Getting late notifications after KK

Search This thread

Mave025

Jan 5, 2014
I installed the OTA 4.4.2 stock rom from the forums and ever since my notifications come sometimes hours later. I don't have cell service and haven't for awhile. I leave the phone on airplane mode but with wifi turned on. It's the same way I used it under Jellybean. However now I have to often open up Hangouts and Google Voice to check manually for messages. If I don't I'll sometimes get notifications of new messages 1 to 6 hours after the message was sent.

Even opening up the app and checking sometimes won't force me to get new messages. If I hit the refresh button on Google voice about 3 times then sometimes it'll force it to finally receive the message.

Wifi works fine though, I can surf the web, stream music, watch youtube, update apps perfectly. Never have a hiccup or stutter and never had this issue until I updated to KK. Before I flashed KK, I did a backup of my apps with Helium and restored them. I wondered if that could be the problem. Not sure why it would effect the messages I receive on Hangouts or Google Voice and nothing else though.

This is the rom and procedure I used, going from stock 4.3 rooted to KK.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2738533

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Just to be 100% sure nothing else is causing weird issues, I would backup everything from your internal storage and external SD card, reformat your SD card, Odin the stock ND8 tar and the latest Philz Touch Recovery, then try to reproduce your problem.

If you can't reproduce it, root the phone (Philz Touch Recovery / Settings /Re-Root), then breakup the apps with data you restore into half. Restore only that half and try to reproduce the problem. Each time the problem doesn't occur, do a nandroid backup and restore another half of what's not restored yet. Once you can reproduce the problem, you'll have narrowed it down.

Once you can reproduce the problem, restore the last nandroid and restore half of what you had previously tried, etc. Keep going until you narrow the problem down to one, or narrow it down enough to make an educated guess from what's left and try just that one and verify that it's the issue.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! v2a ??? & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot
senygy6y.jpg

n00b-xda-disciple's Wicked X Video review

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v2.2, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

Reactions: Mave025

Mave025

Jan 5, 2014
Just to be 100% sure nothing else is causing weird issues, I would backup everything from your internal storage and external SD card, reformat your SD card, Odin the stock ND8 tar and the latest Philz Touch Recovery, then try to reproduce your problem.

If you can't reproduce it, root the phone (Philz Touch Recovery / Settings /Re-Root), then breakup the apps with data you restore into half. Restore only that half and try to reproduce the problem. Each time the problem doesn't occur, do a nandroid backup and restore another half of what's not restored yet. Once you can reproduce the problem, you'll have narrowed it down.

Once you can reproduce the problem, restore the last nandroid and restore half of what you had previously tried, etc. Keep going until you narrow the problem down to one, or narrow it down enough to make an educated guess from what's left and try just that one and verify that it's the issue.

Charging still shot
senygy6y.jpg

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v2.2, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

Thanks for the reply, I thought I had notifications setup for this thread, but I guess not. Anyways in the past 4 days I've flashed 2 different KK roms and still having the same issue. I've used Philz wipe and install option both times. I used a stock rooted rom first, and after a day of using it I still am not getting my notifications for Hangouts. I used another custom KK rom from the forum and flashed it as well using Philz wipe and install.

I've left the roms stock on both installs, except for signing into my Google account and letting the apps update. I'll send myself test messages and wait sometimes even an hour and not get any notification until I manually open the app and even then sometimes I cannot get it to load the message. Yet the internet connection is working and I can check email and browse websites without issue. The only way I can get it to load up any new messages is to reboot.

I want to try going back to Jellybean just to see if I'll have the same issue. Now that I've gone to KK though, is it possible for me to downgrade back to Jellybean? I know I've seen threads in the past saying downgrading will brick the device.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Charging still shot
    senygy6y.jpg