[Q] WhatchON

Search This thread

Gruja96

Feb 25, 2014
Kladovo
Hey guys!
I have a qiestion about WhatchON.
I have a VIVAX TV but WO doesn't have that TV.
I was wondering if I can manually insert IR codes.
I saw that feature on HTC One. In their application you can manually insert/scan code using remote.
I hope you understand me. :)

denski101

Jan 7, 2014
Here's the app I use, I don't think you can manually program the codes though: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.remotefairy
It's easy to set up and customise, and supports a wide range of products. Couldn't reccommend it enough!?????

If the above app doesn't support the device your trying to use, you can try this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=remote.control.samsung
I think this is more what your looking for, you can customise the IR codes to support your device. But it was a bit too involving for me and I prefer the first app I mentioned.

EDIT: Had a quick check and found this(did you mean Vimax):
4ave9ava.jpg

Few more screens, this is a paid app btw- worth every penny:

raqu9y3y.jpg

5u9asyte.jpg

a7y9y8e7.jpg

hehubata.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

denski101

Jan 7, 2014
Thank you, but i couldn't find my TV. It is Vivax. :)

No worries mate....
A while back I had a Teac TV and couldn't find the universal remote code for it. I found out it shared the same codes as certain LG models. Anyway I did a quick check for you, and apparently Vivax may share some of the IR codes as the brand Toshiba or Sanyo.

Have a check under Watchon again, and see if the Toshiba or Sanyo codes work for your TV?
Good luck.

Last edited:

Gruja96

Feb 25, 2014
Kladovo
I checked WatchOn and Smart remote. It have 40 codes for emerson but unfortunately they don't work. Thank you for your help. :)

denski101

Jan 7, 2014
Sorry man I edited my post. The emerson codes were for Vimax lol.

Vivax seem like a pretty obscure brand, I've never heard of them in Australia. There a little hard to find info for... I know this doesn't help, but if you've got the time you could try as many remotes(different brands) as you can until one hopefully works. In the mean time submit a support request for your tv on watchon if you haven't already. The first app I mentioned has a great support team and reply to emails in a very timely fashion.
I'm sorry thats all I can think of. Best of luck

denski101

Jan 7, 2014
After submitting a support request, here's the brands that may work for your Vivax:
Akura, Denver, Digitek, Fujicom, Prosonic.
Try them out and tell us if any of them work?
Full credit to Color Tiger, the devs behind the app: Smart IR Remote. If the above info worked, maybe you'd consider supporting them. I'm in no way affiliated with them, just pleased with their apps and support team.
Cheers

Reactions: Gruja96

ione2380

Oct 13, 2009
Brasov
I have a no name led tv "vortex" and can't find the code for it!

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N9005 folosind Tapatalk

Gruja96

Feb 25, 2014
Kladovo
After submitting a support request, here's the brands that may work for your Vivax:
Full credit to Color Tiger, the devs behind the app: Smart IR Remote. If the above info worked, maybe you'd consider supporting them. I'm in no way affiliated with them, just pleased with their apps and support team.
Cheers

Unfortunately none of the codes worked. I tried with WatchO and Smart IR Remote. Thanks anyway. :)

denski101

Jan 7, 2014
Unfortunately none of the codes worked. I tried with WatchO and Smart IR Remote. Thanks anyway. :)

That's unfortunate!
I'm not familiar with HTC's learning function but a IR learning function would be a great addition to the IR blaster, featured on our Samsung devices. Definitely an area that could have a meaningful improvement, especially for other's with obsucure or no name electronics brands.
Oh well, you can't always get what you want?.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cheers