Sixaxis controller is here!

Search This thread

Sillik

Dec 11, 2010
Huawei Mediapad M3
Damn it, I was using this app everyday, and now my phone is on MM! :(
Seeing the lack of feedback from the dev both here and on his own site, it looks like it is time to buy a new controller...
Anyone knows where to find a smartphone clip for the SteelSeries Stratus XL ? It is apparently the best controller but lacks a proper holder, which was really handy with my DS3!

meldroc

Apr 2, 2011
The update to Sixaxis is here! IT NOW WORKS ON MARSHMALLOW!

Have it working on my Nexus 7 2013 running MM now!

kishan1990

Aug 17, 2014
My One plus loop VR has no buttons.. Can i use this application in any way to control the click events ???If yes, please share links for reference ..

Giantrei

Jun 16, 2016
Do any one know how to fix the (PIE) issue. I haven't seen anything that explain how to fix this if possible

oziboy

Jul 3, 2013
Zonhoven
OnePlus 9 Pro
Small issue with pairing via Bluetooth...
Actually a big one, it just won't connect to my controller.
I have one that came with my PlayStation, actually, I have two controllers and both are different variants of the same model. One says it draws 300mA and the other 500.
The model is CECHZC2E.
I followed the tutorial to connect, but it just won't.
Sometimes the 4 LEDs will flicker faster than usual though, don't know why that happens.
Anyways, both my controllers will not connect to sixaxis. They don't work on SCP for PC neither, and I know the dongle is compatible.
Bluetooth itself shows the PlayStation controller, but it will ask a password to connect, and no password works.
Any ideas? Is there even support for this controller?

Small issue with pairing via Bluetooth...
Actually a big one, it just won't connect to my controller.
I have one that came with my PlayStation, actually, I have two controllers and both are different variants of the same model. One says it draws 300mA and the other 500.
The model is CECHZC2E.
I followed the tutorial to connect, but it just won't.
Sometimes the 4 LEDs will flicker faster than usual though, don't know why that happens.
Anyways, both my controllers will not connect to sixaxis. They don't work on SCP for PC neither, and I know the dongle is compatible.
Bluetooth itself shows the PlayStation controller, but it will ask a password to connect, and no password works.
Any ideas? Is there even support for this controller?

Did you change master address of the controller using PC?
An alternative method is, you can connect an OTG (On-The-Go) cable to the phones / tablet USB port and grab the controller's charging cable and plug the cable into the OTG.. when it connects all 4 lights blink on the controller to let you know it's connected, then open the Six Axis apk, click the bottom right box I think, named "pair" click the address in the box to update the address of the device into the controller... so now, both phone / tablet & controller have this Bluetooth address..
Click start wait for it to configure Bluetooth, and when you see "listening for controller" click the controllers home button (so the 4 light's blink again) and it * should * automatically connect.

1 question, it is an official controller right?

oziboy

Jul 3, 2013
Zonhoven
OnePlus 9 Pro
Did you change master address of the controller using PC?
An alternative method is, you can connect an OTG (On-The-Go) cable to the phones / tablet USB port and grab the controller's charging cable and plug the cable into the OTG.. when it connects all 4 lights blink on the controller to let you know it's connected, then open the Six Axis apk, click the bottom right box I think, named "pair" click the address in the box to update the address of the device into the controller... so now, both phone / tablet & controller have this Bluetooth address..
Click start wait for it to configure Bluetooth, and when you see "listening for controller" click the controllers home button (so the 4 light's blink again) and it * should * automatically connect.

1 question, it is an official controller right?

Well, it's not an offbrand one.
It should be the official ones as one came with my PS3 and I got the second one later on, second hand.
They both say SIXAXIS and DualShock 3 on the front.

On my phone, I can't use OTG so that's kind of a problem as it can't power any device, and the USB host mode was removed through software in the MM update of the phone.
It wouldn't work anyway, but I can connect it to PC through USB.
I did set the mac adress when pairing through PC to the one sixaxis gave me.
It just stays there at "listening for devices", and I press the PS button but it'll keep blinking until it stops

On SCP, for PC it actually did kind of work, but it wouldn't register whatsoever.
As in, it would communicate, the first LED would go on, but that was it, I couldn't press any buttons.

KobiP

Jun 22, 2007
My Phone is a Google Pixel (5") with Android 7.1. I have the Sixaxis Compatibility Checker App installed in Version 0.7.9. On my PC (Win10) I have the Sixaxis Pair Tool in Version 0.3.0 installed.

What I do on my PC:
Start the Pair Tool
Connect the Ps4 Controller via USB
Doublecheck that the Current Master is the same as the App tells me on my Phone

What I do on my Phone
BT is off
PS4 Controller is off
Start Comp.Check App
Press the red Start Button, it says Your device appears to be supported
The Log Says Attempting connection method 1..., Driver Starting, Succesfully configured bluetooth, Listening for controllers...
Now I press shortly the PS Button on my Controller
The controller Blinks in a light blue or blueish white
the light goes off again after 2-3 sec. Sometimes the Light goes stable on for 2-3sec and the off.

Thats it. Do you have any advice on what to do now?

samsammobile

Nov 12, 2012
Hi,

I have this weird situation: I am using a fake ps3 controller (Subsonic Neo controller), I've paired it via bluetooth, it worked normally at the beginning for one day. I could play any game on my Galaxy Note 4 N910H running 5.1.1. firmware , could use the mouse emulation, navigate in the menus, I guess every functionality was OK. Then for no reason, it stopped working, it was connected, I was playing and quitted a game, then a few minutes after I tried to reconnect it didn't work anymore.
The app is showing that the controller is connected but the buttons just don't do anything.
I've been through Every single menu in the app, I uninstalled the app, reinstalled and then left it untouched for months.
Yesterday I decided to give it a new try, I tried, didn't work of course, then I updated the app to 1.1.1, it worked ! ... For like 10 minutes. Psx emulator gaming was perfect until I disconnected the controller by pressing stop in the sixaxis app, and when I tried to reconnect, it doesn't work.
Same issue, the app shows connected, the controller light is on, doesn't blink or anything, it just don't work ingame.

It is so weird, I haven't tried hard reset yet or factory reset. I am planning on flashing a Marshmallow stock rom this week and will try again.
But does anyone understand why it would work at first use, you disconnect after playing and it doesn't play anymore ?

samsammobile

Nov 12, 2012
Finally got it working.
I updated to Marshmallow stock rom, rooted then retried, it worked.
Still don't understand what the problem was at the first place. Could it be kernel related ? Because I flashed a custom kernel with Lollipop.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread should be used to provide feedback and troubleshooting for the Sixaxis Controller and Compatibility Checker apps.

If you have a device that you would like to see supported, and you're happy to step few a bit of debugging to help me determine the issue then please let me know, and preferably provide a screenshot of any error messages.

I'm doing my best to add support for new devices (especially HTC and Samsung), but it seems that it might not always be possible to add compatibility. In this case, the only option for running the app on said device is with an AOSP based rom such as CyanogenMod.

Also, throughout the thread I will occasionally be posting beta versions of the app that include new experimental features. I would be most appreciative of any feedback from those willing to test these new features.

For those looking for help with touch profiles, mythek88 has put together a master list here with a growing list of games. Hopefully at some stage I will add the ability to share profiles directly through the app.

Regards,

Earl
    Any way to get this working on OSX?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

I've been meaning to add details to the website for OSX, but in the meantime, here are the instructions:

1. Download libusb.pkg.tar.gz from http://www.ellert.se/twain-sane/, unzip, run and install.

2. Download sixpair for OS X here - http://www.dancingpixelstudios.com/sixaxiscontroller/sixpair

3. Open Terminal, navigate to the folder your file is in (i.e. if the file downloaded into your Downloads folder, you should just have to type "cd Downloads" to get there) and type 'chmod 755 sixpair'.

4. Plug your PS3 controller into your Mac via the USB cable.

5. In Terminal again, type './sixpair 1A:2B:3C:4D:5E:6F' where "1A:2B:3C:4D:5E:6F" is the "Local Bluetooth Address" that the Sixaxis controller app gives you.

6. Unplug the PS3 controller, start the Sixaxis controller app, and then press the home button on your PS3 controller.
    There is a new hope! The dev posted some good news on his website:
    http://dancingpixelstudios.com/2016/05/24/marshmallow/
    Anyway to get this working on my s6000 10.1

I have an MTK device on order now, so hopefully won't be long!
    Good news to report. MTK devices should now be supported! This will all depend on other MTK devices using the same libraries, but everything I've seen so far indicates it's fairly standard across devices. Please try the attached compatibility checker and let me know your findings. Hopefully we can get a high compatibility rate on the first try! :)

I should also mention that if you installed the libbt_hci.so and related modules posted earlier in the thread, please be sure to remove these first, as they will stop the app from moving past connection type 1.