Have you lost all data? Try this it worked for me!

Search This thread

denonlake

Mar 18, 2010
Baltimore
I lost all data on my phone today but was able to find a fix incase I am not the only one
I have been running Liquid Rom and I have not changed anything for the past few days but suddenly lost all data 3G and 4G.
Verizon support was no help however I was able to fix it by doing the folowing.
Dial ##778#
hit Call
Hit Edit Mode
Type PW of 000000
Hit OK
Hit Modem Settings
Look for REV A and hit it
Select Enable instead of eHRPD
select ok
Hit Menu
Hit Commit Changes
Restart
Got Data Back and am still able to do Voice and Data at same time.
I was told there are some problems with verizons new eHRPD network which is supposed to be what handles Voice and Data Simulcast but as I said I can still surf and talk at the same time.
Just posting incase anyone else runs into this problem.
Update... Verizon sending new phone as I am tired of not having 4g I will post more when I get it

Last edited:
Reactions: detox246

detox246

Dec 2, 2010
Pittsburgh, Pa
i just wanted to visit forums and post my findings. Yesterday i lost all data on my device and i tried everything to get it back. I am rooted and after a flashed a kernel everything just dropped. i could only make phone calls and that was it. i tried switching roms, kernels, data/factory resets(including wiping cache and davlik) and with no avail i was stuck. i tried the ##778# method and eventually got 3g back but this should only be a temporary fix because you can lose 4g alltogether and may not be able to simultaneously use voice and data(on other threads i've seen one person say he has been able to i think that may be this thread). this method is known to verizon but is not condoned by them. Anyway what i had to do was take my device back to stock, no root, with s-on, and factory reset my device in bootloader in order to get my signal back. I since have re-rooted and restored a nandroid and everything is still working, so if you run into this issue and it is not on verizons end, this may be your only option. yes it is pita, but so far it is the only option other than the ##778# method and that should not be a permanent fix. here is the back to stock method by jcase

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1009423

op says ##778# but it doesnt work on my device. i have to use ##778 so i guess phones may vary

i also wanted to state that there was no network issue in my area at the time this happened

Last edited:

nosympathy

Dec 19, 2010
Cincinnati
i just wanted to visit forums and post my findings. Yesterday i lost all data on my device and i tried everything to get it back. I am rooted and after a flashed a kernel everything just dropped. i could only make phone calls and that was it. i tried switching roms, kernels, data/factory resets(including wiping cache and davlik) and with no avail i was stuck. i tried the ##778 method and eventually got 3g back but this should only be a temporary fix because you can lose 4g alltogether and may not be able to simultaneously use voice and data(on other threads i've seen one person say he has been able to i think that may be this thread). this method is known to verizon but is not condoned by them. Anyway what i had to do was take my device back to stock, no root, with s-on, and factory reset my device in bootloader in order to get my signal back. I since have re-rooted and restored a nandroid and everything is still working, so if you run into this issue and it is not on verizons end, this may be your only option. yes it is pita, but so far it is the only option other than the ##778 method and that should not be a permanent fix. here is the back to stock method by jcase

OP you need to remove the last # on the ##778# it should be ##778

no it is ##778# then dial...not ##778. if you try ##778 with out the last pound, it fails...

Reactions: detox246

thetwiztidfreak

Dec 7, 2008
I have tried this on several roms and definetly seemed to help me. but i have noticed certin roms this no longer works (such as the latest virus rom)

denonlake

Mar 18, 2010
Baltimore
Verizon sent me a new phone. I set the rev a back to ehprd on my original phone then removed the battery and sim and placed into new phone and instantly had 4g back. So just to see I put battery and sim back on rooted original phone and to my surprise 4g was back. Will post more after I run it for a while. Perhaps the sim needed reprovisioned?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mitchell4500

Aug 21, 2010
Maryland
Verizon sent me a new phone. I set the rev a back to ehprd on my original phone then removed the battery and sim and placed into new phone and instantly had 4g back. So just to see I put battery and sim back on rooted original phone and to my surprise 4g was back. Will post more after I run it for a while. Perhaps the sim needed reprovisioned?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

This is true. The people at verizon did this to my phone once when I had the same problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I lost all data on my phone today but was able to find a fix incase I am not the only one
    I have been running Liquid Rom and I have not changed anything for the past few days but suddenly lost all data 3G and 4G.
    Verizon support was no help however I was able to fix it by doing the folowing.
    Dial ##778#
    hit Call
    Hit Edit Mode
    Type PW of 000000
    Hit OK
    Hit Modem Settings
    Look for REV A and hit it
    Select Enable instead of eHRPD
    select ok
    Hit Menu
    Hit Commit Changes
    Restart
    Got Data Back and am still able to do Voice and Data at same time.
    I was told there are some problems with verizons new eHRPD network which is supposed to be what handles Voice and Data Simulcast but as I said I can still surf and talk at the same time.
    Just posting incase anyone else runs into this problem.
    Update... Verizon sending new phone as I am tired of not having 4g I will post more when I get it
    i just wanted to visit forums and post my findings. Yesterday i lost all data on my device and i tried everything to get it back. I am rooted and after a flashed a kernel everything just dropped. i could only make phone calls and that was it. i tried switching roms, kernels, data/factory resets(including wiping cache and davlik) and with no avail i was stuck. i tried the ##778 method and eventually got 3g back but this should only be a temporary fix because you can lose 4g alltogether and may not be able to simultaneously use voice and data(on other threads i've seen one person say he has been able to i think that may be this thread). this method is known to verizon but is not condoned by them. Anyway what i had to do was take my device back to stock, no root, with s-on, and factory reset my device in bootloader in order to get my signal back. I since have re-rooted and restored a nandroid and everything is still working, so if you run into this issue and it is not on verizons end, this may be your only option. yes it is pita, but so far it is the only option other than the ##778 method and that should not be a permanent fix. here is the back to stock method by jcase

OP you need to remove the last # on the ##778# it should be ##778

no it is ##778# then dial...not ##778. if you try ##778 with out the last pound, it fails...