[AAP] Sound Recorder: my first App (actualy, edited)

Search This thread

jubagrande

Sep 7, 2011
Hi people!

after 3 days loosing all days and nights of good sleep, I finaly did!
Finaly, I edited SoundRecorder, the standard recorder app of xperia x10 mini, xperia mini, and some others devices, to record audio in AAC encoder, with 16 bit encoding and 22khz of sample rate!

The difficult thing for me was to learn java and object orientation to do this (believe, I'm dumb with these 2 things :D)

Well, here I go.

First, I watched this video to learned how to get started:

Then, I downloaded the source code from this site:
http://gitorious.org/0xdroid/packag...rees/cefd3e81da22167a56c89a8794c9b8dfe67a7673

and using androids developer's home page and oracle's man page, I could correct some erros, and recompile the APK.

Finaly, here is the project if you would like to improve the program , which I will do in the future to add some functions like choose sample rate, container, and codecs, and in the folder bin you find the APP

To install, you can use eclipse, connecting your phone to your computer through usb and hit run android app or use this program:
APK Edit v0.4, allows you to edit your apk file

That is it!
Thanks and, please, comment!

Attachments

• SoundRecorder.rar
    390.8 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
Nice try mate ;) Btw actually i am searching for stereo recording app, since if i use usual app from market, the sound quality is not good. But if you know about Video recording on Xperia 2011 devices, you know the quality is much better (unfortunately i don't want the video, just sound). Can you achieve that :)

jubagrande

Sep 7, 2011
Thanks whalesplaho!

hansip87, I think its possible...
At the developers page, I remember of some codes to choose stereo in instead of mono...

I left mono because I tought: since the source is a microphone, stereo will not work and the file will be bigger for nothing

anyway, I will take a look and try to compile it with stereo record... when its done, you will can download it from here

jubagrande

Sep 7, 2011
Here it is!

Now with:
Sampling Rate 44100Hz
Audio Encoding BitRate 128kbps
Audio Channels 2 (stereo)
Audio Encoder AAC
Output File .3gpp

Attention: with this configuration, your file grows 16KB/s... a file with 1 minute has 960KB aprox.

and now you can launch the app direct, without need other app

Attachments

• SoundRecorder.rar
    88.3 KB · Views: 84

jubagrande

Sep 7, 2011
I think you can...

I've improved the app... Added a menu to select sample rate, bit rate and channels..

Next week I'll make a menu to show the configurations choice...

Sent from my ST15a using XDA

Reactions: chepoz

lalocolin

Jun 23, 2011
When I try to listen to what I recorded, I can't listen to it, it seems to be a codec faliure, or a problem accessing SD card, I would recommend you to add mp3 codec to record, its a more standarized format and maybe a built in player will do a nice app, sure it will sell @ android market :D Nice one budd!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi people!

after 3 days loosing all days and nights of good sleep, I finaly did!
    Finaly, I edited SoundRecorder, the standard recorder app of xperia x10 mini, xperia mini, and some others devices, to record audio in AAC encoder, with 16 bit encoding and 22khz of sample rate!

The difficult thing for me was to learn java and object orientation to do this (believe, I'm dumb with these 2 things :D)

Well, here I go.

First, I watched this video to learned how to get started:

Then, I downloaded the source code from this site:
    http://gitorious.org/0xdroid/packag...rees/cefd3e81da22167a56c89a8794c9b8dfe67a7673

and using androids developer's home page and oracle's man page, I could correct some erros, and recompile the APK.

Finaly, here is the project if you would like to improve the program , which I will do in the future to add some functions like choose sample rate, container, and codecs, and in the folder bin you find the APP

To install, you can use eclipse, connecting your phone to your computer through usb and hit run android app or use this program:
    APK Edit v0.4, allows you to edit your apk file

That is it!
    Thanks and, please, comment!
    Here it is!

Now with:
    Sampling Rate 44100Hz
    Audio Encoding BitRate 128kbps
    Audio Channels 2 (stereo)
    Audio Encoder AAC
    Output File .3gpp

Attention: with this configuration, your file grows 16KB/s... a file with 1 minute has 960KB aprox.

and now you can launch the app direct, without need other app
    Thanks whalesplaho!

hansip87, I think its possible...
    At the developers page, I remember of some codes to choose stereo in instead of mono...

I left mono because I tought: since the source is a microphone, stereo will not work and the file will be bigger for nothing

anyway, I will take a look and try to compile it with stereo record... when its done, you will can download it from here
    I think you can...

I've improved the app... Added a menu to select sample rate, bit rate and channels..

Next week I'll make a menu to show the configurations choice...

Sent from my ST15a using XDA