[Q] Bootanimation is black, lockscreen problem

Search This thread

vrootsuser

May 24, 2014
Hi, all

I have a problem with the lockscreen.
It happened when I replacing the files of "bootsamsung.qmg" , "bootsamsungloop.qmg" , "bootsamsungmini.qmg" and "bootsamsungminiloop.qmg" of /system/media to change the bootanimation using the Root Explorer, and then this problem started, I can not lock the screen, but I can turn off the cell phone, it's a thing of function button. When I turn on the cell phone, the bootanimation is in black, that is to say, I don't get the bootanimation.

I tried to go settings>>personalization>>lockscreen to change the settings of active screen and it don't work.
I tried to restore factory settings and wipe data, and it don't work.

I used the downloaded bootanimation with archives that contain "bootsamsung.qmg" and "bootsamsungloop.qmg" and copied to change his names "bootsamsungmini.qmg" and "bootsamsungminiloop.qmg", the download of this bootanimation is in <<http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2587092>> , the link is "BiosBootAnimation(Made_BY_NimaGL2).zip".

Can someone help me, please?

SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3 SM-N9005

Last edited:

4aces

Feb 16, 2010
Hi, all

It happened when I replacing the files of "bootsamsung.qmg" , "bootsamsungloop.qmg" , "bootsamsungmini.qmg" and "bootsamsungminiloop.qmg" of /system/media to change the bootanimation using the Root Explorer, and then this problem started, I can not lock the screen, but I can turn off the cell phone, it's a thing of function button. When I turn on the cell phone, the bootanimation is in black, that is to say, I don't get the bootanimation.

I tried to go settings>>personalization>>lockscreen to change the settings of active screen and it don't work.

I used the downloaded bootanimation with archives that contain "bootsamsung.qmg" and "bootsamsungloop.qmg" and copied to change his names "bootsamsungmini.qmg" and "bootsamsungminiloop.qmg", the download of this bootanimation is in <<http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2587092>> , the link is "BiosBootAnimation(Made_BY_NimaGL2).zip".

Try to set the boot animation all over again and follow every step (don't hurry or panic). Also take a look on the links posted by The dev of the boot animation. If it still didn't work please try to flash the stock boot animation via recovery. At last if everything didn't work put the rom on your sd card backup data and efs (titanium backup 4 example) and do wipe data and cache in recovery. Good luck

Reactions: vrootsuser

Rosli59564

Mar 10, 2013
Hi, all

Did you reset the permission and ownership of each of the files?

Reactions: vrootsuser

vrootsuser

May 24, 2014
Try to set the boot animation all over again and follow every step (don't hurry or panic). Also take a look on the links posted by The dev of the boot animation. If it still didn't work please try to flash the stock boot animation via recovery. At last if everything didn't work put the rom on your sd card backup data and efs (titanium backup 4 example) and do wipe data and cache in recovery. Good luck

What if I try to install the files it says on <<http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2502550>> ? Will be this, the solution?

vrootsuser

May 24, 2014
I found where is the problem, is in the permissions of files that have copied, I changed to rw-r--r--, and before when I had the problem was rwxrwx---, was a detail, and wherefore the lockscreen didn't let me that lock the screen.

Thanks, all, now works perfectly.

Reactions: Rosli59564

NewShockerGuy

Dec 17, 2009
Fairfax, VA
Hi, all

Older thread but wanted to ask what specifically these two files do?

bootsamsungmini.qmg" and "bootsamsungminiloop.qmg

*I know bootsamsung.qmg (plays first at boot after Samsung logo)
*bootsamsungloop.qmg (plays second at boot)
*shutdown.qmg (plays when phone turns off)

But what do the other two do and are they needed??
bootsamsungmini.qmg" and "bootsamsungminiloop.qmg

Thanks,
-Nigel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, all

Hi, all

Did you reset the permission and ownership of each of the files?
    What if I try to install the files it says on <<http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2502550>> ? Will be this, the solution?
    Try it should work
    I found where is the problem, is in the permissions of files that have copied, I changed to rw-r--r--, and before when I had the problem was rwxrwx---, was a detail, and wherefore the lockscreen didn't let me that lock the screen.

Thanks, all, now works perfectly.