vibrate and ring?? am i missing somthing

Search This thread

delboydell

Feb 11, 2003
Sheffield England
I am running the latest factory firmware unrooted with a s4, I am sure when I 1st got the gear it would vibrate and ring on calls and notifications now it looks like one or the other.
vibration is on and set to strong.
on the power off screen I can set it to sound vibrate or mute?

jmorton10

Jul 1, 2008
Rochester, NY
Unless you choose to go with null_ rom, then you can use my widget: NotiCounter to achieve the sound and vibrate.
It also have the feature to let you select a custom sound based on what app send the notification.

all right, I give up.

I am on Null ROM & have NotiCounter & NotaList installed.

If I set the option in the gear to vibrate, then I get no tone at all even though I have one set in the Noticounter widget.

WTH & I missing here??

EDIT: NVM, I got it working

Last edited:

st-tps

Aug 4, 2010
Sweden
www.lundsoftwares.se
all right, I give up.

I am on Null ROM & have NotiCounter & NotaList installed.

If I set the option in the gear to vibrate, then I get no tone at all even though I have one set in the Noticounter widget.

WTH & I missing here??

Hmm, that should be about it.
If you go into NotiCounter settings and choose to select a file, when you tap the filename, does a preview play then?
I was thinking if the volumes where set to low on your device?

jmorton10

Jul 1, 2008
Rochester, NY
Hmm, that should be about it.
If you go into NotiCounter settings and choose to select a file, when you tap the filename, does a preview play then?
I was thinking if the volumes where set to low on your device?

Well, I thought I had it working.

I did get it to ring/vibrate on an incoming text, but no matter what I tried it refused to ring for an incoming call. I clicked the edit app & added incoming call, then selected the same ring sound I always use. The sound previewed just fine, I clicked save and exited.

I then tried calling my phone from my landline and it vibrated, but no ring tone. I tried redoing everything for over 1/2 hour & finally gave up & just set it back to sound & now it rings just fine again but no vibration.

st-tps

Aug 4, 2010
Sweden
www.lundsoftwares.se
Well, I thought I had it working.

I did get it to ring/vibrate on an incoming text, but no matter what I tried it refused to ring for an incoming call. I clicked the edit app & added incoming call, then selected the same ring sound I always use. The sound previewed just fine, I clicked save and exited.

I then tried calling my phone from my landline and it vibrated, but no ring tone. I tried redoing everything for over 1/2 hour & finally gave up & just set it back to sound & now it rings just fine again but no vibration.

I belive the problem is that the Gear isn´t handle an incoming call as an actual Notification. If you select a custom sound for a missed call I belive you will recieve a sound?

The sound is based on this:
When screen comes on a check for unread notifications is done, i the last count was 0 and the new one is 1 a sound is played, if last one was 1 and the new is 2 a sound is played and so on..
If the count is decreased no sound is played obiously.

So when an incoming call arrives, I don´t think it acts like an unread notification and becauese of that, no sound...