up and running l... thank you in advanced.

sketchscarz

This failed to root my H866c, here is the info the apk returned.

2012 giantpune
[+]opened device
[+]Set logging mode
[+]Resolved Symbols
[+]Mapped 0x1000000
[+]Hooked mask_request_validate()
[-]Error running kernel-mode code
[-]Failed to clean up our mess
[-]current && current != last + 1 0000ffff 0000ffff
[-]Haxx has run its coarse. Reboot the device to play again.

A demon materialized while pooting. Error code: 87
su binary was not written
You need to restart your device

Any ideas?

Hard reset the device install it again

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

kris29440

Oct 21, 2010
Georgetown,SC
Thanks!~

If you have been lurking the posts on google for a root for the phone, you are just like me, so i
decided to learn some things. I contacted GiantPune and we worked together applying this root:

Poot will then start, make sure to press the poot button and then it will give you some code

At the end of the code somewhere in there it should say sucessfully found and wrote su.

Let me know if this works and if I helped you,please press the thank you button!

Works great been looking for this my friend really needed this!

bigchris212

May 1, 2011
hartford il
So has anybody looked into a custom recovery for this phone. I would love to see some Rom development.

Sent from my Rooted H866C using xda premium

pryma9

Feb 22, 2013
few questions

Now i have read that many have achived root on the ascend Y H866C. What I have not seen if its there a way to go back if you mess up.

#1 Just for example.. i use dto own a galaxy precedent.. and if i messed up i could just go back and do a clean stock restore.. is that possible with the ascend Y?

#2 Once i achieve root.. is it possible to create a partition to install more apps and remove blotware apps ? and what apps or programs i need to create the partitions?

#3 many have mentioned about holding the up and down volume while holding the power button.. what does that doo? and do you do that once you are rooted or before? I have tried while the phone is off and on but nothing happens.

I really want to root my phone but if i brick i just want to know i can restore back to stock at least.

Thanks in advance to all the great devs and the smart people that make this possible.

Regards,

Pryma

pryma9

Feb 22, 2013
Bump?? can anyone please help the ascend Y H866C community!

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

It's not very difficult.

Go to the previous page (page 4). Download the Poot posted by that guy that I still need to send a donation to (I promise I will, I have to wait until the first of Feb. when I have money).

1. Save Poot to the SD card.
2. Download and install SuperUser (or SuperUser Elite if you want, but it's not necessary to pay for SU Elite).
3. Run Poot. It will need to download Ministro II. Accept the download and just let Ministro II download/install.
4. Let Ministro II install the QT packages it needs.
5. If you want, Reboot the phone (press and hold power button, select restart), but I don't think it's necessary.
6. Run Poot again, it will give you a success or failure message. If you did everything right, it will give you a success.

SuperUser or SuperUser Elite is necessary just for the root. I don't know about ClockWorkMod other than that CWM does NOT (the last time I checked) have a mod that supports Huawei H866c. Now if you do get a mod on there, you don't need SU or SU Elite (most of the time).

Now I followed the above exactly and it appears to have worked. Here is what my screen looked like once done.

I tried to rotate the pics but could not do it had to retake. if its really necessary ill rotate them for ya.

It wont let me put links for the images or for other posts. I will update the post when i have the ability to :(

Hope this helps others in know that it does work. Now all we need if someone is willing to assist in making a stock recovery so we can go back to stock and make partitions for more space for more apps. Anyone out there can assist the H866C community please?

Ditch31

Feb 26, 2013
I'm fairly new to the android scene but have become very interested quite quickly once I started to learn more. I have managed to root my phone & get rid of google+, google maps, etc. I actually even uninstalled Google Play at one time & managed to get a version I found on KAT to load off of sd card with no problems so far, but still quite small internal memory. I read in my research about possibly being able to "trick" the phone into thinking the sd card were part of internal memory, is this real? Using Root All To SD I've managed to create and mount a 512mb external SD memory but can't get anything to move to it. Still never seems like I can get internal memory above 30. Any suggestions on how I could better unlock my phone to it's full potential?

Reactions: Galaxy droid fan 7

pryma9

Feb 22, 2013
hi ditch. Im on ths asme boat with you man. I saw your post on the other forum as well. Its frustratin to think that the H866C is not thriving as a great phone which i think it is! Im really hoping that other developers come to our rescue.

Im willing to pay someone to get a ROM going so we can partition and recover back to stock. Please PM me devs!! we really need your help!

Thanks in advanced

Regards,

Pryma

Reactions: Galaxy droid fan 7

Ditch31

Feb 26, 2013
I couldn't agree more, the phone seems to be a really good phone (except the internal memory problem). It's just getting to the point now that I feel I must ask if it's something I should wait around on or if it would be in my best interest to get my money back and try to get a different phone instead.

pryma9

Feb 22, 2013
Right now it seems like things are not looking good. For now im keeping my phone which is still functioning very well. Im keeping it in the hopes that someone comes and helps us resolve this issue.

TO ALL XDA DEVS! PLEASE HELP US OUT WITH THIS PROJECT. WE CAN WORK OUR A MONETARY DONATION TO THE SITE OR WORK OUT THE DETAILS! PLEASE HEAR OUR CRY FOR HELP.

that might be overkill and some might not like it but I just feel that they gave up on us. maybe because the phone is too hard or difficult to crack. I could not say or even imagine since im not proeffcient in this sort of things. However i think something could be arranged if they are willing for work with us. would you be willing to assist in payment or donation if they work on this for us ditch?

regards,

pryma

Ditch31

Feb 26, 2013
I posted questions on a couple sites & on one I got this is return:

Apps/scripts such as A2SD and Link2SD would work for you to accomplish that, however, I believe you'd have to have a custom recovery, as A2SD is a script that must be flashed from recovery, and while Link2SD doesn't need to be flashed, both require you to also partition the SD card and use one of the partitions for app storage. You might be able to use Link2SD without recovery though, if you partition your SD card on a PC.

As a matter of fact, I just found a guide that will probably get you through with little or no fuss:

(there was a link for a Link2SD tut here but I'm a noob so no outside links yet)

from BlastGT1 at UnleashedPrePaids

I've gotten a second partition made but still am having some trouble with linking apps to it. Hope this helps us on our journey somehow.

pryma9

Feb 22, 2013
To all xda devs! Please help us out with this project. We can work our a monetary donation to the site or work out the details! Please hear our cry for help.

Ditch31

Feb 26, 2013
Using Link2SD I've managed to install about 70 apps and still have roughly about 60mb of internal storage left as long as I keep my cache cleaned up. So for now I'm doing much better than before. Custom ROMS would be great (don't get me wrong) but defeating the internal memory problem is a win for me. Thank you everyone for the help so far.

Reactions: bigchris212

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm fairly new to the android scene but have become very interested quite quickly once I started to learn more. I have managed to root my phone & get rid of google+, google maps, etc. I actually even uninstalled Google Play at one time & managed to get a version I found on KAT to load off of sd card with no problems so far, but still quite small internal memory. I read in my research about possibly being able to "trick" the phone into thinking the sd card were part of internal memory, is this real? Using Root All To SD I've managed to create and mount a 512mb external SD memory but can't get anything to move to it. Still never seems like I can get internal memory above 30. Any suggestions on how I could better unlock my phone to it's full potential?
    hi ditch. Im on ths asme boat with you man. I saw your post on the other forum as well. Its frustratin to think that the H866C is not thriving as a great phone which i think it is! Im really hoping that other developers come to our rescue.

Im willing to pay someone to get a ROM going so we can partition and recover back to stock. Please PM me devs!! we really need your help!

Thanks in advanced

Regards,

Pryma
    Using Link2SD I've managed to install about 70 apps and still have roughly about 60mb of internal storage left as long as I keep my cache cleaned up. So for now I'm doing much better than before. Custom ROMS would be great (don't get me wrong) but defeating the internal memory problem is a win for me. Thank you everyone for the help so far.