[Q] Rom manager not working, any simple alternates?

Search This thread

Megacamz

Jan 29, 2009
Dundee
I managed to root my phone and install Rom manager from the marketplace so I could flash a stock 2.2 rom (instead of the 02 one I have)

But I cannot get it to boot into clockwork recovery or install from SD card.

any ideas?

Megacamz

Jan 29, 2009
Dundee
Edit: Ah posted at the same time.. will have a look and report back shortly, thanks!

EDIT 2: Ok, had a look.... how to I flash recovery's? ROM manager has the option to use different recovery greyed out? And there no way im doing that fastboot, takes far too long!

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2010
What I missed ? Everytimes , I tries to flash a new rom on my Dell Streak , with Rom Manager , when I finished the step " reboot and install " , then my Streak simply rebooted and then no further action taken .

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
To everyone trying to use ROM Manager on the Streak:

STOP!

ROM Manager has never worked on the Streak and continuing to try to use it will only result in headaches on your part. The only accepted method of flashing a ROM on a Streak is through the Recovery. Speaking of the Recovery, it should NOT be Clockworkmod, because that recovery doesn't work properly with the Streak. Streakmod is the recommended recovery.

Now, had you ROM Manager guys actually searched the forums you would have found this out rather than posting yet another thread on how the app doesn't work.

Next time use the damn search engine on this site. It's not there just to make the site look pretty, and in using it you will in fact be following the site's rules.

Any questions?

Last edited:

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
Quite honestly, I have little enough patience for people as it is. People who seek the "quick fix" and are unwilling to put the time in to learn about their devices are annoying enough. Lazy ass people who can't be bothered to spend the time looking for answers to their questions before posting are a plague. Both deserve to be taken to the back of the tool shed and flogged.

I believe from now on, in addition to calling out people for being total idiots, I'll be reporting the posts as well. Because this bulls**t has got to stop. Searching before posting is the number one site rule on XDA, and it's about damn time it gets enforced. The only way for it to BE enforced is by letting the moderators know about it.

marvin02

Mar 29, 2010
Indiana
. . . I'll be reporting the posts as well. Because this bulls**t has got to stop. Searching before posting is the number one site rule on XDA, and it's about damn time it gets enforced. The only way for it to BE enforced is by letting the moderators know about it.

Post #2 is from the moderator, too often these threads get shuffled around and are not closed and/or deleted.

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
Yeah, I know Lufc moved the thread. He's pretty proactive on that. But unless people report the thread as violating the site rules he really can't do much about it.

I've been pretty lenient in just posting reminders to get the noobs and lazy people among us to actually use the tools that are present on this site. But my patience for that crap is at an end. If someone can't be bothered to use the search tools on this site, expect to be called out on it and the post reported.

EDIT: Looking back at the thread, can someone explain to me just how in the heck you can come upon a thread that details the problem you are having and not at least read the thread before you post to it?

Last edited:

slaydog

Dec 14, 2009
I'm starting to notice a trend. I think that as our phones get older more people are ditching them, selling them, and the new owners are stumbling on XDA.
I know I was a total Android noob when I got my Streak, but had been on XDA for a while, so was well aware of the search function. Not to mention reading the stickies.
I think this is gonna keep getting worse!

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk