locked bootloader

Search This thread
Jul 24, 2010
has anybody asked the dev of safestrap, or even tried it out yet? the locked bootloader is the next big problem, i assume. and as far as i get it the "fire os" is the same on "fire"-devices.

xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2556677

Reactions: iRet

mastafunk

Aug 31, 2011
Undisclosed Swamp Location, FL
has anybody asked the dev of safestrap, or even tried it out yet? the locked bootloader is the next big problem, i assume. and as far as i get it the "fire os" is the same on "fire"-devices.

JCASE demonstrated booting unsigned code from USB... so we dont NEED to unlock the bootloader although it would be nice.
What we really need is a custom recovery and a way to boot it.. perhaps JCASE will chime in now that the root is out..

wavrunrx

Jul 14, 2011
last i saw his signature says he is away for an undetermined amount of time :crying:

drumst1x

Jun 14, 2013
Just checked safestrap, no luck.

May be we can port loki. Platform looks similar for me, but offsets is different.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

Looks like a few people have been looking into this, but haven't seen much activity recently. Just chiming in to see if there have been any advances on this front? Either progress, or a determination that it's too difficult at this point?

rbox

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2011
Looks like a few people have been looking into this, but haven't seen much activity recently. Just chiming in to see if there have been any advances on this front? Either progress, or a determination that it's too difficult at this point?

So I was thinking about 2nd-init and getting SafeStrap working. I need to keep looking and figure out the best place to start the 2nd-init.

drumst1x

Jun 14, 2013
So I was thinking about 2nd-init and getting SafeStrap working. I need to keep looking and figure out the best place to start the 2nd-init.

Thanks for answering :) Happy to hear that people are still trying this. I'm wondering, once Android TV is released, the hardware on this device seems to be pretty powerful and it might be a great experience, if we can figure out how to get it on there.

Good luck, rbox! And thx for the xposed mods :)

Ipse_Tase

Feb 29, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Just be aware that the first thing that will stop working with an unlocked bootloader will be Netflix HD. I don't have Prime so can't comment on that.
You will be limited to 720x480 resolution - 1750kbps.

rbox

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2011
Thanks for answering :) Happy to hear that people are still trying this. I'm wondering, once Android TV is released, the hardware on this device seems to be pretty powerful and it might be a great experience, if we can figure out how to get it on there.

I was able to find the best spot to do the 2nd init, and it seemed to be working, but unfortunately I'm having some problems getting TWRP to actually display even though I'm doing exactly the same thing I did with clockwork. Luckily it's a long weekend, so I should have some time to debug it.

CLran619

Jan 5, 2013
san diego
I was able to find the best spot to do the 2nd init, and it seemed to be working, but unfortunately I'm having some problems getting TWRP to actually display even though I'm doing exactly the same thing I did with clockwork. Luckily it's a long weekend, so I should have some time to debug it.

thank you for the work u put into this device. i got it a few days back and have it decked out :) i hope by the end of summer this device will have a working recovery and maybe a rom or 2 :)

drumst1x

Jun 14, 2013
thank you for the work u put into this device. i got it a few days back and have it decked out :) i hope by the end of summer this device will have a working recovery and maybe a rom or 2 :)

Summer only has a couple of weeks left... I also hope we can crack the bootloafer or at least get boot strap or something similar working, but I am not going to hold my breath. I AM very happy with how well it is working though, especially as an xbmc/kodi box! Hope we can get the mic button working in kodi. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just checked safestrap, no luck.

May be we can port loki. Platform looks similar for me, but offsets is different.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app