'Ok Google' - Touchless Voice Control Now Available on Atrix 2

Search This thread

Jack Sparrow xda

Jun 22, 2014
Motorola Atrix 2
Moto X 2014
Freinds, we have seen Moto X responds on voice commands without touching the phone. Many of fellow Atrix 2 users may also want to have that feature. I don't know if any of the ROM has that feature but there is a launcher which makes this possible to have the touch less control on the Atrix 2. That is : NOVA LAUNCHER

Thankfully this feature is available in the free version. Nova recently added this feature in the launcher as Beta. Not all devices support this feature but it works on Atrix 2 with ease. I have tried it and it really works. I have also tried this feature on my cousin's MotoE but it din't work.

To turn on the voice command, first install and set the Nova Launcher as default launcher with 'always' option. Reboot after installation will be better. Now you need to turn on the 'Ok Google' hot-word detection in the Nova settings.

Go into Nova setting > tap on the “OK, Google” option > Turn the check box on and you are done.

Now you can control your Atrix2 without touching it like Moto X.
:D

And do note that its a Google feature which won't work without internet connection.

Those who haven't used Nova launcher yet should know that this is one very lightweight, simple and fluid launcher yet provides lot of customization. It also comes as default launcher in Slim ROMs. Nova looks simple at first look but there are limitless possibilities of many other customization in the Nova once you understand what option does what. You can change icons, colours, animations and much more without straining the phone too much.

So let's enjoy the smartest feature of MotoX in the Great His Highness Atrix 2. There is no limit with this epic phone. Mu-ha-haa-haaa :laugh:

Last edited:

Jack Sparrow xda

Jun 22, 2014
Motorola Atrix 2
Moto X 2014
Most recent update of Google Now Launcher also enables the 'OK Google' hot word detection on all supported devices so those who don't want to use third party launchers can also enjoy the voice feature now. :D

Just update your Google Now Launcher with latest version and your phone is ready to take voice commands everytime after OK Google hot word detection. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Freinds, we have seen Moto X responds on voice commands without touching the phone. Many of fellow Atrix 2 users may also want to have that feature. I don't know if any of the ROM has that feature but there is a launcher which makes this possible to have the touch less control on the Atrix 2. That is : NOVA LAUNCHER

Thankfully this feature is available in the free version. Nova recently added this feature in the launcher as Beta. Not all devices support this feature but it works on Atrix 2 with ease. I have tried it and it really works. I have also tried this feature on my cousin's MotoE but it din't work.

To turn on the voice command, first install and set the Nova Launcher as default launcher with 'always' option. Reboot after installation will be better. Now you need to turn on the 'Ok Google' hot-word detection in the Nova settings.

Go into Nova setting > tap on the “OK, Google” option > Turn the check box on and you are done.

Now you can control your Atrix2 without touching it like Moto X.
    :D

And do note that its a Google feature which won't work without internet connection.

Those who haven't used Nova launcher yet should know that this is one very lightweight, simple and fluid launcher yet provides lot of customization. It also comes as default launcher in Slim ROMs. Nova looks simple at first look but there are limitless possibilities of many other customization in the Nova once you understand what option does what. You can change icons, colours, animations and much more without straining the phone too much.

So let's enjoy the smartest feature of MotoX in the Great His Highness Atrix 2. There is no limit with this epic phone. Mu-ha-haa-haaa :laugh:
    Loool awesome ._., and not only works on slimkat :D
    Yeah, you just need to install the Nova launcher on any ROM you are using and need to set it default, thats it. :)