Nexus 5 Stuck at Google Loading Screen (Picture attached)

Search This thread

joongpark

Mar 26, 2007
Hi.
This phone was working perfectly and I left it to go away to another country so it must have discharged it's battery.

When I got back it would not turn on. Even after charging for a day, it will not turn on.

When I have the charging cable connected, it goes to Google Logo Screen and it loops (restarts over and over again)

There is no error message.

Picture is attached so please let me know what to do. It was a gift so no receipt to claim warranty.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Attachments

• Nexus5.JPG
    Nexus5.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
Hi.
This phone was working perfectly and I left it to go away to another country so it must have discharged it's battery.

When I got back it would not turn on. Even after charging for a day, it will not turn on.

When I have the charging cable connected, it goes to Google Logo Screen and it loops (restarts over and over again)

There is no error message.

Picture is attached so please let me know what to do. It was a gift so no receipt to claim warranty.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Try booting into stock recovery and clearing cache, reboot.

If that doesn't work then you'll have to unlock the bootloader (which wipes data) and try flashing the factory images. A guide for that can be found in the first link of my signature.

joongpark

Mar 26, 2007

If that doesn't work then you'll have to unlock the bootloader (which wipes data) and try flashing the factory images. A guide for that can be found in the first link of my signature.

Thanks for the help...I am not sure If I am able to get into recovery more. Last time I tried, I was not able to.

Let you know once I try it.

Thanks.

joongpark

Mar 26, 2007

I just tested and I am not able to get into recovery more...I am not sure what that mean. Should I connect Nexus to computer and see if it's recognized by computer and try to reload stock ROM?

Phone was never unlocked or flashed...it was in the same state as it was bought.

Can this be hardware problem? I saw some reports of similar thing happening with power button problem or other hardware problems.

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
I just tested and I am not able to get into recovery more...I am not sure what that mean. Should I connect Nexus to computer and see if it's recognized by computer and try to reload stock ROM?

Phone was never unlocked or flashed...it was in the same state as it was bought.

Can this be hardware problem? I saw some reports of similar thing happening with power button problem or other hardware problems.

did you go into the bootloader, choose recovery, and it went to an android laying on its back?

joongpark

Mar 26, 2007
This is the weirdest things...Spent days and days trying to bring it back to life and it would just reboot after GOOGLE logo. There was no way to get into recovery more.

I was looking around and someone said that tapping hard behind the power button with finger might bring it back and it did...so crazy. No matter what, I am a happy camper.

If you have tried everything, just try it...it behind power button and it might wake up the android that's been sleeping.

Harshab

Apr 15, 2015
This is the weirdest things...Spent days and days trying to bring it back to life and it would just reboot after GOOGLE logo. There was no way to get into recovery more.

I was looking around and someone said that tapping hard behind the power button with finger might bring it back and it did...so crazy. No matter what, I am a happy camper.

If you have tried everything, just try it...it behind power button and it might wake up the android that's been sleeping.

Can u explain how did u do that .what do u mean by behind the power button

Apr 16, 2015
I have the option to buy this device from a guy who has this problem and i have said to him to try the tips but not working. Computer does not see the device yet and thats logic since it just goes for 2-3 sec in bootloader he told me. Is this the power buttion failure or can it be fixed with nexus toolkit?

Price is €50 because of that and little damaged glass but i doubt if i can let it boot normal again.