[Q] Help Phone not starting up !!! Urgent

Search This thread

ZiadNasir

Jan 2, 2014
Hello Guys,

I own a Galaxy S2 I9100G.. 2 months ago i flashed it and installed custom Rom of cyanogen mod version 10.1.3-RC2-i9100g ...
Last night i was browsing the internet when suddenly it got stuck and i had remove the battery to restart. But the problem is that it didnt restart.
I can only go in to download mode. But cant seem to flash via odin it fails atfer nand write. And i am not able to find the files for my mobile..as many files here were on hotfile server and it seems to have been closed.

Please help me regarding this matter how should i proceed?? how do i get it to start :( ??
Last resort would be to go the service center but i would like to try to fix it before.. And warranty also expired a while back ..

I get complete ( write) operation fail after nand write..

do u think my hardware has blown up or something ?? or is it just sofware problem ?

Last edited:

ZiadNasir

Jan 2, 2014
I am using odin V 3.04 .. On odin version 1.85 it usually doeant go on after nand write and stays on it ..
Please help me here .. I really would like to fix my phone : (

alvinasnow

Oct 23, 2011
Islamabad
Can't you go to Recovery using Volume Up+Home+Power ? the symptoms you are telling are kinda dangerous. At what stage the Odin flashing fails? if its at the factoryfs, than i am afraid you are facing a super brick here.

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Look for firmware on AndroidFirmwares.net or Samsung-Updates.com, you don't need to use the exact same firmware that was originally on the phone, any firmware for your carrier will do (make sure it's I9100G though) & if you're going to go back to a custom rom as soon as you get your phone working normally again, any firmware from any carrier will do.

Search for Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread, though some of the stuff he mentions is I9100 specific (advice to flash specific files) a lot of the other stuff is generic I9100x stuff which you should try if you find you can't get a successful Odin flash.

But if it keeps failing at NAND write having tried a lot of different I9100G stock firmwares, the NAND might be cactus, which means you need a motherboard replacement. But I'd try a lot of stock roms before I conceded that if I were in your situation. Often these things can be fixed by persevering.

ZiadNasir

Jan 2, 2014
@alvinasnow Nope i cant go into recovery mode.. If i could it would have been very easy after then.. Only download mode opens up.. And i tried different things flashing bootloader, kernel, firmware, pit,csc , everything fails at nand writing .. So is there a way out of this ??

@MistahBungle I was afraid that might be the answer motherboard replacement.. I tried different firmwares and even flashing via different Methods but its always the same.. i will go to the sites you mentioned to try more firmwares..

But i think my only option would be to go to a samsung service center i guess :-/ ?? they would be able to fix it right ???

Last edited:

totalnoob34

@alvinasnow Nope i cant go into recovery mode.. If i could it would have been very easy after then.. Only download mode opens up.. And i tried different things flashing bootloader, kernel, firmware, pit,csc , everything fails at nand writing .. So is there a way out of this ??

@MistahBungle I was afraid that might be the answer motherboard replacement.. I tried different firmwares and even flashing via different Methods but its always the same.. i will go to the sites you mentioned to try more firmwares..

But i think my only option would be to go to a samsung service center i guess :-/ ?? they would be able to fix it right ???

Yep, but it's cheaper, faster and very easy to do it yourself

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Yep. Sourcing a 2nd hand motherboard online somewhere & either replacing yourself or paying a local mobile repair shop (non Samsung service centre) to replace will be much cheaper than paying a service centre to put a new board in.

ZiadNasir

Jan 2, 2014
So Basically there is no way to save my internal memory data :-/ ????
Changing the motherboard i guess would mean all gone with not a single hope of recovery.. OR i get to keep my data after the change :p ??

ZiadNasir

Jan 2, 2014
I did one back up 50-55 days ago when i went to custom rom .. so i will be losing pretty much only data in last month or so .. not much ..

But i still dont understand why the motherboard needs to be changed ?? i mean the download mode opens and everything .. odin fails to write ..
So nand failure basically means motherboard got screwed??

Are there other flashing softwares better then odin ??

I will have to actually wait till tomorrow to see what does samsung has to say in this regard as its off today ..So thought one last fight lol ..

And one more thing the battery is draining really fast and pretty much heating up in minutes when i put it on charge ..

And when i remove the charger .. the charging battery logo does not disappear i have to remove battery for it to disappear.. and the logo also stays when i remove the battery while the charger is still connected ..so have to remove the charger to make it go away .. basically cut all power for the logo to go away ..

Last edited:

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
As I said in my first post to this thread, you might as well keep trying/flashing firmwares, but you claimed to have already done a lot of that. What you're describing is symptomatic of the NAND being corrupted. It's too time consuming for service centres to replace just the NAND (removing/re-soldering components like that is fiddly), so they simply replace the whole board (and charge you a lot to do it).

OK...That extra information you supplied in your last post might give you an easier/cheaper fix. What you've just described sounds a lot like the USB board/port is on its way out. Replacing this yourself is cheap & easy to do (you just have to wait for the part to be delivered once you order it online); there's a guide in the General section which has all the info you need (search for replace USB charger board). Do that, then see if you can get a successful Odin flash. If you can, happy days. If you can't, then you replace the motherboard one way or another (or get a new phone).

This may or may not fix your problem; it may be a case of the NAND corrupted and the USB board needing replacing, but you're only going to know if you replace the board first.

Reactions: theunderling

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
^^^^^
Did you not read the OP/rest of the thread as well ? He tried to do that on a number of occasions, but something was tripping him up.

Initially it seemed fairly obvious it was likely NAND corruption, though in the OP's last post to this thread, the things he mentioned suggested a faulty USB board may have been stopping him getting a successful Odin flash.

So it was suggested he replace that given how cheap it is to do, and to try flashing stock again. That was a week ago, and depending on where in the world the OP is, he may well be still waiting for the part to arrive.

bhavstech

Aug 24, 2013
Mumbai
Actually i got confused bcoz he again told he can boot in download mode then his mother board cant b faulty its the usb port maybe

Sent from my C6502 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As I said in my first post to this thread, you might as well keep trying/flashing firmwares, but you claimed to have already done a lot of that. What you're describing is symptomatic of the NAND being corrupted. It's too time consuming for service centres to replace just the NAND (removing/re-soldering components like that is fiddly), so they simply replace the whole board (and charge you a lot to do it).

OK...That extra information you supplied in your last post might give you an easier/cheaper fix. What you've just described sounds a lot like the USB board/port is on its way out. Replacing this yourself is cheap & easy to do (you just have to wait for the part to be delivered once you order it online); there's a guide in the General section which has all the info you need (search for replace USB charger board). Do that, then see if you can get a successful Odin flash. If you can, happy days. If you can't, then you replace the motherboard one way or another (or get a new phone).

This may or may not fix your problem; it may be a case of the NAND corrupted and the USB board needing replacing, but you're only going to know if you replace the board first.