New cheesecake file found 6.7.2233

Search This thread

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
10 to 1 this new leak won't install over the last. It will be made for 905 which is the last official release. I hope I'm wrong. But....

kizzed

Jan 2, 2012
Fargo
I am kind of glad that I have not taken the plunge then. What was the problem you had Sam that makes you so leery of leaks? If you do not mind me asking of course.

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
I am kind of glad that I have not taken the plunge then. What was the problem you had Sam that makes you so leery of leaks? If you do not mind me asking of course.

When 5.5.893, 5.7.893, and 5.8.894 were leaked I jumped on the bandwagon and went to 5.7.893. Then we found out that 5.5.893 was going to be the official patch. And at that point none of us on 5.7.893 or 5.8.894 were on the OTA path anymore. No FXZ file existed back then and the method to put us back on the OTA path was literally just an idea at the time. Well, I wanted to do my part to help out so I jumped on trying to get my Bionic back on the path using the methods. *I* screwed up and ended up bricking my Bionic. For 36 hours I was completely screwed and VZW even offered to replace the phone under warranty even after they knew what I'd done to it. However, someone then posted a FXZ method and I was able to recover my Bionic and get it back on the OTA path. I returned the replacement without even opening it. It was an atypical experience for those off the path, but, with no method back right now, I'm going to wait until there is. Those who updated to the first leak are about to get a lesson in why patience is good with leaks on Moto phones. :( I feel for every single person and hope to GOD the community gets them back on track quickly.

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
SamuriHL (now temporary) bricking was legendary....

SIGH. :) I LOVE this community. They brought me back from my own stupidity. But if I didn't learn from that experience and share it with others, I'd be doing everyone a disservice. Please don't think I'm the naysayer here. I'm really not. I'm SUPER excited by these leaks. Just...cautious.

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
With this community, not likely forever. Not even close. :) But maybe for a bit until someone figures out a way back. :)

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Lol that wasn't there when i started writing my post but nonetheless I understand the risks involved and love testing new things lol if i f it up its my fault:good:. also i now there is no way to fzx back to anything yet but isnt life about taking risks?

That's the cavalier attitude I miss in myself! :) SOOOO tempted. You don't even know.

master0fursinz

Sep 24, 2008
i have mine set to master-sdc100.blurdev.com and its downloading 2233, i think as long as you have cheesecake you can move forward through updates.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just found a new cheesecake leak 6.7.2233 downloading it now

Download Link: http://www.filefactory.com/file/5fgqamqc5g4j/n/Blur_Version_5_9_905_XT875_Verizon_en_US_zip

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
    Also - Some of the messages during the install of 2233 are different. cdt.bin is definitely updated. 2231 may allow an FXZ, but 2233 may not. Keep your heads up.

Well, I sacrificed my Bionic for the good of the community. I can confirm that FXZ works from 2233 as well. So those who moved to 2233, you can still make it back to 902.
    Relax folks, we have methods now to stay on path moving forwards through most or all leak cycles.
    we have been using them with great success with the Razr and D4 leaks for ICS.

basically you need to fastboot a patched boot.img of the build you are moving to and it will accept the update. that is the extremely short version...
    http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7374932

Seeding 2233 leak.
    Now I'm not saying my connection is fast, so seed if you can!
    Ok, so I am eating crow and the .902 FXZ works. I am now on 2233. You cannot move directly from 2231 to 2233. Please make sure you have a charged battery (or a motorola factory cable), the 902 FXZ file and RSD Lite on your PC, and both the 905 update and the 2233 update on the root of your external SD Card. Also, I have attached a modified XML file (must rename from VRZ_XT875_5.9.902.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.txt to VRZ_XT875_5.9.902.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml) for the FXZ that does not wipe Data or your internal storage.

Disclaimer: I am not a dev and am unlikely to be able to help you if this doesn't work for you. I am only posting that which has worked for me in the hopes that it may help others. Proceed at your own risk.

Steps I took:

1) Reboot phone and go into AP Fastboot mode.
    2) Use modified XML doc to FXZ back to 902 without data loss.
    3) On last reboot, immediately pulled battery at Motorola screen and rebooted and entered recovery. (Note: at this point a last update piece ran from the FXZ. Probably radio, but it didn't identify itself.)
    4) Immediately ran .905 update.
    5) Rebooted phone and went directly into Recovery again.
    6) Ran 2233 update.
    7) Root using Android 4.0.4 Root method (Voodoo OTA can not help you through an FXZ, sorry.)

Anyone wishing to refine these steps are more than welcome to.

Also - Some of the messages during the install of 2233 are different. cdt.bin is definitely updated. 2231 may allow an FXZ, but 2233 may not. Keep your heads up.