[ROM] SimpleROM v1.0 [ Froyo w/ Sense Styling + Working Flash 10.1 ]

Search This thread

.mak

Mar 17, 2008
title1.png

screenshot1ot.png

Included Extras:
  • 600Mhz 7-Slot Kernel (Official, NOT Leaked..)
  • Fancy Widget v1.3.0 (HTC Flip Clock w/ Weather)
  • SuperUser
  • Adobe Flash 10.1.72.7*
  • BusyBox 1.16.1
  • HTC_IME Mod v27 (Modified HTC Sense Keyboard)*
  • Wired Tether for Root Users
  • Wireless Tether for Root Users
  • Onymous App Installer

*Requires installation through Onymous App Installer (pre-installed).

Known Issues:
  • None
  • It just works! Simple, right?

Code:
[B][U]Install Instructions (SPRecovery):[/U][/B]
[LIST]
[*]Download [URL="http://db.tt/HPeuPas"]SimpleROM v1.0[/URL] ([URL="http://rapidshare.com/files/405419351/SimpleROM_1.0.zip"]mirror[/URL])
[*]Rename SimpleROM_v1.0.zip to update.zip (Do NOT Extract!)
[*]Place update.zip on the root of your sd card
[*]Reboot into recovery (Power Down, Hold X+Power On)
[*]Nandroid backup your current installation
[*]Wipe data/factory reset
[*]Wipe cache (not necessary, since the above does it, but why not, right?)
[*]Scroll down to Install
[*]Select Allow update.zip installation
[*]Scroll down and select Install /sdcard/update.zip (depreciated)
[*]Wait
[*]Reboot
[/LIST]

[B][I]Once SimpleROM loads for the first time:[/I][/B]
[LIST]
[*]Open your app drawer
[*]Run Onymous App Installer
[*]Navigate to /mnt (the root of your sdcard)Navigate to SimpleROM_Extras
[*]Install the three files you see there
[*]Go to Menu->Settings->Language & Keyboard
[*]Activate "HTC_IME mod"
[/LIST]

Congratulations, you now have SimpleROM v1.0!
Enjoy!

Code:
[B][U]Extras:[/U][/B]

[U]HTC Sense Flip Clock: [/U]
[LIST=1]
[*]Long-press home screen -> Widgets -> Fancy Widget
[/LIST]

[U]HTC IME (Keyboard): [/U]
[LIST=1]
[*]Onymous App Installer -> SimpleROM_Extras -> Clicker_hi.apk -> Installe
[*]Onymous App Installer -> SimpleROM_Extras -> HTC_IME_hi22.apk -> Install
[*]App Drawer -> Settings -> Language & Keyboard -> Check the box next to HTC_IME Mod and accept the warning
[/LIST]

[U]Adobe Flash 10.1:[/U]
[LIST=1]
[*]Onymous App Installer -> SimpleROM_Extras -> com.adobe.flashplayer-10.1.72.7.apk -> Install
[/LIST]

[LIST]
[*]600Mhz not fast enough for you?
[/LIST] 
Feel free to give the [URL="http://p3designs.info/kernels/"]P3 Froyo Kernels[/URL] a try!

[LIST]
[*]Want to control your overclocked kernel?
[/LIST]
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=505419"]Download SetCPU[/URL]! Please consider donating to the author if you enjoy his work.

[I](If you get the "Install Blocked" error, click the Settings button on the pop-up warning and check the box next to "Unknown Sources" and accept the warning)[/I]

Shout Outs:
  • jonasl HTC_IME Mod
  • Peter Alfonso Original untouched FTF84B ROM base + 600Mhz Kernel

That was Simple, right? ;)

Last edited:

qzem

Jun 23, 2010
Can we flash this rom on rooted Motorola Milestone, or only on Motorola Droid? Because milestone has locked bootloader.

shiznit05

Jan 11, 2009
Can this be installed using Clockwork Recovery, or just SP?

EDIT: It does work with Clockwork as well. Installation went smoothly, but no 3G. Installing again.

Last edited:

.mak

Mar 17, 2008
Can this be installed using Clockwork Recovery, or just SP?

EDIT: It does work with Clockwork as well. Installation went smoothly, but no 3G. Installing again.

Thanks for the heads up.

No 3G? That's very odd.. did you try *228 after flashing? I always do, force of habit I guess, and I have 3G.

shiznit05

Jan 11, 2009
...noticed one thing. there is black text on black buttons, for example the save buttons when downloading attachments from the email app

Sent from my Droid using XDA App

.mak

Mar 17, 2008
...noticed one thing. there is black text on black buttons, for example the save buttons when downloading attachments from the email app

Sent from my Droid using XDA App

Is there another place you noticed black text on black buttons? If not, I'll send myself an attachment and test it out.. but it should be an easy fix, regardless.

-mak

shiznit05

Jan 11, 2009
Besides the black text on black button, this is a very good ROM. It's pretty quick. I haven't noticed much lag, even with a LauncherPro and a bunch of widgets running.

One thing you might think about adding to the next version is ChromeToPhone.

imablackhat

Sep 15, 2005
www.zevink.com
great rom, no issues yet, just installed and restored all my apps, pandora also works with no audio issues on high quality. unlike most other 2.2 roms.

guitar4542

Mar 15, 2010
Look nice :) Installed fine...flash SPRecovery just to be safe. Loving it :D First ROM i've seen with the HTC clock widget. Thanks :D

imablackhat

Sep 15, 2005
www.zevink.com
can no longer send audio clips via messaging client, i could on 2.1 roms and stuff. :\, any thoughts? it only lets you record audio and send it, no sending actual audio files *.mp3.

probbiethe1

Mar 22, 2010
does this rom have the native wifi hotspot that works. i know it says it has wireless tether app pre installed but does it have working native wifi hotspot

imablackhat

Sep 15, 2005
www.zevink.com
Random applications open themself.. like skype in the bckgrnd and gotta spam with task killer to kill it and its still coming back, also battery life is pretty poor. Gps, wifi, location, backgrnd data disabled and had to charge the phone twice today with not much use... I think maybe coz stuff in the bckgrnd keeps opening

.mak

Mar 17, 2008
does this rom have the native wifi hotspot that works. i know it says it has wireless tether app pre installed but does it have working native wifi hotspot

It has the USB tether enabled by default, but I haven't bothered to try wifi tether aside from the included apps. The wifi tether included is far superior to what I've read Froyo includes, thus the reason it's included :)

Random applications open themself.. like skype in the bckgrnd and gotta spam with task killer to kill it and its still coming back, also battery life is pretty poor. Gps, wifi, location, backgrnd data disabled and had to charge the phone twice today with not much use... I think maybe coz stuff in the bckgrnd keeps opening

Random apps do not open themselves on my phone, what do you have installed? I'm working on 29 hours of battery life with moderate usage myself, so again, what have you downloaded and installed?

Willing to help, but need more info on what you've done besides wipe data/cache and flash the ROM..

.mak

Mar 17, 2008
can no longer send audio clips via messaging client, i could on 2.1 roms and stuff. :\, any thoughts? it only lets you record audio and send it, no sending actual audio files *.mp3.

Most likely a Froyo issue and not the ROM itself, but I'll look into it further to see if I can iron it out for you :)