VIDONN X5: The low cost sport bracelet (40$)

Search This thread

castleman

Jan 16, 2006
VIDONN X5 SPORT BRACELET

img_6.jpg

index_3.jpg

Product features:
1. The first smart bracelet with OLED,recording sports data daytime and sleeping data in night to guide healthy living.
2. Host comes with a standard USB port, special design to charge through connecting PC and mobile driver.
3. Designed with IP67 for good waterproof performance.
4. Computers and Android dual-mode synchronous data.Host syncs via wireless bluetooth, also PC via USB
5. Silent vibrate mode will wake you up in the quite morning.
6. It's very slight only 20g and ignore its existence after waring.
7. Supports Bluetooth 4.0 technology, computers and Android dual-mode synchronous data.Host syncs via wireless bluetooth, also PC via USB
8. Upgrade conveniently, exciting features continue to be increased.

Android and PC app: http://www.vidonn.com/en/download.html

Official website: http://www.vidonn.com/en/index.html

List of users:
1.- castleman
2.- ....

And... someone also have this tech-toy?

Ready to mod/hack/trick/update the APK?

:)

Regards

Reactions: lorealke

Henkl

Feb 5, 2010
Xiaomi Poco F3
No one have this sport bracelet too?

I do.. Now testing it. The vidonn.apk which I downloaded, does not install on my android phone (with android 4.2).. so.... pretty stupid.

Windows app seems to work with some hickups..

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

After creating an account on a windows machine it works.. sort off. It has potential... but software is crap at this point. When you want to look at data of your walk or whatever, you will be send to the website in Chinese... you get some basic stuff like calories burned and walked and the such.
But I wanted it to easily sync by android smartphone app... but with a non working app it can't. ... so it is still a work in progress.

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
I do.. Now testing it. The vidonn.apk which I downloaded, does not install on my android phone (with android 4.2).. so.... pretty stupid.

Windows app seems to work with some hickups..

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

After creating an account on a windows machine it works.. sort off. It has potential... but software is crap at this point. When you want to look at data of your walk or whatever, you will be send to the website in Chinese... you get some basic stuff like calories burned and walked and the such.
But I wanted it to easily sync by android smartphone app... but with a non working app it can't. ... so it is still a work in progress.

I believe it needs 4.3 and BT4.0 with BLE.

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
The question remains why it is not "backward" compatible. It easy to dismiss a phone this way that it would not be compatible for a chinese brand..

That's Android for you :) Because of protocol details, a lot of the smartwatch and smartdevices require 4.3 (where android introduced a better notification support and other changes) and also low power 4.0 BLE. And that requirement gets hardcoded without a backward compatibility support :(

Reactions: Portnoy44

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
Will be getting it soon ;) so expect a detailed review once I receive and get a chance to play around with it!

darkflamero

Aug 29, 2012
windows driver

could someone please upload a driver? i installed the PC app but my device appears as unkown device...

mogrith

Jul 30, 2010
Brea
www.mogrith.com
Well bringing this thread back to life. I did buy this from DX. App works on my Zenphone. but no calorie trackers will link to it.

multi day charge step count seems accurate.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    VIDONN X5 SPORT BRACELET

img_6.jpg

index_3.jpg

Product features:
    1. The first smart bracelet with OLED,recording sports data daytime and sleeping data in night to guide healthy living.
    2. Host comes with a standard USB port, special design to charge through connecting PC and mobile driver.
    3. Designed with IP67 for good waterproof performance.
    4. Computers and Android dual-mode synchronous data.Host syncs via wireless bluetooth, also PC via USB
    5. Silent vibrate mode will wake you up in the quite morning.
    6. It's very slight only 20g and ignore its existence after waring.
    7. Supports Bluetooth 4.0 technology, computers and Android dual-mode synchronous data.Host syncs via wireless bluetooth, also PC via USB
    8. Upgrade conveniently, exciting features continue to be increased.

Android and PC app: http://www.vidonn.com/en/download.html

Official website: http://www.vidonn.com/en/index.html

List of users:
    1.- castleman
    2.- ....

And... someone also have this tech-toy?

Ready to mod/hack/trick/update the APK?

:)

Regards
    The question remains why it is not "backward" compatible. It easy to dismiss a phone this way that it would not be compatible for a chinese brand..

That's Android for you :) Because of protocol details, a lot of the smartwatch and smartdevices require 4.3 (where android introduced a better notification support and other changes) and also low power 4.0 BLE. And that requirement gets hardcoded without a backward compatibility support :(