[Q] Root for VS980 on KitKat 4.4.2?

Search This thread

squidder

Apr 3, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Are you kidding me? Installing drivers on a PC and hooking up your phone to it and downloading software to root your phone is easier than installing an apk and pushing one button? Please. Towelroot is way easier and way faster. If it's not easier then why are some people having issues with original method?

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Free mobile app

S

simple_fear85

Towelroot was meant for s5. The computer method is so easy I don't understand how people can't do it. Apparently the ones that can't figure out ioroot doesn't know how to follow directions.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

squidder

Apr 3, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Never said it's not easy. Just nowhere near as easy as towel root. There is no arguing this. It doesn't matter what phone he originally did it for.

Towelroot was meant for s5. The computer method is so easy I don't understand how people can't do it. Apparently the ones that can't figure out ioroot doesn't know how to follow directions.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Free mobile app

sam_farber

Jan 22, 2015
root issue

Hi guys....I have a few issues....my Verizon LG G2 is rooted. I have twrp 2.7.0 as my custom recovery. It won't let me flash the newest update! As well as it randomly reboots on me...it's annoying. Also I tried to flash cm12 and gapps and is said it was successful. Well it sent me through a bootloop and thankfully I was able to manually enter recovery mode and restore to my previous back up. But what am I doing wrong?! I need help! I'm new at this. Thanks!

y300owner

Apr 18, 2013
Boston
Guy my LG G2 VS980 4.4.2 just won't root. Download mod aint working nor is stock recovery. I don't know what to do now. {makin a tread; seriousy issue}

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ioroot25 should still work...

As far as that goes, how is installing the LG G2 unified drivers supposed to go? I found the download link for them in the main 200 page thread for this. Extracted the zip, but none of the .exe files do anything when run. Is that normal or is something wrong? For example I tried running InstallUSB64.exe but absolutely nothing happens.

Another more recent post on like page 185 of the thread had another download link, but that just leads to a file called "LG" with no extension and it doesn't appear to be a .zip

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

As far as that goes, how is installing the LG G2 unified drivers supposed to go? I found the download link for them in the main 200 page thread for this. Extracted the zip, but none of the .exe files do anything when run. Is that normal or is something wrong? For example I tried running InstallUSB64.exe but absolutely nothing happens.

Another more recent post on like page 185 of the thread had another download link, but that just leads to a file called "LG" with no extension and it doesn't appear to be a .zip

Nevermind, got it. The link to the driver is at the very bottom of this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53128251&postcount=1847

You have to add the extension .exe

Root successful with the instructions listed there. Used ioroot25. Running android 4.4.2
    I'm considering a G2 also and have been wondering the same. From what I gathered you would have to go back to 4.2.2 first, gain root, and then flash back to 4.4.2. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

You don't have to. Ioroot25 will root the official kk. That's what I used and it worked without an issue. Just make sure all the proper drivers are installed on your computer...

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Is there a method to root the Verizon LG G2 (VS980) on the stock OTA Kit Kat 4.4.2 build yet?

I bought the phone used, already had the OTA on it...now I just need root.

Not interested in Rom'ing, just need tethering without the $30/month charge for the few times I use it and need root to do it.

Thanks!

ioroot25 should still work...
    I'm having a hell of a time trying to get this thing to root. I followed all of the instructions for installing the LG device drivers and when I go to run the IOroot25 it flashes really quickly and then goes away. USB debugging is enabled and I have tried it in ethernet mode and charging mode. Both produce the same result. Do I need to remove any other drives I might have on my computer in order to get it to work? Any other ideas?

You need to be in Ethernet mode.
    Once it boots into recovery, did you scroll down and select "install from adb"?