Kernal inquiry

Search This thread

nofroyo

Sep 20, 2011
Sacramento
I have two questions about N3 KK Kernal.

1) Which kernal for KK is the best to use

2) Which kernal provides regular charging when it powered down, IE not showing kernal not seadriod or hangs when the battery animation starts

One other inquiry, if installing KK on clean IE full wipe and install kernal and keeps on rebooting at samsung logo, any suggestions

FFTony

Feb 9, 2014
St Louis
I have two questions about N3 KK Kernal.

1) Which kernal for KK is the best to use

2) Which kernal provides regular charging when it powered down, IE not showing kernal not seadriod or hangs when the battery animation starts

One other inquiry, if installing KK on clean IE full wipe and install kernal and keeps on rebooting at samsung logo, any suggestions

1. That depends on what you want. I know a lot of people like lean kernel. I am using CivZ and have no issues, but I have yet to really start messing with it.

2. Someone with better knowledge will have to answer.

3. Your phone probably does not like that kernel, that or you got a bad download. Thus the bootloop.

SM-N900T: Powered by X-Note V13/CivZ-SnapKat 2.1

nofroyo

Sep 20, 2011
Sacramento
1. That depends on what you want. I know a lot of people like lean kernel. I am using CivZ and have no issues, but I have yet to really start messing with it.

2. Someone with better knowledge will have to answer.

3. Your phone probably does not like that kernel, that or you got a bad download. Thus the bootloop.

SM-N900T: Powered by X-Note V13/CivZ-SnapKat 2.1

Yea hopefully someone can provide some insight

djtheraven

Jun 1, 2008
anyone experience this on 4.3 bootloader and on kitkat rom?

They are not compatible... Most 4.4.2 kernels have to be on that bootloader. .. It's not recommended to use 4.4.2 kernel or rom on a 4.3 bootloader anyway. ..

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app