[Q] Battery problem

Search This thread

giorgakis10

Apr 15, 2011
Hello guys i have a problem with my battery.It drains so fast and i dont know the reason.I noticed that chrome is using about 40-50% of the battery while my screen does use 36% and apps like facebook,youtube etc. about 2-3%.Whats going on?Can i fix this problem or i have to buy a new battery with higher mAh.I also found that calibrating my battery might solve the problem but havent tried it yet so i give this a try and let you know.Let me know what you think.

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Depends on how long you've had the battery ?

P.S - You can't 'calibrate' a S2 battery. It's impossible. Ignore the crap on here/elsewhere saying you can.

Extra P.S - Which S2 variant are we talking about - I9100 ? (Ignore what I'd said about double posting, your other thread in General is sufficiently different, though you'd probably get more help if it was in Accessories).

Last edited:

giorgakis10

Apr 15, 2011
Depends on how long you've had the battery ?

P.S - You can't 'calibrate' a S2 battery. It's impossible. Ignore the crap on here/elsewhere saying you can.

Extra P.S - Which S2 variant are we talking about - I9100 ? (Ignore what I'd said about double posting, your other thread in General is sufficiently different, though you'd probably get more help if it was in Accessories).

I have the battery since i bought the s2 which means about 3 years.
About the calibration i dont know if it works or not i just said i found it as a solution on a search i had.
Yes its I9100.You are right about the double posting but i am new here and i dont know exactly in which thread to post so i did post on both.
Let me know what you think.I am using the phone too much if that helps and maybe the battery has come to an end and needs replacement.

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Nah it's all good about the other thread, you're asking where to buy batteries so that's cool ;)

3 yrs eh ? Getting anything beyond 18 mths is pretty good assuming you're charging it at least a little once per day (if you're doing a full charge/discharge you'd get less than that), and even if you're not doing that (say charging only every 2nd day), two years is pushing it.

You've done well to get 3 yrs out of it. I mean, you could get BetterBatteryStats & see if there's wakelocks/whatever causing drain that you might be able to reduce, but everything you've said points to a simple case of the battery being on the way out, so a replacement is probably the go.

giorgakis10

Apr 15, 2011
Nah it's all good about the other thread, you're asking where to buy batteries so that's cool ;)

3 yrs eh ? Getting anything beyond 18 mths is pretty good assuming you're charging it at least a little once per day (if you're doing a full charge/discharge you'd get less than that), and even if you're not doing that (say charging only every 2nd day), two years is pushing it.

You've done well to get 3 yrs out of it. I mean, you could get BetterBatteryStats & see if there's wakelocks/whatever causing drain that you might be able to reduce, but everything you've said points to a simple case of the battery being on the way out, so a replacement is probably the go.

Well then i feel better now :) I will get used to threads and all this stuff after being there for some time ;)
Last year i think i over charged the battery because i used the phone too much and the battery was always drained.Sometimes twice a day!
I think needs replacement too.I will try betterbatterystats just to check where the massive drain comes from.
Anyway thanks for responding and helping me in a kind way:) greets!

Reactions: MistahBungle

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Well then i feel better now :) I will get used to threads and all this stuff after being there for some time ;)
    Last year i think i over charged the battery because i used the phone too much and the battery was always drained.Sometimes twice a day!
    I think needs replacement too.I will try betterbatterystats just to check where the massive drain comes from.
    Anyway thanks for responding and helping me in a kind way:) greets!