Beta test Instinctiv Music Player for Android

Search This thread

instinctiv

Mar 23, 2011
***** UPDATE - Live in Android Market! *****
We've launched in the Android Market http://j.mp/i1tPBZ

Thanks to everyone for the amazing response and feedback.
Instinctiv is looking for beta testers for our upcoming Android product!

We've made our APK available at http://instnc.tv/androidapk (just visit that link on your Android phone and you should be able to install via Browser download) or attached to this post.

You can also download our Mac app (Windows is forthcoming) at http://newsite.instinctiv.com and use the synchronization feature to sync media over the air.

Any and all feedback is more than welcome (please, be critical) - please send to team AT instinctiv.com

**Note: Windows does not yet support wireless sync or accounts. Coming with new release soon.

Update - 4/5/11
Android v 0.8.9 updated to this post

Attachments

• instinctiv_android_v_0_8_9.apk
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,667
Last edited:

ThaSik1

Mar 30, 2010
Stark-Vegas
Just snagged the app and gave it a quick test..and i gotta say its a beautiful looking music app. I love how you guys integrated a music identifier like "Shazam" into it naturally and it worked flawlessly in telling me what song i was playing on my laptop..Gotta say i'm liking the clean approach you took with this music app :)

Reactions: instinctiv
N

Nifty91

Ohweeee i like this app. Very clean and simple ui.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

orb3000

Retired Senior Moderator
XDA App Taskforce
Welcome to forums

Can you place some screen shots please?
I may write an article about this app if it´s free

Thanks,

We've made our APK available at (just visit that link on your Android phone and you should be able to install via Browser download) or attached to this post.

You can also download our Mac app (Windows is forthcoming) at newsite.instinctiv.com and use the synchronization feature to sync media over the air.

Any and all feedback is more than welcome (please, be critical) - please send to team

N

Nifty91

5abac165-5bcd-ecd1.jpg

5abac165-5be5-d2fe.jpg

Hope this helps u ^^

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

Vivified

Jan 30, 2011
Fresno, CA
Very clean but slow/laggy when I do things including something as simple as moving the notification bar up and down.

syrenz

Nov 21, 2010
So far it's a great start.

Requests:

Genre searching
Smart playlist (i.e. recently played, most played)
Lockscreen widget
More widget options (sizes)
Some simple themes (i.e. the default theme seems to be white, so I'd like to see how a dark theme looks)

The special/smart shuffle which plays similar songs is really good. Great job with that.

I really like the widget, but request that the instinctiv logo on the side be replaced with album art.

I like the UI a lot, but I feel the bottom bar of the now playing screen is taking up too much space. Personally I think it would look better if the bottom buttons were enlarged a bit and the whole bottom bar was smaller, both to give more album art space and better look in general imo.

And perhaps the songs/artists/albums text could be a bit bigger when scrolling. (but I may just not be used to it, so I don't know)

I'll add more suggestions/requests as I think of them.

All in all, a great start though. There's a lot of cool and useful stuff about this player and I look forward to seeing it advance.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

dmo60

Dec 16, 2010
Installation worked fine, but when I try to launch the app, I get a force close.
I'm using CyanogenMod7 on a HTC Legend.

Last edited:
M

mrxkills

This is pretty awesome love the UI very clean

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
What syrenz says. lol that pretty much sums up what I came here to say. All in all this a fantastic start, especially for an initial beta. I will stick to PlayerPro for the EQ because my headphones suck otherwise, but I really like this

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

G

GuestK00138

Installation worked fine, but when I try to launch the app, I get a force close.
I'm using CyanogenMod7 on a HTC Legend.

I've got the same setup, but I get "Application not installed" - so I'm not even getting as far as you!

Does this need a lot of space on the phone?

F

Flashern

Nice UI, nice functions and very fast.

But I can't login on the XP app - says my account doesn't exist.

mistake37

Dec 24, 2010
Nice UI, and better with EQ plus be able to scan specific folder instead of the whole SD card.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ***** UPDATE - Live in Android Market! *****
    We've launched in the Android Market http://j.mp/i1tPBZ

Thanks to everyone for the amazing response and feedback.

We've made our APK available at http://instnc.tv/androidapk (just visit that link on your Android phone and you should be able to install via Browser download) or attached to this post.

You can also download our Mac app (Windows is forthcoming) at http://newsite.instinctiv.com and use the synchronization feature to sync media over the air.

Any and all feedback is more than welcome (please, be critical) - please send to team AT instinctiv.com

**Note: Windows does not yet support wireless sync or accounts. Coming with new release soon.

Update - 4/5/11
    Android v 0.8.9 updated to this post
    The app is fantastic, but this (and all other music apps on android imho) is missing a killer feature:

Please, let us (or make it an option to) select A folder for our music.

Every bloody app auto scans my sd card, and I end up with ringtones, and God knows what else in there. I have a folder on my SD card. It's called music. That's all I want. Nothing else!

Cheers!
    Just snagged the app and gave it a quick test..and i gotta say its a beautiful looking music app. I love how you guys integrated a music identifier like "Shazam" into it naturally and it worked flawlessly in telling me what song i was playing on my laptop..Gotta say i'm liking the clean approach you took with this music app :)
    Nice looking ui. Love it!

Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using XDA Premium App
    Just installed it and the GUI blew me away, gorgeous!

My first impressions/wishes:
    • iphone headset-controlls dont work (worked with playerpro and powerAMP)
    • I'd like to have (way) more settings.
    • possibility to display Pictures beside the artits
    • If I choose an artist, I want to choose either to play all songs, or to choose an album