[Download]AT&T Kitkat OTA file

Search This thread

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
No it wont root the device. Your current rom and kernel will remain as they are and it will update only the base firmware/bootloaders to 4.3. And yes, it must be flashed from custom recovery, TWRP recommended. If you don't want root or custom recovery, this or using the Software Update option are your only choices.

I've tried making an Odin flashable package, but it hasn't worked. If I have time I might try again this weekend. Can't promise it though.

harishbabu77

Jul 22, 2014
I successfully updated to 4.4.2 using the OTA file by OP

Note: this will wipe the phone so take backup

here are the steps I followed
* I had a stock 4.3
* took back up of existing data
* Download the OTA file and unzip it
* find a file 2400258.cfg - rename this file to 2400258.zip
* copied the zip file to SD card
* used stock recovery - update from SD card option

got updated to 4.4.2 and restored the data from the backup

donuthole

Jan 27, 2007
Anyone have a mirror of the OP's fota.zip? Mega has just been showing "Temporary error" trying to download it for the last 2 days now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the ota file I just pulled from my s3. It's a cfg file though, and the recommended way to install is via adb sideload.

Stock users please test it. People who are rooted, use xposed, TiBu to freeze bloat, tell me how to update without a factory reset. I have already tried unrooting and using stock recovery, I am now unfreezing all bloat and uninstall xposed to see if it works.

https://mega.co.nz/#!W0JHQKAK!pA52fCAkUxTMia9A21KL1TrR8bmJT10jhNlBvn5j-Mk

Devs, is there a way to modify the update script so it doesn't check for modified system status? I'm worried I can't update because of tripped knox and if so I'm screwed
    Appears to be working! I've got someone who is going to try to get me everything I need to build a rom from the AT&T release, so if all goes well I should have it up this afternoon! :fingers-crossed:
    READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE FLASHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, here they are. Please try the OTA2 first! It still performs all of the original file checks before flashing. The OTA3 version has most of the checks removed. (It will still check your kernel and modem, as well as free space to ensure there is enough room for the process to work.) Make sure you have a backup and a known good rom handy, just in case.

Modded_OTA2_UCUEMJB-UCUFNE4.zip

Modded_OTA3_UCUEMJB-UCUFNE4.zip

Both now use an update-binary I know to work for flashing KK in TWRP. Hopefully they will be able to handle the OTA's updater-scripts syntax. (If it fails, please Copy Log to SD and post it here so I can determine if I can make changes to the scripts, or if I need to try yet another binary.)

For OTA2 to flash, just like the original one, you must be full stock 4.3. Any debloating, or modded files may cause the flash to immediately fail. This is the preferred method because it is safer!

For OTA2 to flash, you must have the 4.3 stock kernel and modem. I believe it will update the rest of the firmware regardless of its build, but I cannot say for certain. This one has all other file checks removed, so if a file is missing or changed, it should still flash. BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!! I make no guarantee of this method working! MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!!!! If this does cause problems I do believe you will still be able to restore a backup and/or reflash another rom. I do believe the worst that may happen would be a soft-brick, but understand I cannot guarantee this! I have never tried this method myself, but theoretically it should work. When it flashes, it will patch many of the files you currently have on your device, and will replace some others completely. This is why it is best to be completely stock. If you have any mods applied, the patches may or may not work as expected. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE EITHER OF THESE IF YOU ARE USING A CUSTOM ROM OR ANYTHING OTHER THAN OFFICIAL 4.3!!!!! Custom roms are most likely going to be too heavily modified and will probably cause problems! If you try, it will probably soft brick.

I think I have covered everything I can think of. If you have any questions, please ask! I do want to avoid any problems if possible! I do not believe these will hard brick the device as it does not patch the underlying firmware partitions, it replaces them with 4.4.2 versions. So any issues should (in theory) be centered in the system, kernel and/or modem. But again, I am not guaranteeing ANYTHING. As with everything else on XDA, you use this at your own risk! But also understand that I would not even release these if I felt there was a good chance of hard bricking!

:fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed:
    Here is the ota file I just pulled from my s3. It's a cfg file though, and the recommended way to install is via adb sideload.

Stock users please test it. People who are rooted, use xposed, TiBu to freeze bloat, tell me how to update without a factory reset. I have already tried unrooting and using stock recovery, I am now unfreezing all bloat and uninstall xposed to see if it works.

https://mega.co.nz/#!PJ40jDCY!I2A0Di...381MaXx3_0dl8I

Can you please PM @DocHoliday77 to help him build the Stock ROM for us? He does not have the AT&T Device, but can surely help us in building the ROM. Greatness of him!!

He may ask for some other files for building AT&T ROM for us. If he can build the ROM for us, then we dont have to take the pains of testing the CFG file!!

Thanks man!!
    yeah, you can't even be rooted to flash the OTA with stock recovery. I used the odin file from enewman and sideloaded the update. Then wiped all data anyway, just to be safe.

i guess its just personal preference to wipe data when I take an update, better safe than sorry. Not like I have too many apps installed anyway xD