this phone is tough

Search This thread

scooterman

Mar 1, 2007
So I lost my phone out of my pocket while riding my bike. Sprinting approx 40km up a hill. It jumped out, hit the road. And slid into the bushes. Front of the phone looks new back has some pretty bad scratches. But everything is pretty much fine. No dents no marks on screen. Was in a dot view case. A few scratches on the case and they instantly separated when impacting the ground, which kind of sucked.

Reactions: schwartz.matthew.e

jsminnis

Nov 28, 2008
That's funny because this feels like the most fragile android I've owned in 5 years. Mainly because my first one lived in my pocket but the camera still managed to get scratched to the point to where it was hard to find a spot on it that wasn't scratched. Now I don't feel comfortable carrying my phone at work. I carried my s4 everywhere with me for a year and not one scratch on the camera lens. This is my first phone with a screen protector on the camera lens.

Leondreux

Aug 30, 2011
That is why I have an otter box and a really expensive, tough screen protector. If you're planning on biking with your phone loose in your pocket, you may want to invest in those also!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nabbed

Aug 15, 2010
Should be a criminal offense to use a case for this phone.
Try and get a pair of arms not growing out of one's behind so the droppage is minimized.

Div033

Aug 17, 2010
Try and get a pair of arms not growing out of one's behind so the droppage is minimized.

Cases actually assist this phone in other ways than just protection. For one, they make the touchscreen less susceptible to undesired palm touches when using it one handed, and can hide the loose volume rocker issue many people have.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

haevolution

Oct 23, 2010
I would suggest getting a case like this for biking.

Hyperion M8 Case

The phone is no longer slippery and won't fly out of your pocket.

I use it for mountain biking and it stays put no matter where I put the phone (shorts pocket, back of jersey, etc.)

Napoleones

May 3, 2014
That is why I have an otter box and a really expensive, tough screen protector. If you're planning on biking with your phone loose in your pocket, you may want to invest in those also!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It's just fine to spend money for your phone's protection. This is one of the nicest phones.

termleech

Nov 12, 2010
McPherson, KS
www.codemonkeyjava.com
That's funny because this feels like the most fragile android I've owned in 5 years. Mainly because my first one lived in my pocket but the camera still managed to get scratched to the point to where it was hard to find a spot on it that wasn't scratched. Now I don't feel comfortable carrying my phone at work. I carried my s4 everywhere with me for a year and not one scratch on the camera lens. This is my first phone with a screen protector on the camera lens.

I agree on the camera screen. Mine has a couple scratches as well. Never had any other phone do that. However the rest of the phone is scratch free which is even more strange. What protector are you using on the camera screen? I think I'm going to get HTC to fix it then apply a protector to it.

eikast

Feb 22, 2012
It feel out of my sweater's pocket right onto the blacktop as I was getting out of my car. Minor scratches on top left and bottom right on the back side. Oh well. I'll have to be more careful.

jessbowring

Jul 20, 2012
Saco
I agree on the camera screen. Mine has a couple scratches as well. Never had any other phone do that. However the rest of the phone is scratch free which is even more strange. What protector are you using on the camera screen? I think I'm going to get HTC to fix it then apply a protector to it.

I thought I had a ton of scratches on my lens,I would wipe it off with a soft cloth and they wouldn't wipe off. Well today while sitting bored I just took my sleeve and rubbed with some pressure for a good 5 minutes. All those marks that looked like scratches all came of . Might try some alcohol on a qtip when I get home.

Last edited:
Reactions: jshap70

droidmarc

Jan 19, 2012
going back to the original op issue. I use the dot case when not biking and I use a otter box defender case mounted to the handle bars when riding. So far the otter box works very nice and does not come off on the bike ride. It takes around a minute to put the phone in the case every ride, but nothing to long.

one added bonus about the mounted otter box and m8. When listing to a talk podcast I sometimes do not use headphones, the speakers are plenty loud.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I lost my phone out of my pocket while riding my bike. Sprinting approx 40km up a hill. It jumped out, hit the road. And slid into the bushes. Front of the phone looks new back has some pretty bad scratches. But everything is pretty much fine. No dents no marks on screen. Was in a dot view case. A few scratches on the case and they instantly separated when impacting the ground, which kind of sucked.

Right, because you've never dropped anything in your life. :confused:

I thought I had a ton of scratches on my lens,I would wipe it off with a soft cloth and they wouldn't wipe off. Well today while sitting bored I just took my sleeve and rubbed with some pressure for a good 5 minutes. All those marks that looked like scratches all came of . Might try some alcohol on a qtip when I get home.