[KITCHEN][WWE][20.03.2010]Windows Mobile 6.1 21056/20779 Kitchen for Raphael GSM

Search This thread

skyfox99

Nov 8, 2007
I'm a Yank in Texas
With a cab, you have the space taken up by the .cab in ROM (so you have less storage memory free in the first place) and then the space taken up in storage from the cab's installed files. With a package it would just take up space in ROM, but not also in storage.

Any of the commands that apply to sdconfig should also apply to config*.txt.

And no, I didn't catch your update :)

The background is \SYS\Redist_dpi_192_resh_480_resv_640\welcomehead.192.png

And the 'midgets' part is \OEM\OperatorPkg\LogoMsg.bmp

:)

I caught the welcome head after I posted... and lol went right over the logomsg even opened up the .bmp and never thought anything of it, since the font was almost white I thought it was just a blank .bmp and never thought twice!! LOL

Thanks!

anyway to change the version number, get rid of the WWE under version name?

and also. I edited the icon for volume control on the today screen top task bar. but for some reason when I cook in volume control it overides that. I do not see a icon in the package for the volume control cause I was just gonna edit that one too, so I am curious as to how to fix this... by the way another cup of joe on the way!

Da_G

Inactive Senior RD / Moderator Emeritus
Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
WWE stands for WorldWideEnglish, i think the only way to change that is to change the language of the ROM, which you probably don't want to do :)

Version number is here:
\OEM\OEMVersion\mxipupdate_OEMVERSION_100.provxml

HTC VolumeControl contains internal icon resources in HTCVolumeControl.dll - one for "normal speaker", one for "muted speaker" and one for "vibrating phone"

You'd have to use a resource editor to either remove these icons (might not work with them removed) or put your changed icons in the .dll (much more likely to work)

Thanks, I love you! In a very manly way! (haha just kiddin' :p)

skyfox99

Nov 8, 2007
I'm a Yank in Texas
WWE stands for WorldWideEnglish, i think the only way to change that is to change the language of the ROM, which you probably don't want to do :)

Version number is here:
\OEM\OEMVersion\mxipupdate_OEMVERSION_100.provxml

Ah, definitely don't want to change the language!! I saw that post in this forum about changing the name and I am sorry, I am retarded and so addicted to the cooking thing that I have so many different things floating around my head (dll, lnk, cab, proxml, WTF is a dsm, etc.) that I mistyped what I was looking for. I am looking to change the DATE, not the version number...

HTC VolumeControl contains internal icon resources in HTCVolumeControl.dll - one for "normal speaker", one for "muted speaker" and one for "vibrating phone"

You'd have to use a resource editor to either remove these icons (might not work with them removed) or put your changed icons in the .dll (much more likely to work)

what resource editor is easy and would you recommend? Never even cracked open a .dll yet, been able to get away with using others so far.

Thanks, I love you! In a very manly way! (haha just kiddin' :p)

just kiddin' about the loving me? Or the loving me in a manly way? HAHA either way, I was skeptical when you went the ROM kitchen route and was dissapointed and even thought about going about different ROMs... then I tried to cook my own and I must say I hate it... I am so addicted that all I do is think if what I can do to customize this phone to my liking... I don't know if I should thank you... or wish you dead for making it easier to customize our roms!! LOL thanks and no prob!

Last edited:

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
LOL! It is addicting, isn't it..

Don't forget, if you make any awesome packages, don't be afraid to share them.. i'm sure there are plenty of other people who would try them too :)

http://www.heaventools.net/ <-- these guys make 2 commercial programs with trials to work with PE files (.dll/.exe), they work great.. the pe explorer does alot more functions on top of just replacing resources. worth a try for sure.

Then there's the free side of things:

http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/

If you'd like more options, there are more out there :) Try googling for "Resource Editor".. there's at least one more I know of that's free too :)

To change the date I believe you'd need to hex edit nk.exe, it contains the date.. it might be in another place though, i've actually never tried.. but I know it does appear in there (the 10/20/08 date)

aruppenthal

Dec 9, 2006
Parkersburg
LOL! It is addicting, isn't it..

Don't forget, if you make any awesome packages, don't be afraid to share them.. i'm sure there are plenty of other people who would try them too :)

Da_G

If theres any specific packages that are wanted let me know. I have about 5gb of stuff. Ive been collecting since the wizard days. Ill upload anything you want to add to the kitchen.

aruppenthal

Dec 9, 2006
Parkersburg
Maybe we should set up a wiki.. for VGA-Compatible packages.. :)

Im game. We just need a posting format

such as

Author:
Version:
Description:
Additional Requirements:
Donor Device if applicable:
Date if applicable:

YES!!!!!!!!

And DA_G... when I receive a text message... the LED indicator around the button does not indicate anything. I was wondering what would affect this and if this is something in the base ROM, or something that can be changed to show it. It shows for other messages, just not txt

I am pretty sure this is a base issue. Ive tried really hard to fix it. Ive yet to find a solution

skyfox99

Nov 8, 2007
I'm a Yank in Texas
Where in the ROM would the setting for this be? I wonder if it has something to do with the fact we are using so much from the blackstone? Does the blackstone have the same LED indicator? Or is it different, could that be something to it there?

I agree with the format. I would also put any know issues in there, and tested on/confirmed on so we know what VGA device the author used it for (or would that be considered donor device?).

aruppenthal

Dec 9, 2006
Parkersburg
Where in the ROM would the setting for this be? I wonder if it has something to do with the fact we are using so much from the blackstone? Does the blackstone have the same LED indicator? Or is it different, could that be something to it there?

I agree with the format. I would also put any know issues in there, and tested on/confirmed on so we know what VGA device the author used it for (or would that be considered donor device?).
Known issues is a good idea
Compatible devices might also apply in some cases.
Probably related to AllLEDMgr.dll or HTCNavi.dll, in \OEM\OEMDrivers. Both of which are native from the Stock Fuze ROM (didn't replace them with bstone drivers)
Yeah those were two of the ones i played with. Swapped out 3 different ones with no effect. Question now is do either one of them call any others that we did alter :)

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
MicroP.dll seems to be the dll that controls the low level calls to the led.. it checks 2 events re: missed stuff.. RS_E_MAIL_NOTE and RS_MISS_CALL_NOTE.. dont see anything for sms.. hmm

fiendz

Dec 28, 2006
Think you guys are looking too hard for a difficult answer when a simple one should do it, I fixed this problem of the light not flashing by going to settings>personal>sounds n notifications>new test message...and check flash light, I also uncheck display message on screen since this causes a second delay at inopportune moments when youre in the middle of doing something.

Last edited:

skyfox99

Nov 8, 2007
I'm a Yank in Texas
YEAH, thanks to NATF, DA_G, and Arrup I have finally been able to create a working package that is semi useful (I am just learning).

This is the updated TouchResponse in OEM_Package form for all the chefs and wannab chefs such as myself

This update allows more customizable settings

More info can be found here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=450256

This is verified working for my Fuze

Attachments

• PACKAGE_TouchResponsev3.2.zip
    87.9 KB · Views: 38

skyfox99

Nov 8, 2007
I'm a Yank in Texas
OK. Last three things I need to get my PERFECT ROM together for me.

GPS LAG Gone (no setting I choose fixes it, I have given up on it for now)

Cellular Video/ mobit tv Will Not work. When I use Opera, I get the website does not exist. Using IE6, it navigate to the media net home no probs, just doesn't show any CV link. And when I navigate to cingularvideo.cingular.com it displays a weird huge length of xml coding... I have the user agent set to HTC-P4600 as I should, and have tried everything from the opera.ini fix to other tweaks. I am clueless here, don't even know where to start,

and the damn t9. All I want is the black box gone and the auto suggestion from the settings to work. I don't know if that is the t9 thing, but I am used to my Tilt and when I type with that, words pop up in a list as i am typing and I can than click on what I want... just want that futionality back

aruppenthal

Dec 9, 2006
Parkersburg
Think you guys are looking too hard for a difficult answer when a simple one should do it, I fixed this problem of the light not flashing by going to settings>personal>sounds n notifications>new test message...and check flash light, I also uncheck display message on screen since this causes a second delay at inopportune moments when youre in the middle of doing something.

Unfortunately thats not the answer for my rom :( ive been trying to fix it for over a week. Back to the oemdrivers folder for me :p

@Da_G
Ill start packing up OEMs. Ill start posting them to a wiki page as soon as I get some ime. I gotta work straight through till next weekend. 14 day stretch this time :(

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
re: cv you need the opera.ini with the at&t proxy in it (open it in notepad and check for this)

Code:
[Proxy]
Use Proxy On Local Names Check=1
HTTP Server=wireless.cingular.com
HTTPS server=wireless.cingular.com
Use HTTP=1
Use HTTPS=1
Enable HTTP 1.1 for proxy=1

Then you need the streamingplayer .exe from the thread in this forum that talks about working CV etc. on cooked roms (for some reason the newer one in my kitchen doesn't work, i think it can be enabled with a reg key though)

It sounds like you want xt9 gone completely. Why not just not cook it in? The default IME (CompIME) has that list of words that pop up as you're typing..

aruppenthal

Dec 9, 2006
Parkersburg
OK. Last three things I need to get my PERFECT ROM together for me.

GPS LAG Gone (no setting I choose fixes it, I have given up on it for now)

Cellular Video/ mobit tv Will Not work. When I use Opera, I get the website does not exist. Using IE6, it navigate to the media net home no probs, just doesn't show any CV link. And when I navigate to cingularvideo.cingular.com it displays a weird huge length of xml coding... I have the user agent set to HTC-P4600 as I should, and have tried everything from the opera.ini fix to other tweaks. I am clueless here, don't even know where to start,

and the damn t9. All I want is the black box gone and the auto suggestion from the settings to work. I don't know if that is the t9 thing, but I am used to my Tilt and when I type with that, words pop up in a list as i am typing and I can than click on what I want... just want that futionality back

Shep211 posted a fix for cellular videos. Ill throw the link in this post in the morning if you dont find it.

Disable xt9 will get rid of the bar and revert to the old style. However it sometimes breaks the compact qwerty. Theres a cab for the disable xt9 floating around.

Or what da_G said since hes faster than me :p

Last edited:

skyfox99

Nov 8, 2007
I'm a Yank in Texas
I thought suggestion was apart of t9, am trying not cooking it in right now! except I think I put ezinput in, oh well... just testing anyway. I thought I say a post somewhere that sad working cv and mobitv, couldn't find it anywhere!! damn forum search... lol. Anywho, my problem with opera is that it won't even go to the media net home page, and is the fuze not designed to play the cellular video through ie? That's what I am used to from the kaiser. Cause the CV won't work in either IE or opera, which is leading to me to think that I have done something else somewhere else

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
CV works fine with IE if you load the hidden proxy and if you set the MSHTML registry setting to 0.. but that makes it load in the old IE Mobile engine :)

You can get it to work with IE 6/8 by setting it to desktop view rather than mobile view.. problem is, it changes the user agent when you set it to desktop view.. ive gotten it to work after switching back and forth a few times..

If we can finger out where IE 6/8 stores it's Desktop user agent, then it would work jussa fine :)