Cube Talk 9x/U65GT Equipped with MTK8392, the 8-core Chipset Devoted to Tablet PCs

Search This thread

joevik

Nov 14, 2009
Hi, can anyone help me find the latest firmware for this tablet and how to flash it? thanks!

mark-1978

Jun 17, 2015
Anyone had succes using Trickster mod to crank it up to 2.0 ghz?

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Hi, can anyone help me find the latest firmware for this tablet and how to flash it? thanks!

you could try using the spanish site for upgrading the cube to atlantis software. It has all the bugs worked by.

mark-1978

Jun 17, 2015
According to specs of the cpu, the talk 9x should be able to run at 2.0 ghz. But is there a way to overclock the cpu. I know the older cube u30gt2 has new kernels for that. On a russian forum i saw people trying to overclock the cpu and the image started flashing, so they may imply the cpu isn't ready for running at higher speeds. Still want to try it for myself though. Anybody busy with new kernels for the talk 9x?

thx

Last edited:

soulg

Oct 18, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
[Solved] (U65GT) Power button not working

The power button in device not respond when pushing it, no metter if the device is on or off.
I assume that this issue came up after charging the device (with stock cable and charger) and the charger and tablet also worm up alot without charging. Battery level went down around to 15-20%. The charge issue was solved by change the outlet, plug it better in outlet and at devices usb. The charching was back to normal and the charching level went to 100% in normal time. I can't think something else as I didn't drop or hit the device.
I can't wake up or restart the device and I am afraid that if the device shut down I will not be able to power it on again.
The power button looks in nice shape/condition and nothing shows a broken button.
The device except the power button issue works fine without any other problems and charging normaly.

Any ideas to solve power button failure will be welcome?
Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I just found that the problem is caused probably by the hi temp from the last charge. When I push the front surface just above button the button works fine. So it's a hardware problem! :(

Last edited:

myrth_xda

Oct 5, 2015
Browser possible fix

Hey guys!
Can you u65gt owners please check if this trick will help to fix crashing chromium-based browsers?
Open "about:flags" page in the browser, and find "Enable GPU rasterization" switch. Set it to "Disabled" and try to use the browser :)

mark-1978

Jun 17, 2015
What's with the touchscreen? I just want to type a message and half of the letters don't appear on the screen? Is it some kind of bug of the u65gt series? Tried all kinds of firmwares.

Mark-1978

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

There is this chinese new firmware, but hey it's some kind of state firmware. You got to log onto some kind of chinese company to just be able to use the cube. Further there isn't any new firmware.

cyberid

Jun 30, 2016
Cube 9x

People please help with my cube 9x, i had fully used tablet to 0% of battery, and now i can not turn on and when charging is no signs of life, i tried to hold for about 2 hours on button when charging but no response (with plastick tape offcourse), charger and cable is good quality. Please i need some help

mark-1978

Jun 17, 2015
People please help with my cube 9x, i had fully used tablet to 0% of battery, and now i can not turn on and when charging is no signs of life, i tried to hold for about 2 hours on button when charging but no response (with plastick tape offcourse), charger and cable is good quality. Please i need some help

Probably you're running an older rom, which doesn't support offline charging. Try flashing a newer rom with spflashtool.

Last edited:

cyberid

Jun 30, 2016
Yes i will find out, can i flash it if my tablet is dead and my pc dont see it that is connected? Pc dont see my tablet or connected usb device

jmatkowsky2

Dec 4, 2015
Cube talk 79 - Similar to Cube 9x, but 8" version

Yes i will find out, can i flash it if my tablet is dead and my pc dont see it that is connected? Pc dont see my tablet or connected usb device

I am in the same boat here. The battery drained to 0% and now it wont charge at all or even boot when plugged into external power. Holding down the power button for an extended period of time does work either. Neither does trying to go into recovery or anything. The tablet is just dead. period. Has anyone had this issued before and fixed it. If so, could you please help us out. Thx in advance!

pix106

Oct 16, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus
I am in the same boat here. The battery drained to 0% and now it wont charge at all or even boot when plugged into external power. Holding down the power button for an extended period of time does work either. Neither does trying to go into recovery or anything. The tablet is just dead. period. Has anyone had this issued before and fixed it. If so, could you please help us out. Thx in advance!

A few months later... :)

I have had the same issue.
Try charging with an external battery, and after a while you will be able to finish charging with an AC charger.
I used a Xiaomi 10400 mAh .

AGBOHOU

Oct 28, 2010
Hello everybody. could someone give the link of the ported CM13 (on 4pda) for our device?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The reason for posting the link on Pipo P1 & P8 is to get you to wait at least another few weeks until some of these new devices hit the market. From my opinion, you cannot go wrong with any of the new devices.
    Cube Talk 9X - fast tablet, purely CPU driven based on the data from the Antutu X bench mark results, GPU is just average based on the MALI 450MP looking at the ice storm extreme score of 4600, very slim & solid design and bright retina screen. Battery life - My Son played Terraria for about 2 hours and battery drained from full charge to about 60%. Still testing this.
    Some software like Chrome crashes but in general most work.
    Pipo P1 - Also 9.7" retina screen based on the RK3288. Still waiting for this tablet to arrive. Pre ordered it 3 weeks ago. Quad core Cortexs A17 on paper ( maybe A12 ). All information point to a very powerful SoC capable of running multi windows up to 4K support because of the MALI T764. First SoC with the Arm Mali T7XX series. Battery life a suspect. Bezel not as thin as the Cube.
    Pipo P8 - This is a very slim 7.9" ipad mini clone tablet with retina screen. Very bright and sharp screen from the initial information out from China. This is also a tablet to watch for.
    I have also the Pipo T9 which I am also happy with. All these tablets have a decent ROM coming out of the box unlike the customized ones from Onda v975m.
    This is a very interesting time for all as we will soon have many choices. If you can hold off for a couple of weeks and wait for the introduction of some of these new tablets, you have more choices to choose from and very decent choices at that too. The price range From what I have seen is around USD200 - 350.
    It's here! :D

Attached are some pics I took of the tablet at work today.
    Physically, it is a very nice looking device and feels very good in the hand; pretty comparable to the iPad Air. It's sturdy with no creaking. You can see some very small imperfections in the metal finishing around the buttons and speaker, but they are not really noticeable unless you look closely.
    The screen is gorgeous; bright and sharp with good viewing angle performance.
    The WiFi works well and the OS is very snappy.
    GSM only worked in 2G with my T-Mobile microSIM. This was expected because of it's limited US radio compatibility.
    The speakers are a bit tinny and don't have the low end or loudness that the iPad Air has.
    The camera isn't great. You can see a lot of muddy compression and distortion, but that may be the app it uses. I'll do more testing on that later.
    AnTuTu is 42162! (screenshots attached)
    After using it for an hour or so, I am very pleased for the price I paid ($250 total shipped from China via DHL).

I will add more details to this post as I use the device more.

**UPDATES**
    Tried Google Camera and the images seem clearer. Definitely a usable camera, but won't replace your P&S.
    GPS is very slow and sometimes does not pick up.
    Screen transitions are not the smoothest. The tablet runs fast, but seems to hiccup here and there when loading apps and images. I think this is pretty normal for China devices. I'm going to research some tweaks and I'll update if I find anything that helps. Please keep me informed of any suggestions as well.
    Battery meter is not very accurate but the device seems to have a very long battery life.
    Shuame/Root Genius does not work. Device is unrooted.
    Google Chrome keeps crashing. Tried 2 different versions. Native Browser and Firefox work fine.

Cheers!
    Really? I'll check and edit.

Excellent. Oh, and they are available on AliExpress right now. I should have mine in less than 2 weeks.
    Thinking of buying the Teclast X98 3G

Anyone with a suggestion?
    Go to a teclast thread...
    you can take screenshots by pressing VOLUME and POWER same time...
    Everyone now get this Antutu score now cause the benchmark is patched. 26k-29k are realistic score for this chipset like mtk6592...

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk