Post Your CyanogenMod 7.2 Nightly Questions HERE!!

Search This thread

werewolfo

Nov 14, 2011
Desenzano
OK guys, I've got to admit it, I've just witnessed my phone reboot on an incoming call. :(

Is it true for you guys too? No message in the call log?

EDIT: I switched my WiFi on this afternoon, which I don't normally do (my data tariff ran out) which is the only change I've made from my normal usage. Do people with reboots have WiFi on too?

Now that i notice... The 90% of reboots i got, the phone was under wi-fi. During the day i use my mobile data (2g, since you fixed the Funny Sim problem - Thanks a lot again!).

Btw, it's true. If a reboot happens on incoming call, no log have ever been registered.

Edit: Is it normal that wi-fi's power consumption is bigger than 2g's?

Last edited:

NeuDLi

Feb 11, 2011

Thanks Adam. Since there has been no change in the sources on github, I'm curious what you have changed here. Could you say what is different in this kernel?

The only difference in the config (relative to the cyanogenmod_thunderg_defconfig) I could find was the activation of "CONFIG_USB_ANDROID_MTP". As far as I understand it this is related to the Media Transfer Protocol for the android USB gadget driver, i.e. it should not have anything to do with the reboot on call bug.

Another thing that is not clear to me: are there any required patches relative to the stock LG kernel to make it run under CM 7.2 at all, and if so, which ones? Yuripg1 previously said that it did not work out of the box, therefore I'm asking.

Reactions: myawan

Umang96

Inactive Recognized Developer / Themer
Oct 1, 2011
New Delhi
someone please tell me what are the major improvements in tha latest nightly after nightly #34

adfad666

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 29, 2011
I was busy but I sent a kernel log to Ricardo, he said it was the display driver which was crashing, and he sent me the kernel to test. (Kernel isn't my specialty)

The sources haven't been updated yet in case the fix doesn't work! We need to test it for a week to check we have no more crashes. We can't easily reproduce the bug so we simply have to test it. The more testers the better!

Anyone made a flashable zip yet? I wont be able till later tonight...

Sent from my LG Optimus One by carrier pidgeon

NeuDLi

Feb 11, 2011
Anyone made a flashable zip yet? I wont be able till later tonight...

I have put the zImage from the new kernel into an anykernel update zip (signed). However, please note that I currently cannot test/flash this zip!

Therefore use only at your risk! Also, as the boot.img does not contain the wireless module, I was consequently not able to put one into the zip.

Attachments

• adam-fixkernel_signed.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:

IKnowIRock!

Feb 24, 2012
Colombo
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Sometimes my phone suddenly goes like out of control...all my apps in SD card doesnt work They don't open up.But i can open apps in the internal storage .
It happens like 4 or 5 times a day...any suggestions guys??
same thing happening here, with latest nightly and stock kernel.

anybody??? :( it happened just now aswell :(

NeuDLi

Feb 11, 2011
anybody??? :( it happened just now aswell :(

Sounds like a problem with a defective SD card. Happened to me once, my P500 acted strange then, like completely locking for a couple of seconds, heavily lagging and sometimes even rebooting. Bought a new SD card and the problem was gone.

Apparently the P500 is very touchy about SD cards...

bostro

OK guys, I've got to admit it, I've just witnessed my phone reboot on an incoming call. :(

What's worse, it didn't show up in the missed calls list, so I have no idea who called me! If I had gone to the toilet I would never know someone tried to call me as it only takes about 30 seconds to reboot...

That could also explain why I hadn't seen the problem before. If someone had called me and it rebooted but I didn't notice, I would never know about it!

Is it true for you guys too? No message in the call log?

The funny thing is, I have received 4 or 5 calls already today, and I haven't changed anything on the phone all day!

So, for those who think it's in the kernel, which kernel do you recommend?

Let the debugging commence!

EDIT: I switched my WiFi on this afternoon, which I don't normally do (my data tariff ran out) which is the only change I've made from my normal usage. Do people with reboots have WiFi on too?

I had those problems too, but very few times. Same situation: no notification of the phone incoming...
With ta-gb-1.2 and franco kernel 4 i have no more those reboots.

voyager20021

May 5, 2011
Here
I have put the zImage from the new kernel into an anykernel update zip (signed). However, please note that I currently cannot test/flash this zip!

Therefore use only at your risk! Also, as the boot.img does not contain the wireless module, I was consequently not able to put one into the zip.

So flashing this will not have wifi?

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

NeuDLi

Feb 11, 2011
So flashing this will not have wifi?

No, that is not true. It is so:

Flashing this zip will not overwrite any existing wifi module (but also not copy one if there is none). I.e., if there is a working wifi module before flashing wifi should work, otherwise of course wifi cannot work.

Should not be a problem as the kernel should be compatible with the existing CM wireless module. However, I always prefer to include the associated module into the kernel update zip. Simple reason: you can easily mix up kernel/wireless module otherwise... and will then take some time to diagnose this.

Reactions: lerkin

voyager20021

May 5, 2011
Here
No, that is not true. It is so:

Flashing this zip will not overwrite any existing wifi module (but also not copy one if there is none). I.e., if there is a working wifi module before flashing wifi should work, otherwise of course wifi cannot work.

Should not be a problem as the kernel should be compatible with the existing CM wireless module. However, I always prefer to include the associated module into the kernel update zip. Simple reason: you can easily mix up kernel/wireless module otherwise... and will then take some time to diagnose this.

Got it. Testing...

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

fdaconta

Mar 2, 2012
East Islip, NY
no service after flashing CM 7.2.0.5

Hello
I'm a noob here. I have LG p509 running RevOidOptT Rom. I flashed the CM 7.2.0.5 rom, and recieved a no service message when finished. I restored to RevOidOptT and the phone/radio worked again. What causes this no service problem when flashing? and is there a fix?

DJNoXD

Sep 9, 2008
djnoxd.blogspot.de
Samsung Galaxy S8
Hello

With the new Kernel i didn't have reboots on calls (till now).
But now my phone reboots if I start a camery camera (tested stock or camerafx). The first start works most times, but on later starts my phone reboots.

Has someone else this problem?

Edit:
Reflashed old version, but problem still exists ???

Last edited:

aleale83

Feb 9, 2012
With Adam's test kernel, camera work but with screen on animation enabled there are noise when screen on before animation

Inviato dal mio LG-P500

Last edited:

abhis3k

Oct 5, 2011
Hooghly
Normally when I'm home, wifi is always on. So yes reboot with wifi confirms. But I've got a few reboot in office too, when wifi was off. So may not be wifi only issue. But most of the time with wifi on.

As usual the call dosent appear in call log.

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Добро пожаловать, друзья! Welcome, Friends! आपका स्वागत है, दोस्तों! Benvenuti, amici!
    Bem-vindos, amigos! Ласкаво просимо, друзі! Bine ati venit, prieteni! 欢迎 朋友们
    Vítejte, přátelé! chào đón, bạn bè! Willkommen, Freunde! Bienvenidos, amigos!

in7kew.jpg

The latest CyanogenMod Nightly can be downloaded here or via ROMManager.
    The new recovery in ROMManager (5.0.2.7) is not required, but is necessary to receive automatic updates.

Changelog
    [I'm not going to provide my own changelog as all updates to CM7.2 are minor bugfixes only...]

Other necessary files: Google Apps (Also available in ROMManager)

night·ly /ˈnaɪtli/
    adj.
    1. Of or pertaining to the night, or to every night; happening or done by night, or every night.
    2. A Fresh CyanogenMod ROM automatically built with the newest available code, usually compiled at night. Often contains many bugs.

This is the place to discuss the CyanogenMod nightlies. Feel free to talk about anything related to these ROMS, but to receive acknowledgement by a developer of any problems you find, the following conditions should be met:
    • Use the stock CyanogenMod kernel
    • Do not overclock
    • Use the default system apps (launcher etc.)
    • Do not use apps2sd or similar
    Before posting a problem you should:
    • Check the posts below for a solution / fix
    • Read the last 10 pages of this thread for a post with a similar problem
    • Backup, reflash with a full wipe, check if the bug is still there
    • Wait 24 hours for the next nightly, the devs probably already know about it
    If the problem still persists after the next nighlty appears and all the above steps have been followed, post your problem and we'll see if there is something we can do. Please include the following information:
    • Which Nightly you are running
    • Which Nightly the bug first appeared (if known)
    • *Confirm Stock Everything* (shows that you have read all the above)
    • Detailed steps to reproduce the bug (add a screenshot if it helps)

OLD BASEBAND?

If your phone uses the old baseband, you need to upgrade to the new baseband. This improves 3G signal and battery life. There are many guides on how to do this so just have a quick look around, or even watch a video on Youtube.

NO-APN PROBLEMS?

All APN problems related to 'funny SIMs' have been fixed, please thank werewolfo for generously donating an Italian funny SIM for me to test with!.
    Major improvements include:
    • New baseband support
    • Better 3G Reception
    • .35 kernel support (only)
    • Offline charging
    • Quicker GPS lock
    • Smoother Accelerometers
    • Better 3G signal
    • Better battery life
    • CyanogenMod Updates
    I noticed its difficult to get the pop-up menu when I hold the power button down.

Hold the power button down until you feel it vibrate twice.

I'm getting an error when trying to turn wi-fi on after flashing the testing kernel and the last nightly.

The test kernel is a kernel only, none of the other included files came with it. If you flashed another kernel it won't work.

With screen on animation there are white noise before animation and when receive a call, need some time before i can answer.

You shouldn't really be enabling screen on animation, it's always been buggy for msm7x27 chips which is why it's disabled by default. But if it works, static is a small price to pay for a phone that doesn't reboot on an incoming call...

PS here's a KANG that includes the fixed kernel and fixed camera...

http://www.mediafire.com/?p0di9g79ck80a0c
    Ok. As you know, init is the first process after kernel started. Init parse /init.rc and /init.[device_name].rc and execute early-init action in it. Ueventd is one of the very first services started by the default init.rc. It proceeds to read its main configuration files, /ueventd.rc and /ueventd.[device_name].rc, replays all kernel uevents (i.e. hotplug events), and then proceeds on to wait, listening for all future uevents. Kernel uevents are delivered to ueventd through a netlink socket, a common way for certain kernel functionality to communicate with user-space tools and daemons. [device_name] we get from "androidboot.hardware" kernel commad line - in our case it "thunderg" (look BoardConfig.mk). In early builds we got file /uevent.thunder.rc , after typo fix we have /uevent.thunderg.rc and have problem with /dev permissions - ril, sensor, gpu not work. Download latest nightly, flash, then apply patch in attachment - and manual network selection was work :fingers-crossed:
    Finally audio with headphones is fixed!

I spent ages looking for a way to enable the microphone with stereo output, then I realized I can just detect if we are in a call or not and swich to mono with working mic :rolleyes:

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/14710/

EDIT: here is an unofficial build to play with

http://www.mediafire.com/?4b933wa09351rjv

changelog: 'stuff' is fixed ;)