[Q] HTC One Bricked

Search This thread

1800Support

Jul 9, 2014
I recently bricked my HTC One. It was stuck in a boot loop, so I flashed CWM onto it and then sideloaded the insert coin rom. After going through the installation my phone turned off. When I went to turn it on again the whole device was unresponsive, no lights, I cant get into the bootloader or recovery mode. Is there any way to fix this on my own?

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
I recently bricked my HTC One. It was stuck in a boot loop, so I flashed CWM onto it and then sideloaded the insert coin rom. After going through the installation my phone turned off. When I went to turn it on again the whole device was unresponsive, no lights, I cant get into the bootloader or recovery mode. Is there any way to fix this on my own?

plug your phone to your computer via usb, open windows device manager. Is the phone listed somehow?

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Nope, not listed in any of the drop down menus.

well keep phone plugged to the wall charger a while then try to hold power until the phone boot or power + vol down. Do this under a bright light to activate the light sensor

if you can't make it boot there is not much we can do :(

1800Support

Jul 9, 2014
well keep phone plugged to the wall charger a while then try to hold power until the phone boot or power + vol down. Do this under a bright light to activate the light sensor

if you can't make it boot there is not much we can do :(

Well it looks as if I'm pretty SOL for now. I will keep the phone charging for the next few days and will try to boot under a bright light. If none of that works I'll just have to get a new phone