[Apps] Call Master and Root Call Blocker on ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
OK guys, some of you know our work. I am going to the states for their capitalist xmas holidays and will buy one of these silly plastic phones again to check for issues. But before then, we need some feedback on our existing apps. Most importantly Root Call Blocker and Call Master.

Root Call Blocker - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=13213850
Market - https://market.android.com/details?id=fahrbot.apps.rootcallblocker.beta&feature=search_result

This is the basic call blocker we make. Uses the same daemon but is for noob users. If you are not a customer, you can approximate full functionality through Google Contact Groups. Use the online contact manager to create your group if you down own the full version.

Call Master: - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1291587
Market - https://market.android.com/details?id=fahrbot.apps.blacklist&feature=search_result

CM is our professional-grade call management app. Its in beta at the moment, so you dont have to perform any craziness for the testing. Just download from the market and get with the program.

Please test the apps thoroughly - this means clicking on everything and then, if you have issues or suggestions, sending logs with detailed descriptions of your issue through the "Write to us" dialog.

Thanks guys. I know many of you will be devs, so hopefully you are willing to help others. On that note, if you need any help, i am always willing to offer mutual assistance :)

|oLo|

Call Master

This is what I've tested so far: Green Led illuminates when an action is met

Tested standard blocking by adding a specific number: Good

Tested all wildcard entries (455*, ##455*, etc): Good

Tested unknown/restricted numbers: Good

Tested Not in Contacts: Good

Gate Keeper (nice feature): Not working
I tried everything on this one. Had set under uknown numbers, 1 min interval, 2 calls. Did not completely understand the interval setting so I tried both possible situations (2 calls with in 1 min and 2 calls with a 1 min lapse). Also tried with 3 calls/5 min interval. Could not get it to allow calls with gate keeper.

Log sent

Schedules: Works (Kinda)
When a set time frame is set for a profile, It will block properly. Once outside of the time schedule, it still continues to block.

Log sent

Last edited:
Reactions: ftgg99

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Thanks - but did you include descriptions in these logs you sent?

Also, schedules will keep using the last profile in the cue, that is not a bug.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Yep, i see it now. Its an error all right - the daemon seems to be going down when gatekeeper is enabled.

I am going to the states on sunday so i will get the gn and hopefully fix the issue first thing after xmas, around the 27th.

Thanks very much for the help!

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
By the way, i tried to thank your post, but apparently im limited to 5 thanks a day. What a joke, ill have to take this up with the rd committee :)

drpancake

Jan 29, 2011
I've been using the call blocker for a few days and so far its working great. I tested a few of the settings and no problems. I do have a couple suggestions

I have people that I have blocked because I don't ever want to talk to them again.
-maybe an option to not keep a log in the app of blocked messages/calls because i still feel like i have to go in and check it all the time so an option to not save the history in the app would be nice. right now i had a friend set the password and not tell me it. so far I cannot find a call blocker app on the market which you can opt out of keeping your blocked history in the app.

-also the interface for setting profiles and exceptions took me a while to figure out as it was confusing for me. but that could just be me.

- lastly a setting to automatically reply to a blocked sms and not just calls. i didn't see an option for that maybe i missed it? I use "Your number has been blocked (automated message)" and would like it to say that to blocked texts also.

anyway, thank you for the great app! major stress reliever

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
I've been using the call blocker for a few days and so far its working great. I tested a few of the settings and no problems. I do have a couple suggestions

I have people that I have blocked because I don't ever want to talk to them again.
-maybe an option to not keep a log in the app of blocked messages/calls because i still feel like i have to go in and check it all the time so an option to not save the history in the app would be nice. right now i had a friend set the password and not tell me it. so far I cannot find a call blocker app on the market which you can opt out of keeping your blocked history in the app.

-also the interface for setting profiles and exceptions took me a while to figure out as it was confusing for me. but that could just be me.

- lastly a setting to automatically reply to a blocked sms and not just calls. i didn't see an option for that maybe i missed it? I use "Your number has been blocked (automated message)" and would like it to say that to blocked texts also.

Hi. If you are talking about CM, both of your suggestions are already there.

You can stop people in a list from being logged entirely by unticking "Log" in the Blocking action Settings you have added to that list. RCB also supports this.

Also, both apps apply the auto-reply function to contacts, which mean that both calls and sms will be replied to. In RCB this can only be done through Global or Exception settings.

Reactions: drpancake

drpancake

Jan 29, 2011
ah great thank you! Somehow I missed that, I still cant find where to auto-reply to SMS. I only see the box for "Enable SMS auto-replies for blocked calls" i tested and it works but only for calls, if i add someone to my blocked exceptions the only options are default, block, block&save, or don't block.

i am using the paid version of Root Call Blocker

Sorry i dont know if this thread is purely for testing and reporting bugs, i dont mean to hijack. If there is a different place to ask these questions I will do so there.

Last edited:

Schiehallion

Mar 3, 2009
London
Working perfect here - one issue when restoring app from a new rom flash - quickly moved to restored Root Call Blocker and tested to find not working properly - uninstalled and downloaded again seemed to fix it - guess something messed with root so manually adding to su may have fixed without the uninstall - first class and best tried

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Thank you!

Regarding restoring. Yep, this is generally an issue with superuser. Just go into su and forget rcb, then go into rcb and restart the ril or telephony so it prompts for su rights again.

Or

jenicekk

Nov 7, 2010
Root Call Blocker is bull shi..t ! big sorry for my bad word

Last edited:

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
An update has been released:

Only active profiles can now be cloned
Fixed UI issue on Galaxy Nexus that squeezed icons together during orientation change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK guys, some of you know our work. I am going to the states for their capitalist xmas holidays and will buy one of these silly plastic phones again to check for issues. But before then, we need some feedback on our existing apps. Most importantly Root Call Blocker and Call Master.

Root Call Blocker - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=13213850
    Market - https://market.android.com/details?id=fahrbot.apps.rootcallblocker.beta&feature=search_result

This is the basic call blocker we make. Uses the same daemon but is for noob users. If you are not a customer, you can approximate full functionality through Google Contact Groups. Use the online contact manager to create your group if you down own the full version.

Call Master: - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1291587
    Market - https://market.android.com/details?id=fahrbot.apps.blacklist&feature=search_result

CM is our professional-grade call management app. Its in beta at the moment, so you dont have to perform any craziness for the testing. Just download from the market and get with the program.

Please test the apps thoroughly - this means clicking on everything and then, if you have issues or suggestions, sending logs with detailed descriptions of your issue through the "Write to us" dialog.

Thanks guys. I know many of you will be devs, so hopefully you are willing to help others. On that note, if you need any help, i am always willing to offer mutual assistance :)
    ah great thank you! Somehow I missed that, I still cant find where to auto-reply to SMS. I only see the box for "Enable SMS auto-replies for blocked calls" i tested and it works but only for calls, if i add someone to my blocked exceptions the only options are default, block, block&save, or don't block.

i am using the paid version of Root Call Blocker

Sorry i dont know if this thread is purely for testing and reporting bugs, i dont mean to hijack. If there is a different place to ask these questions I will do so there.
    Call Master

This is what I've tested so far: Green Led illuminates when an action is met

Tested standard blocking by adding a specific number: Good

Tested all wildcard entries (455*, ##455*, etc): Good

Tested unknown/restricted numbers: Good

Tested Not in Contacts: Good

Gate Keeper (nice feature): Not working
    I tried everything on this one. Had set under uknown numbers, 1 min interval, 2 calls. Did not completely understand the interval setting so I tried both possible situations (2 calls with in 1 min and 2 calls with a 1 min lapse). Also tried with 3 calls/5 min interval. Could not get it to allow calls with gate keeper.

Log sent

Schedules: Works (Kinda)
    When a set time frame is set for a profile, It will block properly. Once outside of the time schedule, it still continues to block.

Log sent

Hi. If you are talking about CM, both of your suggestions are already there.

You can stop people in a list from being logged entirely by unticking "Log" in the Blocking action Settings you have added to that list. RCB also supports this.

Also, both apps apply the auto-reply function to contacts, which mean that both calls and sms will be replied to. In RCB this can only be done through Global or Exception settings.
    I have a feature request:

Looks like this can block with wildcards. ie: 212-555-*. Any chance that instead of just blocking the call you can assign a ringtone to it?

I'd like all calls from my company to ring with a different ringtone than the rest of my contacts. Thoughts?