New Firmware 2/17/2012. Keep your fingers crossed...

Search This thread

anthonyalberto

Jan 11, 2012
Montreal
Updated to .14 WW firmware today.
Since then, can't boot.

The tablet is stuck in a boot loop, tried hard reset (pinhole), swipe data by holding Volume down + power ... nothing works

Any ideas ?

Thanks

dime_veyron

Feb 6, 2012
Try This Method

Updated to .14 WW firmware today.
Since then, can't boot.

The tablet is stuck in a boot loop, tried hard reset (pinhole), swipe data by holding Volume down + power ... nothing works

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Use this Method:
EP201_SDUPDATE.ZIP (Rename extracted ZIP-File)

CONFIRM:
Works ONLY with MicroSD CARD (REMOVABLE - ROOT).
Inernal Memory FAILURE - Search only for REMOVABLE RECOVERY

HOW TO:
Shutdown Device
HOLD LOWER VOL. + POWER
CONFIRM within 5 Seconds with HIGHER VOL.

Works perfect...think with this method you can flash every FULL OTA - FW from EVERY SKU (without ROOT ???)

not my from here

Last edited:

chivas228

Nov 16, 2006
as strange as this sounds, my GPS is working better and better on .14! i wasn't able to get any sats before hence the testing but now, sitting in my kitchen, i am able to get 10 sats with 8 locks albeit it drops to 0 every so often but it goes right back into action in 1 to 2 seconds max. more road testing this weekend and it works like a charm on the road. no clips, no phone placement, nothing... just the prime working on it's own.

here's what I don't seem to understand about the complaints on this board: it seems BC and C0 or C1's has issues rather inconsistently. some do, some don't. I have a BB build which I can only surmise from the logical naming convention that I have what is believed to be a very first build Prime yet I have least amount of problems (from freezing, none, to app hangs to battery issue, etc). maybe I got one that was built on a Wednesday?

anthonyalberto

Jan 11, 2012
Montreal
Use this Method:
EP201_SDUPDATE.ZIP (Rename extracted ZIP-File)

CONFIRM:
Works ONLY with MicroSD CARD (REMOVABLE - ROOT).
Inernal Memory FAILURE - Search only for REMOVABLE RECOVERY

HOW TO:
Shutdown Device
HOLD LOWER VOL. + POWER
CONFIRM within 5 Seconds with HIGHER VOL.

Works perfect...think with this method you can flash every FULL OTA - FW from EVERY SKU (without ROOT ???)

Hello,
What is this file and how can I get it?
Also my prime is not rooted and I don't want to root it!

Thanks for your help

Barracuda2806

Feb 3, 2012
Today i have succesfully updated my firmware to ww .14.

It was root-ed before the update, after the update ota rootkeeper restored my root acces

Lets see what kind of improvements this firmware version brings us .

vX-2

Sep 7, 2010
Hello,
What is this file and how can I get it?
Also my prime is not rooted and I don't want to root it!

Thanks for your help

You don't need it to be rooted, just extract the zip file from: http://support.asus.com/download.as...rmer Prime TF201&p=20&s=16&os=32&hashedid=n/a
Once extracted, you'll see another zipfile.
Rename the extracted zip file to: EP201_SDUPDATE.ZIP put it in your SD card main folder.
Follow instructions with the volume- (volume down) & pwr button.

Last edited:
Reactions: anthonyalberto

anthonyalberto

Jan 11, 2012
Montreal

knowlesy

Mar 6, 2010
Newcastle
Just updated and did a factory reset as Id thought it would be best (i had been experiencing serious reboot issues in 11 which lead me to not even use the tablet for over a week)

So far its running brilliantly WIFI has improved, I cant say for battery nor BT nor GPS as I haven't really tested it yet... however I have given google market a pounding and a few run on some simple games tower defense etc and I have had a few "pauses" on google market, (im downloading 30+ apps) but apart from that no reboots in what 2 hours, it was every half hour or so (dependent on use ofc) previously

so far a winner !!!

oh from UK and serial is.... BCOKAS######

steiner

Oct 15, 2007
Rrrr -- So - my experience.

I had manually updated to .11 in order to regain root. I did not receive an update notification to move to .13 or .14 - so I downloaded the official update from the US site - update installed perfectly, after a reboot.

Good news - I now have a working GPS. (did not work at all before).

Bad news - I lost root. I had protected root through VooDoo - but maybe since I didn't perform an OTA update, it didn't protect it after the update. Any advice here would be appreciated.

Thanks

buxtahuda

Feb 4, 2011
Cleveland, MS
Rrrr -- So - my experience.

I had manually updated to .11 in order to regain root. I did not receive an update notification to move to .13 or .14 - so I downloaded the official update from the US site - update installed perfectly, after a reboot.

Good news - I now have a working GPS. (did not work at all before).

Bad news - I lost root. I had protected root through VooDoo - but maybe since I didn't perform an OTA update, it didn't protect it after the update. Any advice here would be appreciated.

Thanks

That is correct, manual install wipes your backup along with anything on the internal SD.

Just follow the link in my signature and root it again, just use method 1 and you'll be ready to back it up with OTA RootKeeper again

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

mothman0

Feb 3, 2012
Kelowna, BC
I haven't had a chance to play a lot, but I updated to .14 this morning (In Canada, I have C1 serial).

The update went smoothly, and one thing I have noticed is that my app drawer scrolls smoothly now. Previously, there was a lag after first opening the drawer, where scrolling would be very jittery. Now it's silky smooth.

Reactions: jaxx10

jfarinella

Feb 11, 2012
Gilbert
.14 experiment

I purchased my Prime in January (BCOKAS1xxxxx). Loved .11 (only had a reboot a day) but battery life was great. Moved to .13 and everything went to south. Had the sleep of death issue with hard shutdowns. I did a factory reset which seemed to clear up the sleep of death but the battery was horrible. I decided not to move to .14 and, thru the help of the dev. forum, rooted and downgraded to .11 again. 1 a day reboot was back but battery was great. I got 36 hours of active use. After reading all of the .14 posts that i could find I decided to try a little experiment. I unrooted my prime and did a factory reset to clear everything up. Once it rebooted the update notice popped up. I did one final hard re-boot (paperclip) and then moved forward with the update. I thought I was going to go from .11 to .13 but when the update was finished I was at .14. Once that rebooted I did another factory reset again. I let it boot up and did a hard re-boot. I have not logged into Google yet so nothing has been installed on my system - it's completely clean. I'm giving it a final full charge and I'm going to try and make it till tomorrow or even the next day without installing all of my stuff (it's hard not to have all of my "stuff" on this toy). I'll log into Google and get my system set up the way I want it. One note, I wasn't using but a few percent of my internal storage – Here is a mostly complete list of my stuff (not including the pre-installed items on the Prime) – it’s not much:

Touchdown
Asus web storage
3D Digital Weather
Adobe Flash
Adobe Reader
Android Terminal Emulator
Atomic Bomber
Barcode Scanner
Carbonite
Chase
Conversion Calculator
DirecTV
Dropbox
Facebook
File Expert
Goodreads
Kindle
Movies
My Movies Pro
Office Suite Pro 5
Pocket Cloud
Quick Battery
Rom Manager
RealCalc
Superuser
SwiftKey
Tapatalk
TeamViewer
Titanium Backup pro
Vonage Extensions
WiFi Manager
Yahoo Messenger
mSecure

knowlesy

Mar 6, 2010
Newcastle
Well ladies and gents my first restart of the night :( might be a one off I was browsing through gmail had about 15+ apps running open in memory

NeoMagus

Mar 3, 2010
East Coast
Been running .14 now since it dropped, my observations on my C1, battery issue that was in .13 was resolved. That was the only problem I encountered since purchase, no reboots or any other issues other than the non-existant GPS (which really isnt an issue to me) however I never had any random reboots on the other firmwares either and I started on .11 when I bought mine.

Personally dont understand all the hatred for this device, I love mine, great supplement to my Galaxy Nexus :cool:

manso1102

Jan 6, 2009
Miami, FL
I'm sticking with .13 for now..I haven't had any reboots since I updated to 13, when I would usually get at least four of day. Thankfully my prime hasn't asked for the update yet.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

MohMoh11

Feb 12, 2012
The .14 update is horrible, I have a WW prime and updated to .14 today and back came the reboot issues. As a result I currently am running .13 US because it has been the only stable release.

Let's hope ASUS can fix this in another OTA

velow

Oct 10, 2009
What is "Lucky Patcher"? Is it used for stealing Apps?

Yes, is for passing the verification license from the market, when you have installed apps from others ways. Or for patching this apps. But from this update i can´t use it, even after getting my prime rooted again throught OTA rootkeeper.

riker147

Jul 11, 2011
Yes, is for passing the verification license from the market, when you have installed apps from others ways. Or for patching this apps. But from this update i can´t use it, even after getting my prime rooted again throught OTA rootkeeper.

Don't think you're going to get any help with your problem here.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well it's more a princip case.. they seems more interested in NA. No offense, but our Euros are as good as dollars :)

The WW/DE/CN releases will be out early next week, probably by Tuesday at the latest. Each release has to go through Google CTS and they are presented at the same time.
    All these people with next to no posts moaning that the update isn't available in europe. You should know that until .13 the WW update always came out after the US update. I called it that we wouldn't see a WW .13 update when it failed to materialize the following day after the US got it. I'm glad that ASUS didn't release it to the rest of the world. I'm sure we'll see the WW .14 tomorrow.
    Also Confirmed. LOWER POWER STATES ARE BACK! Excellent battery life is back! Lol. Also 1.4Ghz is back! Took this right after update ;)

Screenshot_2012-02-17-02-19-31.jpg
    i still have the battery drain issue.
    after 2.5 hours and the battery went from 100% to 89%.
    i have no application installed. (can't blame them)

What are you talking about? Lmao if that's with constant use after this latest update, then that's good battery life. You used 10% of battery in 2.5hrs. That's great..lol usually battery drains 10% per hour for me. Now if you left your tablet alone, didn't touch it or use it at all, and was in deep sleep for 2.5hrs. And drained that much, then you have battery drain. Doubt though, have a feeling you were constantly using it or messing with it. ;)

Update is working great for me n battery lasting longer now since we have the lower power states back..

If you using the tablet n got 2.5hrs out of only going from 100-89%. That's no reason to complain at all. You should be more than happy with that. What do you think, you should get 5 hrs. Out of tablet using that lil bit of battery? Lmao. Different story if it was in deep sleep the whole time and drained like that. Plus web surfing and playing games will drain the battery the most right after screen brightness...just f.y.I.

---------- Post added at 06:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 AM ----------

I'm guessing the 2.5 hrs the tab wasnt in use ?

otherwise you can expect near 25hrs use !

That's what I'm saying..lmao I had to point out those details in my post. I'm pretty sure he was constantly using it and checking stats n surfing web here the whole time..lol
    I'm seeing scattered posts throughout the threads this morning saying speed went up, speed went down, and speed stayed the same. In my personal experience, it stayed the same but I'm at work on a really bad connection so that's not the best test -- although I can attest that the update didn't improve my performance on this mediocre network at all so nobody pulled a magic rabbit out of a hat as far as that is concerned.

I think its all placebo effects...lol update didn't even change wifi version