Can I install a nandroid backup from another phone.

Search This thread

Nate Rules

Dec 25, 2010
Hi guys, I just got a phone replacement and I was wondering if I could take a TWRP backup form my old phone and install it onto my new phone? And if that isn't ok, is a Titanium backup ok?

A

aclegg2011

Probably wouldnt reccomend a twrp recovery. Titanium backup is fine.

zcgofaster

Dec 10, 2013
Lancaster
Is it possible to open a nand on a computer and pull data from it? Like if i were to lose my phone, could i take a nand that's been backed up on my computer and pull the pictures off of it?

m3lover1

Jun 12, 2010
California
Is it possible to open a nand on a computer and pull data from it? Like if i were to lose my phone, could i take a nand that's been backed up on my computer and pull the pictures off of it?
Nandroid doesn't back up anything on the sdcard, internal or external. It only backs up your rom and apps and system settings. So any files you downloaded, pictures/videos you took, will be gone if you lose your phone and didn't back it up yourself either to another computer or to the cloud.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nate Rules

Nate Rules

Dec 25, 2010
Thanks for the help guys. I just did the Titanium backup and it all went well as far as i can tell. Still makes for an easy transition.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Twrp backup, I wouldn't. Titanium backup I've done plenty of times. It has the potential to go wrong as well so keep a backup of where you're at beforehand
    I've done it several times on my nexus 5,never done it on the G3. No issues on Twrp, just make sure you don't restore the EFS...
    No to twrp.

AWESOME G3
    Nandroid doesn't back up anything on the sdcard, internal or external. It only backs up your rom and apps and system settings. So any files you downloaded, pictures/videos you took, will be gone if you lose your phone and didn't back it up yourself either to another computer or to the cloud.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk