[RECOVERY][SCH-I705][2012-24-10] Unofficial CWM 6.0.1.2 for VZW G Tab 2 7.0

Search This thread

BigBot96

Mar 17, 2012
Ooltewah
android.garrettek.com
This recovery is an older port. For a source build version see this thread

UNOFFICIAL CWM 6.0.1.2 non-touch
NOTICE: I am not responsible for your device!

NOTE: This CWM was ported from VZW SGS3

I have successfully ported CWM to our device. It is NOT an official release, nor is it built from source.. I'm still working on that one. BUT, for now, we have this. This has been tested on my device. I've successfully made a backup, wiped everything, and restored. Device is still alive :)

YOU MUST BE ROOTED!

How to flash:
1. Download CWM 6.0.1.2 to the root of your SD Card -- *old thread*
2. From Terminal emulator or ADB do the following:

From ADB
Code:
adb shell
su
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18
reboot recovery

From Terminal
Code:
su
reboot recovery

Congratulations! You should now have a functional CWM recovery.

Once you got custom, NEVER accept an OTA!. Verizon released an OTA for the SCH-I705 that makes changes to recovery, boot, and aboot, THIS WILL MOST LIKELY BREAK YOUR ROOT AND UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER! DO NOT ACCEPT!

TO RETURN TO STOCK RECOVERY
Follow the same procedures above, except flash this recovery instead of the CWM recovery.
*Old thread*

Thanks to:
ruben00 - for helping me out with repacking
invisiblek - for his mkbootimg cmdline values, they worked!
Whoever built the GS3 recovery I ported.. Can't remember for the life of me.

Last edited:

keymaster911

Dec 14, 2011
Binghamton NY
i just tryed it. it worked perfectly. thanks.. your the man. now when i get home on Monday from the honeymoon. i will build a kernel for it. need a little more speed.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

nexttonomy

Dec 22, 2008
MrHyde

Is there a new thread you guys are working out of? I haven't seen any activity in awhile. Your probably just busy.. I just want to stay in the loop! :)

Thanks, Nexttonomy

tdawgg777

Oct 4, 2011
Is there an apk in system/app that i can rename to stop ota? Like there was for the droid x.

keymaster911

Dec 14, 2011
Binghamton NY
Just got word.. That update was nothing important. Other then. It was only for wifi pop up screen.. And data usage software.. Just more bull **** for Verizon running the battery down..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Udderum

Sep 22, 2010
Hey guys, I'm not sure if many of you know who jt is, but he's been developing on samsung devices since the fascinate. He's done great work on both the device mentioned and the samsung galaxy tab org. If he had the galaxy tab 2 and some beer, you can bet your ass he would get some work done on it.

I'll put in 20. Anyone else down for raising some money to get this dude a device?

keymaster911

Dec 14, 2011
Binghamton NY
All do respect. These tablets around 350 bucks. And there Really not that many owners on here. So the goal would never be reached. Just hang in there. Few of us development people are working on this. Should have something with in a month.

BigBot96

Mar 17, 2012
Ooltewah
android.garrettek.com
Unfortunately I don't have a lot of cash to spare. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and a wedding after that all just within three months for me. Great offer though!
However, do you think he'd mind lending a helping hand by giving us some advice/input?

RevosFTS

Aug 23, 2011
Anybody got a link to the origional build released on the verizon galaxy tab 2? Need to downgrade to gain root I think.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This recovery is an older port. For a source build version see this thread

UNOFFICIAL CWM 6.0.1.2 non-touch
    NOTICE: I am not responsible for your device!

NOTE: This CWM was ported from VZW SGS3

I have successfully ported CWM to our device. It is NOT an official release, nor is it built from source.. I'm still working on that one. BUT, for now, we have this. This has been tested on my device. I've successfully made a backup, wiped everything, and restored. Device is still alive :)

YOU MUST BE ROOTED!

How to flash:
    1. Download CWM 6.0.1.2 to the root of your SD Card -- *old thread*
    2. From Terminal emulator or ADB do the following:

From ADB
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    reboot recovery

From Terminal
    Code:
    su
    reboot recovery

Congratulations! You should now have a functional CWM recovery.

Once you got custom, NEVER accept an OTA!. Verizon released an OTA for the SCH-I705 that makes changes to recovery, boot, and aboot, THIS WILL MOST LIKELY BREAK YOUR ROOT AND UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER! DO NOT ACCEPT!

TO RETURN TO STOCK RECOVERY
    Follow the same procedures above, except flash this recovery instead of the CWM recovery.
    *Old thread*

Thanks to:
    ruben00 - for helping me out with repacking
    invisiblek - for his mkbootimg cmdline values, they worked!
    Whoever built the GS3 recovery I ported.. Can't remember for the life of me.
    Yes, using titanium you can freeze SDM.

Green icon with a phone and up arrow. Freeze or uninstall with titanium and verizon won't know what hit em.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
    Is there an apk in system/app that i can rename to stop ota? Like there was for the droid x.

no. but.. what ever say Verizon in your app drawer disable it. that should fix the problem. or just delete them. with root uninstaller pro

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
    Yes, using titanium you can freeze SDM.

Green icon with a phone and up arrow. Freeze or uninstall with titanium and verizon won't know what hit em.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

They need a like button on here.. Lol

Will this CWM work on a wi-fi only Tab 2 7?

No, VZW Tab 2 only. Only ever flash a recovery built for your device.