(Q) GSM settings on VZN

Search This thread

jrgilbert79

Mar 8, 2012
Is there any reason that the VZN rom had greyed out GSM settings. Does this mean that there are antennas that can be enabled with drivers or a SIM from ATT or TMobile?

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

craigbailey1986

Apr 13, 2010
Conley
The phone is a world phone which means you can put in any gsm SIM card and it will work with the Bands that the phone is equipped with. I have used it on T-Mobile and metropcs successfully so far.

Also the area is greyed out because Verizon doesn't have a gsm network for cellular use. Yet. Their LTE is deployed over gsm but it is data only.

amorek13

Jun 24, 2010
The phone is a world phone which means you can put in any gsm SIM card and it will work with the Bands that the phone is equipped with. I have used it on T-Mobile and metropcs successfully so far.

Also the area is greyed out because Verizon doesn't have a gsm network for cellular use. Yet. Their LTE is deployed over gsm but it is data only.

you getting 4g and lte or 4g?

EniGmA1987

Sep 21, 2010
Verizon would have GSM settings grayed out because it is not applicable to their network at all. The phone would come carrier locked so if you pop a sim card in from say TMobile then the phone still wont work. However if you were to unlock the phone (currently illegal last I heard, might change in a year or so though) it should theoretically work on ATT and TMobile and other GSM networks, although you may or may not have to manually input APN settings to get the network data working. The stock Verizon ROM though may also not include drivers for activating those radios bands wither, IDK if that is something they would do or not. All the versions of this phone use the Snapdragon 800 chipset, which has built in radios that can hit basically any network's frequency in the world.

craigbailey1986

Apr 13, 2010
Conley
Verizon would have GSM settings grayed out because it is not applicable to their network at all. The phone would come carrier locked so if you pop a sim card in from say TMobile then the phone still wont work. However if you were to unlock the phone (currently illegal last I heard, might change in a year or so though) it should theoretically work on ATT and TMobile and other GSM networks, although you may or may not have to manually input APN settings to get the network data working. The stock Verizon ROM though may also not include drivers for activating those radios bands wither, IDK if that is something they would do or not. All the versions of this phone use the Snapdragon 800 chipset, which has built in radios that can hit basically any network's frequency in the world.

This is completely and I mean completely wrong! ALL VERIZON LTE PHONES ARE UNLOCKED...... Which is why they are called world phones because you can,travel the world with them switching SIM cards and still have Verizon. I personally have done this with gs4, note2, droid maxx, motox, and now the lgg2

Reactions: Snorbro

EniGmA1987

Sep 21, 2010
This is completely and I mean completely wrong! ALL VERIZON LTE PHONES ARE UNLOCKED...... Which is why they are called world phones because you can,travel the world with them switching SIM cards and still have Verizon. I personally have done this with gs4, note2, droid maxx, motox, and now the lgg2

Well at most only a small part of what I said is wrong so thanks for trying to correct me in in a very dickish way. Unfortunately you are also wrong, not all Verizon phones come unlocked from them.

digitaltrends.com said:
AT&T will let you unlock your device permanently, provided your contract has already expired. AT&T customers still on contract may unlock their devices up to five times per year (for international travel purposes), as long as they don’t owe any past-due amount on their accounts, and have been a customer for 60 days or more.

Verizon sells all iPhone 5s unlocked, meaning you could take your device over to AT&T or T-Mobile without having to unlock the device. But other devices, like the Samsung Galaxy S3, are locked by Verizon. However, like AT&T, customers in good standing can request to have their devices unlocked for international travel.

Sprint does not offer unlocked devices, but it will allow customers to unlock their devices for travel after three months with the carrier.

Last edited:

craigbailey1986

Apr 13, 2010
Conley
All verizon LTE devices are unlocked out the box... wasn't being a. .... despite your assumptions the gs3 is unlocked so is all their world phones. And I never said all their phones were unlocked I stated all lte devices which are world phones are unlocked out the box. I currently have every phone that has come out since the gs3 and all work on T-Mobile with no call to verizon. But I am not going to argue about it. My apologies to the op simply stating what I know is true...

Rickert23

Apr 8, 2014
Use a vzw on at&t

All verizon LTE devices are unlocked out the box... wasn't being a. .... despite your assumptions the gs3 is unlocked so is all their world phones. And I never said all their phones were unlocked I stated all lte devices which are world phones are unlocked out the box. I currently have every phone that has come out since the gs3 and all work on T-Mobile with no call to verizon. But I am not going to argue about it. My apologies to the op simply stating what I know is true...

Can you use a vs980 vzw lg g2 on at&t's network have it work properly and get 4g lte coverage?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.