[Rom] Darchdroid v2.8 "Doesn't Make Much Sense" | UV'd,OC'd, 2.6.29.6,JIT in my Pants

Search This thread

D3FAULT

Jun 13, 2010
ok I think I know whats up. your google account info might be taking default over the facebook picture. I tried it with one of my contacts that had both a gmail address and a facebook account. I defaulted to the google pic until I deleted it.

scroll down a little after you delete the image and you'll find the facebook pic. click on that and it'll give you the ability to choose that one.

Try that out

Alright.. I think I'll try it tomorrow. Or later today, technically.

Laguar

May 20, 2010
Salt Lake City
but i did notice another problem, In Sense you could link a facebook account to a google contact, but I don't see a way to do that right now. Im not sure whats going on.

stephen240

Aug 7, 2008
Darch I never thought I'd like AoSP but I love it!

Three questions: 1) how do I change the settings for led notifications
2) what is the dev tools application used for?
3) you said trackball light mods, I tried changing them in spare parts, but it seems to only mess with the led lights. so how do i change them?

Thanks for an awesome rom!!!!

lv2bll

Nov 16, 2009
For anyone using the darkstar mod with this rom, you will lose adw and spare parts in your settings,
just adb push the DD 2.7(reboot) settings(bekow) to system/app to get them back!!

Attachments

• Settings.apk
    2.5 MB · Views: 13

cuezaireekaa

Apr 26, 2010
glacier bay
www.last.fm
jus a few DD2.7 related ?'s

Does anyone use autokiller with this rom? if so, what setting? AND is it ok to use OC widget AND Autokiller?

I cant seem to get RootExplorer to work with this rom. is it not working with DD 2.7? or should i use an older one?

and BTW in some previous posts, i couldn't get mms working and text msgs were actin' funny (not coming in). i partitioned and reflashed and i'm a happy camper. all is well.
Now if i could just keep my wireless tether working and not dropping out after reaching 1.99MB while streaming.

DarchDroid IS the best ROM i've used. Can't Live without the music app mods, (long pressing volume to skip tracks). X))

Last edited:

Jus10o

Mar 11, 2010
Darch I never thought I'd like AoSP but I love it!

Three questions: 1) how do I change the settings for led notifications
2) what is the dev tools application used for?
3) you said trackball light mods, I tried changing them in spare parts, but it seems to only mess with the led lights. so how do i change them?

Thanks for an awesome rom!!!!

1. ill get back to you- try sounds & display

2. Nothing special, has a few cool things to mess with. I would just delete it. I think its just an app that comes with AOSP roms.

3. they are in the settings, i think sounds & display- its not a spare parts mod

Last edited:

stephen240

Aug 7, 2008

2. Nothing special, has a few cool things to mess with. I would just delete it. I think its just an app that comes with AOSP roms.

3. there are in the settings, i think sounds & display- its not a spare parts mod

Thanks and let me know what you find on the led notifications the way notifications are with the led is kinda annyoing lol

Jus10o

Mar 11, 2010
but i did notice another problem, In Sense you could link a facebook account to a google contact, but I don't see a way to do that right now. Im not sure whats going on.

In htc roms, facebook is incorporated into the rom. Its a completely separate app from the Facebook.apk. Its why you can do google with facebook and link the 2.

In the aosp rom its just Facebook.apk syncing your contacts. They dont work with each other like in the htc rom. You have all your google contacts and all your facebook contacts. If you have the same person on both, then both contacts will show. Its annoying and dumb, but better then nothing.

stephen240

Aug 7, 2008

3. there are in the settings, i think sounds & display- its not a spare parts mod

okay i just messed with the trackball settings and it seems to just keep the trackball light on, it doesn't pulse or anything. Does this sound right?

lv2bll

Nov 16, 2009
Does anyone use autokiller with this rom? if so, what setting?

I cant seem to get RootExplorer to work with this rom. is it not working with DD 2.7? or should i use an older one?

and BTW in some previous posts, i couldn't get mms working and text msgs were actin' funny (not coming in). i partitioned and reflashed and i'm a happy camper. all is well.
Now if i could just keep my wireless tether working and not dropping out after reaching 1.99MB while streaming.

DarchDroid IS the best ROM i've used. Can't Live without the music app mods, (long pressing volume to skip tracks). X))

i have mine set to optimum and have about 70-80 mem free(also use automatic task keller so my phone kills excess apps when it goes to sleep)

Jus10o

Mar 11, 2010
Thanks and let me know what you find on the led notifications the way notifications are with the led is kinda annyoing lol

The only thing i can think of is.. Change the settings from within the app. Like in the messaging app in notification settings you can change the LED light. For any other notifications, you might wanna try the app that it corresponds to and see if it has a similar settings.

okay i just messed with the trackball settings and it seems to just keep the trackball light on, it doesn't pulse or anything. Does this sound right?

Did you reboot phone?
And im sure you know this one.. But did you get a notification? When the phone is just sitting there on, the lights will stay lit depending on if its dark in the room or light.

Last edited:

Lasershock

Mar 16, 2010
I can't seem to get my facebook contacts to sync. I will add the account but it wont show up or sync. I try to add it again but it just goes back to the previous screen.

stephen240

Aug 7, 2008
The only thing i can think of is.. Change the settings from within the app. Like in the messaging app in notification settings you can change the LED light. For any other notifications, you might wanna try the app that it corresponds to and see if it has a similar settings.

Did you reboot phone?

I will try that thanks!

No i didn't reboot, didn't think i would need to but i'll give it a try

Jus10o

Mar 11, 2010
I can't seem to get my facebook contacts to sync. I will add the account but it wont show up or sync. I try to add it again but it just goes back to the previous screen.

Delete the old Facebook app, and install the newest one from the market. The one that comes with the rom wont sync.

adb remount
adb shell rm /system/app/Facebook.apk

then install new one.

stephen240

Aug 7, 2008

Did you reboot phone?
And im sure you know this one.. But did you get a notification? When the phone is just sitting there on, the lights will stay lit depending on if its dark in the room or light.

okay so the led notifications is staying green then blinks orange, is it supposed to be like that cause its a little annoying. I tried messing with the settings and it didn't change.

Yes i know this. I'm talking about notifications, and i rebooted and didn't seem to change anything.... hmm....

DominoDoug

May 15, 2010
Minneapolis
Re: [Rom] Darchdroid v2.7 "KangSlayer" | Complete, OC'd, MMS, Camera, Everything!!

Does anyone use autokiller with this rom? if so, what setting?

I cant seem to get RootExplorer to work with this rom. is it not working with DD 2.7?

i have mine set to optimum and have about 70-80 mem free(also use automatic task keller so my phone kills excess apps when it goes to sleep)

I'm running autokiller at the strict. setting but I am not running atk on top of it.
I was curious as to how we get the 60666 PRL that has been mentioned.

Jus10o

Mar 11, 2010
I'm running autokiller at the strict. setting but I am not running atk on top of it. I was curious as to how we get the 60666 PRL that has been mentioned.

Make a nandroid.. Flash a sprint rom, update prl in the settings.. Then nandroid back.

If you have ext 4 setup for darchdroid, you have to flash fresh toast if you wanna update prl.

Last edited:

DevinXtreme

Apr 10, 2010
Make a nandroid.. Flash and sprint rom, update prl in the settings.. Then nandroid back.

If you have ext 4 setup for darchdroid, you have to flash fresh toast if you wanna update prl.

This.

I always have a FreshToast nandroid on my SD Card for this purpose exactly. It sort of stinks, but I don't know if there can be anything done about it. AOSP isn't carrier-specific, so a dev would have to get all the info to update the PRL/Profile then code the system from the ground up. There are more pressing matters for darch to use his time to solve.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My battery with this ROM still seems to drop fast compared to my stock 2.1, even with my "normal use" so far today. I'll try calibrating it probably today and see if that helps.

Also, my the phone part of my phone is acting weird. I had my brother call and leave a voice mail to test VVM, and my phone NEVER rang or even acknowledged that he called until he left the voice mail. That showed up but it still never rang or showed I had a missed call.. weird?

Well I just tested this after flashing the VVM, and it worked for me. Including ringing.

Try messing with your sound settings, ringtones, blah.

I've never had a problem with Darchdroid in that regard.
    everything working fine for me..

but VVM is the only thing i have issues with ...cuz i get the text message to my mms app as well......and i don't want to use handcent lol

who knows another fix for that?
    I Have a Question..

Every time i try to take a Picture, the Camera just Freezes Up and i says i took it but it doesn't save it, So i was wondering if it was possible to switch cameras 1. Because this camera only give 3mp And not like other cameras that give 5mp 2. If freezes up and it doesn't save the picture i took

Thankx =]

Look at the 2nd post on this thread.. try that and see what happens.
    CM 5.8 was released.. Darch, will you be updating this with the new source?