[Q] Rubber sort of case, non-stick material?

Search This thread

brezzo

Apr 28, 2011
Canberra, ACT
Hi,

My friend showed me his iPhone case, and it was some sort of hard-ish rubbery clear stuff that doesn't get caught when you slip it into your pocket, etc.

I can't remember the name of the material, but it felt really nice and I really hope there is a version of it for the sgs2. Anyone got any ideas?

cold_reading

Oct 7, 2011
The sticky, "traditional" rubber material is silicone, AFAIK.
The "modern", non-sticky material is called TPU, an abbreviation for Thermoplastic polyurethane.
You should find plenty of those cases on eBay or other platforms. :)

Last edited:

gatt088

Apr 1, 2009
The sticky, "traditional" rubber material is silicone, AFAIK.
The "modern", non-sticky material is called TPU, an abbreviation for Thermoplastic polyurethane.
You should find plenty of those cases on eBay or other platforms. :)

yes there are very cheap and good quality tpu cases, look for "s line" cases on ebay, are really well-made

rccola159

Jul 12, 2007
I recommend the Incipio NGP. One of the most solid cases I've ever used and not overpriced.

Fenom186

Apr 1, 2012
My second case was a white TPU case on my black phone, looked really good but after a while started turning blue from the dye in my jeans haha. So I bought another cheap TPU case from amazon, this time a clear but smokey black, looked really nice on the phone and didn't change colour.

brezzo

Apr 28, 2011
Canberra, ACT
The material I was thinking of was polycarbonate. I could only find a few that apparently use the material, and ended up buying an SGP case (on ebay here). I think its also available at www.sgpstore.com, because the box it came in had that link on it.

It's quite durable imo, nice and thin, doesn't take away from the sexiness of the sgs2. Overall it is one of the better cases I have bought.

Edit: it looks like it's just a cheap chinese rip-off of the sgp ultra-thin case. Found it cheaper here. Oh well, I'm happy to pay $5 extra if it comes in 2 days :)

Last edited: