Battery drain over night FIXED(!?)

Search This thread

root

Oct 10, 2006
Google Pixel 7
I was pissed off as my phone lost all the juice over the night and didnt have time for filling it in the morning as i have to go to my job. Also i am a privacy freak and from obvious reasons i dont like google apps, same goes for gmail (as i am using exchange server i dont need all the sync stuff there) which was my initial reason for preventing the application to start - i dont use ANYTHING releated to google/market and i dont have any account there, i never used it.

On rooted phone I started to prevent starting everything related to google and DRM, market etc. (autostarts https://market.android.com/details?id=com.elsdoerfer.android.autostarts):

- DRM*
- Factory Test*
- com.google.*
(i think this was all, i'll recheck if there was something else)

And guess what. The battery drain over the night is now around 2% and the phone is quite able to survive 2 days (not completely accurate as i had it connected to computer for 10 minutes in between to pump some files from it), after the second night i still had 12% of battery left.

If someone else is able to repeat that, please report the results and if someone is able to figure out which app exactly is draining the battery even batter.

One thing i dont really understand is what are those apps doing during the night, there is no reason to contact any of google services as i dont have any account entered, so wtf are they doing?!

To ROM cookers, please stop adding google apps by default, make them as package to be installed later if you wish.

I do not have any communication or at least there should be none over 3g (droidwall) and i dont want to kill aplications just to have peacefull sleep. I was searching for final solution and i have found it.

Last edited:

bo_feras

May 6, 2011
One solution is to switch off wifi and data connection in night and sure you will have better battery drainage.

thunderroid

Oct 17, 2009
Mountain View
Go to the task manager and kill all running tasks, then clear ur RAM before going to sleep @ night.

I loose like 1-2%

Send from my Samsung Galaxy S II

root

Oct 10, 2006
Google Pixel 7
I do not have any communication or at least there should be none over 3g (droidwall) and i dont want to kill aplications just to have peacefull sleep. I was searching for final solution and i have found it.

grassroot04

Oct 17, 2007
If it is a night issue, try turning the display ON before unplugging the charging cord. I have used this method and the battery stays at 100% all night long.