[APP][4/5/6/7+] GMD GestureControl ★ root

Search This thread

StupidIdea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2011
Control device with mutitouch and multitask gestures similar to iPad or iPhone X. Works in all applications. Hide status bar, hide navigation bar and enjoy full screen in all apps and games.

"For those who tend to get tired of Android's status bar, or just want more intuitive gesture-based controls on their tablet, this app is definitely worth a shot." - Android Police

Android 4.0 (ICS) - 8.1 (Oreo) supported
REQUIRES ROOT ACCESS
No system modifications or xposed, just a regular app.

★ This is free version - no ads
★ Gestures work anywhere on screen and all time - no triggers required
★ Multitask - start any application, shortcut or custom action without leaving current application
★ Swipe left or right to switch between running applications
★ Home and Back gestures that work in all apps anywhere on screen
★ Access LaunchPad from any app - dialog with recent apps, your applications, shortcuts and custom actions
★ Hide status bar and Navigation Bar - enjoy full screen in all apps and games
★ Custom gestures - create your own gestures to start any application, shortcut or custom action, unlimited possibilities, hundreds of possible gestures.
★ Assign different actions per app or even lock screen.
★ Browser actions - back, forward, refresh new tab, close tab, incognito tab, next/previous tab, bookmarks, find in page, search, history, jump to page start/end
★ It does not use overlays and does not make your apps and keyboard unresponsive like other gesture apps.

Check XDA forum for discussion:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1535740

All available actions:
Applications - start assigned application, switch to previous/next running app, kill current application, start launcher shortcut(bookmark, contacts, call, sms, settings, etc), start Tasker task, LaunchPad
Navigation - full screen (hide/show status and navigation bar), home, back, recent apps, menu, search, voice search, open notifications
Browser actions - back, forward, refresh new tab, close tab, incognito tab, next/previous tab, bookmarks, find in page, search, history, jump to page start/end
Buttons - home, back, menu, screen off (lock screen), Power menu, Volume
Media and Music - Play, Pause, Stop, Volume, Mute sound
Settings - show settings panel, toggle rotation, wifi, bluetooth
Gestures - disable/enable gestures with gesture, exit Gesture Control

Market:
GMD Gesture Control Lite
If you like my application, please rate it in market. Thanks.

market_qrcode.png

Tags: Hide bar, gesture, gesture control, status bar, system bar, full screen, Honeybar, ICS, SwypePad, iPad, multitouch, multitask, multitasking

Last edited:

animatechnica

Dec 12, 2010
Freakmont
will test this when i get home

but thinking something like this would be helpful when playing videos full screen - right and left for fast foreward/rewind, up/down for volume up and down, diagonal for brightness

another thought is for first person shooter games

and finally a gesture to toggle it on and standby

I'm developing application that allows you to control tablet with gestures. Currently it allows to execute following gestures:

Back:
down - left

Home:
down - right

Show/Hide status bar:
up - right

Root access is needed. Tested on Honecomb. ICS not tested (hide bar definitely working only on Honycomb at the moment)

Please try it out and let me know what you think. What other features or actions would be helpful?

You can download it here:
market

qrcode.png

Reactions: Amr.Shendy

chiauyih

Aug 25, 2011
I'm developing application that allows you to control tablet with gestures. Currently it allows to execute following gestures:

Back:
down - left

Home:
down - right

Show/Hide status bar:
up - right

Root access is needed. Tested on Honecomb. ICS not tested (hide bar definitely working only on Honycomb at the moment)

Please try it out and let me know what you think. What other features or actions would be helpful?

You can download it here:
market

qrcode.png

feature like I pad 2 like u put all ur finger and pinch and it will go from app to home

D

Deleted member 4100142

Doesn't seem to do anything, other than displaying the command onscreen (eg. back and home). I'm running CM9.

StupidIdea

Jun 24, 2011
... and finally a gesture to toggle it on and standby

I think I can add gesture to turn off gestures till screen off. Thanks.

Doesn't seem to do anything, other than displaying the command onscreen (eg. back and home). I'm running CM9.

Thanks. I developed on 7.7 stock and tested on friends 10.1 stock, but I hope to get my hands on 10.1 for longer time (maybe next week) and try different firmwares.
CM9 not available for 7.7 unfortunately. But good to know that gestures are registered on ICS, so I think I can make it fully functional.

Last edited:

DEI11X

Oct 20, 2008
I think I can add gesture to turn off gestures till screen off. Thanks.

Thanks. I developed on 7.7 stock and tested on friends 10.1 stock, but I hope to get my hands on 10.1 for longer time (maybe next week) and try different firmwares.
CM9 not available for 7.7 unfortunately. But good to know that gestures are registered on ICS, so I think I can make it fully functional.
Same issue for me with AOKP, gesture text shows up but nothing happens.. I think there is great potential with this, your work is much appreciated!

xuso

Jan 7, 2011
Really nice. But like the other, it shows the gesture, but nothing happens ;) (CM9)

Would be awesome, like an iPad, 4 fingers swipe to change between recent apps :p

StupidIdea

Jun 24, 2011
Really nice. But like the other, it shows the gesture, but nothing happens ;) (CM9)

Would be awesome, like an iPad, 4 fingers swipe to change between recent apps :p

Changed gestures to multitouch, fixed bug that might prevent actions from execution (after gesture is detected and message shown).
However ICS still not supported (don't have device yet).

Last edited:

StupidIdea

Jun 24, 2011
Fixed FC.
Updated version in first post.

Last edited:

twa_priv

Feb 10, 2011
I realize this is the GT forum - but it would be cool if you could make it work on CM7/GB - especially CM7 on the Kindle Fire.

BroBot175

Oct 26, 2011
hi thanks amazing app
my market app has gone messed up since the transition to play and i cant find the full version on the online market
could you send me a link to the paid version online
cheers :)

StupidIdea

Jun 24, 2011
I realize this is the GT forum - but it would be cool if you could make it work on CM7/GB - especially CM7 on the Kindle Fire.

Next week I'm borrowing 10.1 and will test other firmwares and ICS.

hi thanks amazing app
my market app has gone messed up since the transition to play and i cant find the full version on the online market
could you send me a link to the paid version online
cheers :)

Market app at the moment is suspended. I want to fix all known problems. Currently testing last one, and if everything goes right, it will be up again.

Last edited:
Reactions: BroBot175

BroBot175

Oct 26, 2011
ill do some testing if you want :) im on wifi and can flash most roms including ics :)

BroBot175

Oct 26, 2011
cheers have bourt it :)
one thing
dono if you can do this but when you install the full version it doesnt overwrite the lite version so you have two of the sme thing :) just a little feed back but other than that a great app and will probs be using it a lot :)

corey457

Jun 25, 2010
I would like to have the option of having the icon display in the status bar. This could be a paid only option but it would be nice for people like me who just want it to run in the background.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The setting doesn't disable multitouch events. It just disables that GMD "consumes" multitouch events, i.e., as I would understand it, intercepts them if there are any multitouch gestures are configured elsewhere.

Of course I have configured multitouch gestures in GMD (in fact, only ones with 3 and 4 fingers).

I suspect that, if something goes wrong in that interception process, for instance when GMD gets killed just when a gesture is processed, the freeze happens.
    By the way, I have set "Border size" and "Gesture size adjustment" in GMDs Device Setup section to minimum value so that there is minimal time for other gestures to interfere. Also make sure that all gestures in launcher (for example Nova) are disabled.
    Control device with mutitouch and multitask gestures similar to iPad or iPhone X. Works in all applications. Hide status bar, hide navigation bar and enjoy full screen in all apps and games.

"For those who tend to get tired of Android's status bar, or just want more intuitive gesture-based controls on their tablet, this app is definitely worth a shot." - Android Police

Android 4.0 (ICS) - 8.1 (Oreo) supported
    REQUIRES ROOT ACCESS
    No system modifications or xposed, just a regular app.

★ This is free version - no ads
    ★ Gestures work anywhere on screen and all time - no triggers required
    ★ Multitask - start any application, shortcut or custom action without leaving current application
    ★ Swipe left or right to switch between running applications
    ★ Home and Back gestures that work in all apps anywhere on screen
    ★ Access LaunchPad from any app - dialog with recent apps, your applications, shortcuts and custom actions
    ★ Hide status bar and Navigation Bar - enjoy full screen in all apps and games
    ★ Custom gestures - create your own gestures to start any application, shortcut or custom action, unlimited possibilities, hundreds of possible gestures.
    ★ Assign different actions per app or even lock screen.
    ★ Browser actions - back, forward, refresh new tab, close tab, incognito tab, next/previous tab, bookmarks, find in page, search, history, jump to page start/end
    ★ It does not use overlays and does not make your apps and keyboard unresponsive like other gesture apps.

Check XDA forum for discussion:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1535740

All available actions:
    Applications - start assigned application, switch to previous/next running app, kill current application, start launcher shortcut(bookmark, contacts, call, sms, settings, etc), start Tasker task, LaunchPad
    Navigation - full screen (hide/show status and navigation bar), home, back, recent apps, menu, search, voice search, open notifications
    Browser actions - back, forward, refresh new tab, close tab, incognito tab, next/previous tab, bookmarks, find in page, search, history, jump to page start/end
    Buttons - home, back, menu, screen off (lock screen), Power menu, Volume
    Media and Music - Play, Pause, Stop, Volume, Mute sound
    Settings - show settings panel, toggle rotation, wifi, bluetooth
    Gestures - disable/enable gestures with gesture, exit Gesture Control

Market:
    GMD Gesture Control Lite
    If you like my application, please rate it in market. Thanks.

market_qrcode.png

Tags: Hide bar, gesture, gesture control, status bar, system bar, full screen, Honeybar, ICS, SwypePad, iPad, multitouch, multitask, multitasking
    Thanks, PhilipTD, for generous donation :highfive:
    As a sigh on gratitude I built you latest development version of Gesture Control with Lollipop support. This is the first time I'm sending someone lollipop update.
    Quite a few features do not work but still it is usable :eek:
    Please let me know if you did not receive it.

Progress update:
    I'm currently working on Spen Control lollipop support but a lot of internal thing are common. However UI part is separate and while I updated Spen Control to 'material', GC is still holo.
    I will be releasing SPen Control first with refreshed ui and lollipop support but I want to make bigger update for GC and add/rework many things that were discussed here or I just have in mind. Some things are already implemented but need to be merged into master some still need to be done. Main idea is to clean up GC so it is more intuitive to new users but more advanced features still will be available when digging deeper into settings.
    1) One good example would be path and recorded gestures. In new version I want to join them in one dialog. So user can pick from predefined set of path gestures (swipe left, swipe right, double tap, expand, pinch, etc.) or record it but entering custom path string still will be accessible. At the moment it is confusing for new users they would they want to enter path instead of recording (pinch for example).
    2) Another example is launchpad settings. Currently its confusing that you have to select which launchpad you want to configure. In new version settings will be accessible directly from launchpad instead and configure particular launchpad.
    3) Blacklist - each gesture will have option to select apps where it is active/inactive. General blacklist will be simplified where you can select if gestures are enabled/disabled in homescreen, apps, lockscreen and keyboard.
    4) Default gestures - I will remove default gestures tab and pre-create these in User Gestures for new users. Lite version will have limited number of available actions but users still can change gestures for these actions.
    5) Settings, touch consumption, Advanced tabs, Help will be moved to menu. App will be Gestures view.
    6) Touch Consumption - after user multitouch screen several times with 3 or more fingers but do not execute any gesture app will popup a tutorial explaining touch consumption with link to settings. Now quite a few new users are confused why their effort at Fruit Ninja does not give any result.
    7) Reviewing/regrouping/fixing actions - so far I was just throwing in new actions. Some didn't work on particular android versions, others didn't work on some devices. I haven't decided how it will be done but I want to clean it up. I want to add plugins support too (downloadable from play store) so some really niche things or some bigger complex thing could be moved there.
    8) Backup/Import/Export - long time promised, its time to add it.

While such things don't add much for experienced users it will improve overall 'quality' of the app.

Why cant I just release an old version with lollipop support? I don't have such version. I added lollipop support to half broken/work in progress version and I intend to move forward instead of backporting it. Its not just SeLinux/root issues that needed to be fixed. Some internal Api changed, recent apps work differently, etc, etc. It will be released when ready. Family > full time job > Android (4-20 hours per week).

Regards,
    GMD aka StupidIdea
    10.0.0-alpha

Uploaded 10.0.0-alpha to Alpha channel:
    https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.goodmooddroid.gesturecontrol

Changes:
    - Android Nougat support (requires SuperSu v2.78)
    - Minor fixes

Notes:
    Tested it on N6P (7.1.1) and N72013 (6.0.1). All actions, keyboard detections and per app settings should work. But I didn't test any older Android yet.
    Thanks hasenbein1966, for donation :highfive:

Update:
    Currently Launchpad and Blacklist are completely broken. UI is mix of material and holo. There are still some issues with recent apps. I will create alpha version G+ channel (without support) for lollipop version when I have more stable build.