I need assistance.

Search This thread

poppers162

Nov 4, 2012
So, now that I'm able to flash roms and stuff now, I decided to go ahead and install twrp recovery. So far, that works fine and whatnot, made a backup and everything. But my issue is installing a rom. I've downloaded carbon rom and pacman rom and both have failed to boot up. I moved them to my SD card, including the gapps, wiped system, data, cache, dalvik, all of that stuff. I then tap install, find the rom, install it and it says it works. I install the gapps as well and those install fine. But when I hit reboot now, it stops at the bootloader warning screen for about 2 min and then loops back off and back to the same screen. What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app

xKroniK13x

May 15, 2014
Atlanta, GA
www.coreymccown.com
So, now that I'm able to flash roms and stuff now, I decided to go ahead and install twrp recovery. So far, that works fine and whatnot, made a backup and everything. But my issue is installing a rom. I've downloaded carbon rom and pacman rom and both have failed to boot up. I moved them to my SD card, including the gapps, wiped system, data, cache, dalvik, all of that stuff. I then tap install, find the rom, install it and it says it works. I install the gapps as well and those install fine. But when I hit reboot now, it stops at the bootloader warning screen for about 2 min and then loops back off and back to the same screen. What am I doing wrong?

You need to rollback to update 90.30.1. Just download the FXZ and use House of Moto and flash back. Then reinstall TWRP and go.

Reactions: poppers162

ATTACK

Jan 8, 2012

No ROMs support the new bootloader/kernel yet. The only way to use those ROMs, is to FXZ back to 98.30.1.

EDIT: IMHO, I personally don't think giving up the 3.4 kernel is worth downgrading.

Last edited:

xKroniK13x

May 15, 2014
Atlanta, GA
www.coreymccown.com
No ROMs support the new bootloader/kernel yet. The only way to use those ROMs, is to FXZ back to 98.30.1.

EDIT: IMHO, I personally don't think giving up the 3.4 kernel is worth downgrading.

However, when more ROMs support the 3.4 kernel, couldn't you just flash back to it and go?
I'm relatively new to this, so if it isn't that simple, let me know :good:

poppers162

Nov 4, 2012

So, there are no roms that are supported yet? Without rolling back?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is it stable or worth it?

No. Just stick with stock for a little bit. Dhacker said via twitter that after the M8 CM11 builds, msm8960 will be using the 3.4 kernel.
    However, when more ROMs support the 3.4 kernel, couldn't you just flash back to it and go?
    I'm relatively new to this, so if it isn't that simple, let me know :good:

Yes, but ROMs that support the new bootloader/kernel, are a long way off. With the issues that the 3.0.x kernel ROMs have, I just don't think it's worth downgrading.
    This is good to know.
    Thank you.

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app

You need to rollback to update 90.30.1. Just download the FXZ and use House of Moto and flash back. Then reinstall TWRP and go.