(Q) Nexus 5 Battery, should I replace it?

Search This thread

TheLastSidekick

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
I average about 4-4:30 hours of on screen time with moderate to heavy usage on any kernel and ROM regardless if I Undervolt and underclock or not. I use Greenify for apps like Facebook religiously.

Now my question.. Is this normal for screen on time and if not would it be worth buying a new Nexus 5 battery and replacing it since the battery is around 8 months old or so?

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
4.30 hours of SOT seems pretty awesome to me for moderate usage :eek:
Undervolting has no effect on battery life afaik. It's just to keep the device a few degrees cooler.

If you aren't around a wall charger, It would be good to invest in a powerbank and use fast charge to keep it juiced up all the time.

- Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!

Reactions: TheLastSidekick

TheLastSidekick

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
Thanks guys, now I feel like I've been complaining about nothing. I used to achieve 5 hrs and couldn't get there anymore. Seen some users reach 6 hrs regularly.

Seeing a stupid comment on Google Play about an app you love and marking it as "spam". You've done it too.

Reactions: vin4yak
D

Darth

Thanks guys, now I feel like I've been complaining about nothing. I used to achieve 5 hrs and couldn't get there anymore. Seen some users reach 6 hrs regularly.

Seeing a stupid comment on Google Play about an app you love and marking it as "spam". You've done it too.
Turn all the frills off (especially location services) and you should get over 5 hours...even 6+. Depending on usage. And keep screen as dim as you can take)

Mostly just Tapatalk and some browsing, I get over 6 usually. In about 24 total....but that could be in 12 or 16 total hours....just depends how quick I get to 6 SoT. ;)

If your gaming much ...be pretty hard to get over 4 1/2 I'd say.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wouldn't bother. seems pretty normal to me

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    4.30 hours of SOT seems pretty awesome to me for moderate usage :eek:
    Undervolting has no effect on battery life afaik. It's just to keep the device a few degrees cooler.

If you aren't around a wall charger, It would be good to invest in a powerbank and use fast charge to keep it juiced up all the time.

- Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!
    You're getting better screen time than I've ever achieved. Leave it.

Sent from my Nexus 5
    Thats really good and no way is that moderate. A standard day is 16 hours so you're using the phone for a quarter of a day. Thats heavy usage.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk